What's new

Mark Wiens Star Alliance World Trip

Mark Wiens is one of my favourite professional travel bloggers (focusing mostly on food which I love).

He has just started a round the world trip sponsored by Star Alliance (he has come along way since his humble origins many many years ago)....the first leg of which will be to India. I will post his updates on this thread as they are uploaded. Please feel free to tag anyone else you know in this forum that loves travelling/sight seeing/food:

@Gibbs @Godman @PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @MilSpec @Levina @Zibago @django @ghazi52 @salarsikander @WAJsal @RAMPAGE @The Sandman @Arsalan @Rain Man @Roybot
@Bilal9 @BDforever @Aung Zaya @PaklovesTurkiye @ebrahym @waz @LA se Karachi
@Proudpakistaniguy @jbgt90 @anant_s @nair @ranjeet @JanjaWeed
@Viet @AndrewJin @Carlosa @xiao qi
@Vergennes @Taygibay @Blue Marlin et. al
I doesn't do his Ummmmmmm face as much any more, but that used be the only reason why we would watch his videos

I think it was everything combined (what he ordered for his wife plus the palak paneer, roti and dahl etc)
Do we have to eat with our hand in India?
Can one just use a fork or spoon with the left hand?

Do we have to eat with our hand in India?
Can one just use a fork or spoon with the left hand?
Of course you can, it's just that with certain types of food, roti/naan and other breads etc, it makes more sense to eat with your hand just like it does with pizza.

They do get a little messy down south where they prefer to eat with their hands, even rice and gravies.

main-qimg-28c3472fabe33974782ed96049f32b56-c

lol

Of course you can, it's just that with certain types of food, roti/naan and other breads etc, it makes more sense to eat with your hand just like it does with pizza.

They do get a little messy down south where they prefer to eat with their hands, even rice and gravies.

main-qimg-28c3472fabe33974782ed96049f32b56-c

lol

Everything tastes better hand to mouth lol....on banana leaf especially.

@nair @Levina @Rajaraja Chola

Much like the people in the UK and Indian food, the Dutch have developed a taste for Indonesian food. If you really want to tret family and friends, a home-cooked rice table never fails.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rijsttafel

P1060111.JPG

http://world.jhong.org/

img_1500.jpg

https://thetravelingbird.wordpress.com/2013/03/22/rijsttafel-indonesian-food-in-netherlands/

I am reminded of my dutch gf in high school back in singapore. She was 1/4 indonesian....a very nice mix.

I will have to try this cuisine when I am in holland and compare it to my knowledge of base indonesian cuisine.

@madokafc

I am reminded of my dutch gf in high school back in singapore. She was 1/4 indonesian....a very nice mix.

I will have to try this cuisine when I am in holland and compare it to my knowledge of base indonesian cuisine.

@madokafc
Lots of variation of dishes, often by island. Great, esp. if you like spicy or highly aromatic foods. Made Rendang Daging (beef stewed in spicy coconut sauce) just last week and finished the last of it off yesterday with Acar Ketimun (cucumber, chilli, and shallots, w. sugar, salt, and - if you like - pepper, koriander, and cumin, together in a bit of vinager) on rice. Yum.

beef-rendang-rendang-daging.jpg

31980-atjar-komkommer-en-rode-ui.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom