What's new

Mark 2 Tejas revealed . 1st Flight 2023

With canards ? interesting..

1606679914428.png

View attachment 691853

The Prototype will be revealed in February 2022 at Aero India

At 17 tonnes its 4 tonnes heavier than the little brother Tejas MARK 1/1a

Tejas Mk2 – India’s upcoming indigenous Beast (defencexp.com)
This will replace both the Jaguar & the Mig29 once indiction starts in 2027 -2028
I take it that this is concept art or the prototypes are already flying?
regardless its looking very good and sleek.
canards are added but over all the rest of the profile is same.

Currently in detailed design phase

https://www.onmanorama.com/news/nat...ht-fighter.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

GE secured the contract for the F414INS6 in 2010, testing beginning in 2014 by GE and the first two delivered to ADA in 2017

https://www.geaviation.com/press-re...gine-selected-power-south-koreas-kf-x-fighter

https://www.business-standard.com/a...es-collaboration-for-amca-117021401120_1.html

2500 Crores allocated(~$300+ Million) so far

LPI AESA Radar flying on one of the Tejas prototype vehicles (Project Uttam)

The engineering cockpit sim was unveiled early this year with a Side stick and LAD

Is this similar enhance F 414 engine that will be used by KFX/IFX program (InshaAllah) ?

1606661463572.png

We dont need working prototype When we 20 Final operaional Clearance versions of Mark1 in service

Mark1a is the same fighter but added Aesa Radar and only new EW suite

You dont need an entire prototype for this

View attachment 691888

View attachment 691889

View attachment 691895

VERSIS MARK 2

Metal cutting for Tejas Mark 2 starting Feb 2021

$300 million dollars budget allocated for 1st Prototype development by 2023

Many elements from Tejas current fighters mark1 and 1a
Do u know what does changing radar means ? How much time will it take and it means integration of all weapon system from the begining.

lca tejas 1 and 1a,x 123 planes will replace mig21 bison only .

tejas mark 2 will replace jaguar and mig29 and current estimates 114 planes

reason being India wants to move to Amca post 2035

bhai version 1 tu properly induct kar lu pehlay? first block of F-16's were 94, Block-1 of JF-17 were 50 for instance, how many Tejas are in active service?

lca tejas 1 and 1a,x 123 planes will replace mig21 bison only .

tejas mark 2 will replace jaguar and mig29 and current estimates 114 planes

reason being India wants to move to Amca post 2035
Do you know designing new jets take lots of time whether its base on earlier version, look at the F-22/F35 developments they have mature aviation industries but F35/f-22 projects takes 25 years to complete and with your immature aviation industries you're expecting your mark 2 will fly in 2 years

Do you know designing new jets take lots of time whether its base on earlier version, look at the F-22/F35 developments they mature aviation industries but F35/f-22 projects takes 25 years to complete and with your immature aviation industries you're expecting your mark 2 will fly in 2 years

How does he know that?

He is just a bharati troll.

Do you know designing new jets take lots of time whether its base on earlier version, look at the F-22/F35 developments they have mature aviation industries but F35/f-22 projects takes 25 years to complete and with your immature aviation industries you're expecting your mark 2 will fly in 2 years

your ignorance has no.limit
the post says fixed static prototype model 2022
first single flight 2023
initial operational.clearance will be 5 to 7 years later after 1000 flights and 5 protypes are built
it's spin off of tejas with 70 percent commonality but larger for increase fuel.and 4 additional hard points
just read what I write don't just vent anger and make assumptions
bhai version 1 tu properly induct kar lu pehlay? first block of F-16's were 94, Block-1 of JF-17 were 50 for instance, how many Tejas are in active service?

16 in flying tigers no45
4 in second squadron
8 more joining 2021
12 more in 2022 when 2nd production line opens

your ignorance has no.limit
the post says fixed static prototype model 2022
first single flight 2023
initial operational.clearance will be 5 to 7 years later after 1000 flights and 5 protypes are built
it's spin off of tejas with 70 percent commonality but larger for increase fuel.and 4 additional hard points
just read what I write don't just vent
And you have the better aviation industries than USA ATF prototypes took 10 years and you're assuming that your mark 2 will fly in 2 years
And bigger and more hardpoints means their will be lots internal changes it will have you're such an idiot

I would be happy if even design phase gets completed and metal cutting starts in 3 years, let alone fully flying prototypes.

I dont think this type of single engine jet fighter can carry Brahmos as the article claim. Brahmos I believe can only be carried with heavy weight fighter in the class of Sukhoi 27/30

I would be happy if even design phase gets completed and metal cutting starts in 3 years, let alone fully flying prototypes.

They havent yet completed the detail design right ?? If they did complete design detail at this November 2020, I can say they will likely to have the first prototype at July 2022 and possible first flight at second semester of 2023.

The detail design phase is said to be started in March 2020, so at least detail design phase will be completed in one year at the fastest, considering KFX/IFX program needs about 15 months. So detail design will likely be completed in July 2021 thus first prototype will likely be finished in April 2023 and first flight will likely be in 2024 if any things is fit with the schedule.

This analysis is made by using KFX/IFX program progress and plan as comparison.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom