What's new

Maoists are not terrorists, says Digvijay Singh

Do we really have a definition of "Terrorist" ?

According to pundits :-

If a Muslim is done wrong - surely he is terrorist

If he is Non-Muslim - He is not at all a terrorist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are freedom fighter and want tere own stat which they should get.

Sir if u know nothing abt wat is being discussed ur obliged to stay at a safe distance from the keyboard and not embarass urself by posting something nonsensical.

Mr420 -).

They are freedom fighter and want tere own stat which they should get.

1. They dont want their own state. if they want then you will have to gather maiosts from all states to create a diferent state altogather, sounds unrealistic for both maioists and govt, isnt it?....think.

2. They are not freedom fighters as such asking to create another country, coz thats what freedom basically will mean I guess?. if you are terming them as freedom fighters against domination and suppresion then yes they are..

So if the later is true then many members' equation on terming them as terrorist organization like Al-queda and LET will simply go clueless and the dreams to kill them all will fall back like cards..

U may call them saints,terrorrists - the nomenclature does not matter.they shuld be done away with.

Agreed that they should be done away with, but the approach need to be different.

Look at the approach we took on Kashmir, we termed it as a special state, persuaded companies to invest there. Kept the land free from outsiders by deploying army, first clreared the ground for mordnization programmes to start. Made an international Airport. Gave the people of Kashmir that they are our brothers, the land is an integral part of seculart India and now we see the hopes gone past to the stage from just bloosoming to a big arena of dreams where people have faith "on us" that we can make their drems come true.

And thats the fact the world now respects us for the stand we took on Kashmir..
We didnt kill or penalize entire Kashmir. We addressed the issue from grass root level and took out the extrimists only who came and stood against it.

The same "neeti" needs to be applied here. and here I will say we are not facing invaders. The issue is comparatively softer here.

Target those leaders of Maioism, build the foundation of strong faith in people suffering there..

And there you addressed the issue...

Agreed that they should be done away with, but the approach need to be different.

Look at the approach we took on Kashmir, we termed it as a special state, persuaded companies to invest there. Kept the land free from outsiders by deploying army, first clreared the ground for mordnization programmes to start. Made an international Airport. Gave the people of Kashmir that they are our brothers, the land is an integral part of seculart India and now we see the hopes gone past to the stage from just bloosoming to a big arena of dreams where people have faith "on us" that we can make their drems come true.

And thats the fact the world now respects us for the stand we took on Kashmir..
We didnt kill or penalize entire Kashmir. We addressed the issue from grass root level and took out the extrimists only who came and stood against it.

The same "neeti" needs to be applied here. and here I will say we are not facing invaders. The issue is comparatively softer here.

Target those leaders of Maioism, build the foundation of strong faith in people suffering there..

And there you addressed the issue...

Mate i agree that a military solution is not the only solution...There has to development also..
But the order is..First force should be deployed to clean the areas of the maoists and then do the development work..
Tha analogy of Kashmir that u gave proves me.
Similarly the Maosist are power hungry terrorists.The current leadership must be driven away by force and the govt must ensure this prob doesnt come in future by investing in development in those areas.

But the basic thing is the currrent leadership of Maoists like Kishenji are hardened terrorists.

Another power hungry moron! All for votes!! Its people like these who indirectly help the naxalites by giving them indirect support! And people wonder why the govt hasnt been able to subdue the maoist menace!

IMHO, this moron's days are numbered in Congress leadership!

Atleast some one in congress is speaking the truth for a change. :cheers:

now arent we not advocating the good terrorist/bad terrorist propaganda..?

Maoists are a threat to the country and should be done away with.period.

U may call them saints,terrorrists - the nomenclature does not matter.they shuld be done away with.

Mate there is none good here. I am not saying Maoists are good. You can see that I have mentioned Maoists as 'the only dangerous internal threat to our country'.

Those differentiate between 'good terrorist-bad terrorist' want to compromise with 'good terrorist' and wanna support them but do we support Maoist? No.

If we don't call them terrorist that doesn't make them good. They will be uprooted but not the way we do with terrorists. That was my main point of not calling them terrorist. There is another major reason for not calling them terrorist, I am not going to mention it here.

You should note that govt are ready to talk with Maoist if they give away arms and violence but is the govt ready to do that with Kasmir terrorists? HuM? LeT? JuD? and other terrorist orgs? No.

p.s.: as Imran said we r in the position where they were before swat.
the sooner we realise the better.

Please don't compare with Swat/FATA kinda thing with India. No one does, not even terror crazy western media. It will be more harmful if we ourselves introduce with such comparisons.

Atleast some one in congress is speaking the truth for a change. :cheers:
How about you follow the steps and stop trolling for a change??? Dude honestly what is wrong with you...Every India related thread i can find your one-liners that defy logic by a big margin...:disagree:

But the basic thing is the currrent leadership of Maoists like Kishenji are hardened terrorists.

I agree with you, and this is what I mentioned in my first post of this thread and this thread also.

We need to target the leadership, and here force will not work. you need strong intelligence to find the hide outs of these Morons...

So no difference here...

Check out my post.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/57539-maoists-not-terrorists-says-digvijay-singh-2.html

GOI need to play smart here, as we all know that the Maioists leadership also is linked with mainstream politics, like I will cite example in West bengal where Trinamool congress is believed to be helping Maioists with arms and amunitions...

Last edited:

Another power hungry moron! All for votes!! Its people like these who indirectly help the naxalites by giving them indirect support! And people wonder why the govt hasnt been able to subdue the maoist menace!

IMHO, this moron's days are numbered in Congress leadership!

send digvijay with CRPF javans and told him to live with moist

sale ye kutte politicians .... before making this statement he dont even think about our 73 soldiers ... i wish moist kill him on his head

GOI need to play smart here, as we all know that the Maioists leadership also is linked with mainstream politics, like I will cite example in West bengal where Trinamool congress is believed to be helping Maioists with arms and amunitions...

Agreed !

This is really interesting....lot of speculation regarding this...especially since the time of singur protests and the maoist angle in the dispute...but the party denies any link,but ironically the party chief Mamata B has avoided answering question on that so far....lets see how our political leaders play the card of maoist to their favour....Mr.Singh already seems to have some plans for the elections here.:pop:

Do we really have a definition of "Terrorist" ?

According to pundits :-

If a Muslim is done wrong - surely he is terrorist

If he is Non-Muslim - He is not at all a terrorist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shut your mouth before you come up with something like this.

Many of us are hindu here and no one has said something what you are trying to intimate.

He is right. Maoists are not terrorists. They do not target civilians. So who exactly are they terrorizing? A terrorist is someone who targets civilians deliberately, in a bid to terrorize a civilian population. - Like 26/11, Kashmir, etc. Attacking security forces for political gain is not terrorism.

and please explain how this is vote bank politics? Whose vote will does he expect to win after uttering such a statement? The Tribals? So i guess, you all agree that the Naxals have significant support among the tribals, and are not just supporting them because they are terrorized?

PS - people, stop comparing TTP to the Maoists in India. Completely different entities.

Mate there is none good here. I am not saying Maoists are good. You can see that I have mentioned Maoists as 'the only dangerous internal threat to our country'.

Those differentiate between 'good terrorist-bad terrorist' want to compromise with 'good terrorist' and wanna support them but do we support Maoist? No.

If we don't call them terrorist that doesn't make them good. They will be uprooted but not the way we do with terrorists. That was my main point of not calling them terrorist. There is another major reason for not calling them terrorist, I am not going to mention it here.

You should note that govt are ready to talk with Maoist if they give away arms and violence but is the govt ready to do that with Kasmir terrorists? HuM? LeT? JuD? and other terrorist orgs? No.

Si i want to know ur opinion on Operation Green hunt..?U dont want it..?

Please don't compare with Swat/FATA kinda thing with India. No one does, not even terror crazy western media. It will be more harmful if we ourselves introduce with such comparisons.

Accordint to me...its the saem..they didn care abt Swat..only wen the Taliban made it a no-go did they realise it and captured it back..
The only diiference is is The no-go areas of Maoists are Forests and Jungles in place of Cities as in their case.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom