What's new

Manipur, India bans Christians from preaching

Some Indian member was talking about religious freedom to preach in Islamic countries.

So my question to the same Indians here what is the status of religious preaching by Non-Hindus in India specially with regard to missionaries ???

We are not perfect however a lot better than most of the asian countries.

Religion in India is a FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT guaranteed by the country's constitution. Freedom of religion is established in tradition as Hinduism doesn't recognise labels of distinct religions and has no concept of blasphemy. Every citizen of India has a right to practice and promote their religions peacefully.:cheers:

guys there wqas a post by fateh in 2009 :lol: in the same thread, which somehow people seem to have missed and have started fighting from where they saw the last post without reading the whole thread..

anyways..the real story was that there is n Hindu involved in the matter, read the actual story..

Fact Finding Team visits Chingmeirong : 28th jan09 ~ E-Pao! Headlines

P.S : link actually provided by fateh

We are not perfect however a lot better than most of the asian countries.

Religion in India is a FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT guaranteed by the country's constitution. Freedom of religion is established in tradition as Hinduism doesn't recognise labels of distinct religions and has no concept of blasphemy. Every citizen of India has a right to practice and promote their religions peacefully.:cheers:

There is alot of bloodshed over conversions in India. Christians found it hard to live without fear after converting,

Orrissa saw the horrible massacre of Christians.

Babri Mosque, Gujrat massacre of Muslims .

Ban on cow slaughter.

How does the Indian govt ensured fundamental rights of Non-Muslims in these cases??

There is alot of bloodshed over conversions in India. Christians found it hard to live without fear after converting,

Ban on cow slaughter.
How does the Indian govt ensured fundamental rights of Non-Muslims in these cases??

There are Christians living in all over India other than in Orissa..and there are more people converting in to Christianity also..As a christain i never faced any threat for my life..neither do most of us..Yes as pointed out earlier by members,some of the actions by Missionaries has to watched by the government..They are offering food and cloths and other promises for converting in to Christianity..this is not the way My religion should work..its like offering bribe..and also you should know that even in Christanity,they dont like people to go to another branch like Catholic to Penticoste..it is widely banned by Catholic and other churches..And also ban on cow slaughter is in some part of India but they can use other meat like ox or buffalo..

Fake news, real trolls are here.

No such thing happened, some tribals had a fight, those tribals are not even hindu. Thats it. I'd cleared this matter over a year ago, but idiotic trolls have nothing to do with facts, only their hateful propaganda.

Shoo away moron!

Dont bother Seiko....she ll just ignore ur post and come back with Orissa,Gujarat,Manipur,...Papua new guinea to bash India...:lol:

Yes a sad reality :confused:..we talked about it worth 1000 pages now ..I give her even a youtube link too ..but still :hitwall:

Ban on cow slaughter.

Man, she is badly obsessed with india and hindus.
Too much obsession is bad for health.
Get a life.

Yes a sad reality :confused:..we talked about it worth 1000 pages now ..I give her even a youtube link too ..but still :hitwall:

Hard reality - in some threads off topic posts, repeating the same nonsense even when links are provided, moving from one argument to another off topic one etc are allowed.

Not for you though, you will get banned. Just watch the fun.

Ban on cow slaughter.

I DONT deny the above charges against India...and I don’t support or endorse it...I would rather condemn it.

But my point is…There are two major steps for a nation to become secular

FIRST AND FORMOST STEP IS TO MAKE A CONSTITUTION,DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM AND LAW WHICH SHOWS NO BIAS TOWARDS ANY ONE OR ANYTHING….BE IT CITIZEN,RELIGION,GEOGRAPHICAL,LANGUAGE….etc(Of course there are some extra consideration for minority religion in india( Muslim, Christian etc) which I feel is unnecessary)

WE ALMOST SUCCESFULY COMPLETED THAT FIRST BIG STEP……REMEMBER THERE ARE NATIONS WHICH GOT THEIR FIRST STEP WRONG AND STILL STRUGGLING WITH IT OR JUST ACTING BLIND.

SECOND STEP IS THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SAME WHICH WE ARE DOING PRETTY WELL BUT THERE IS A LOT OF ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT.BUT REMEMBER IT IS A HRECULEAN TASK TO IMPLEMENT SUCH LAWS IN A VASTLY LARGE,POPULOUS, AND DIVERSE COUNTRY....SO YOU NEED TO CONGRATULATE INDIA FOR THE GOOD WORK DONE..AND GOOD WORK IN PROGRESS...:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom