What's new

Maneka opposes cow slaughter for Army sneakers, stalls project.

but those beef in that menu in taj are from bulls or buffaloes not cows..they have takes for slaughter certficate n sell u bulls beef not cows....lol

Well, I didn't see the menu mention specifically that the meat was from bulls or buffaloes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

To all those members those who doubt that Beef is banned in India.Here's the list:
Beef in Mumbai, India on Askme

Taj Hotel menu:
1. Beef Curry.......................................................................................................$10.95
Tender cubes of beef slow cooked in light gravy with fresh ground spices.
2. Beef Masala....................................................................................................$11.95
Tender boneless cubes of beef cooked with fresh tomatoes and oriental
spices with touch of cream .
3. Beef Mushroom...............................................................................................$10.95
Boneless beef cooked with fresh onions, tomatoes & mushrooms.
4. Beef Jalfrazie..................................................................................................$10.95
Boneless beef cooked with fresh seasonal vegetables and herbs.
5. Beef Saag.......................................................................................................$10.95
Boneless beef cooked with spinach with hint of ginger and garlic.
6. Beef Akbari ....................................................................................................$11.95
Tender cubes of beef cooked with coriander and herbs in yogurt based sauce
light spices.
7. Beef Vindaloo.................................................................................................$10.95
Tender cubes of beef cooked in light gravy sauce with potatoes, herbs, and light
spices in a tangy hot sauce, traditionally served hot but can be prepared mild.
8. Beef Madrasi...................................................................................................$10.95
Boneless beef slow cooked with herbs and southernly coconut flavored curry.
9. Beef Moghlai...................................................................................................$11.95
Boneless cubes of beef cooked with fresh mushrooms in chef's special curry
sauce with touch of cream.
10. Beef Korma.....................................................................................................$11.95
Boneless beef cooked in smooth and silky cream sauce topped with cashews
and raisins.

Taj Indian Restaurant - Menu

It's a futile discussion anyways.

those beef are not from cow..may be buffalo or bulls with fit-for-slaughter certificate...

read my last post again

May be people in al razzak are haing buffalo meat thinking that is cow's meat lol
No no I am quite sure that it's Cow Beef.
Here's their phone number:

Al Razzak Food, Crawford Market

022 - 23400337

Mr Arshad Raza

Shop No 492 & 226 & 227, 4th Lane, Crawford Market, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (VT), Mumbai - 400001
Products / Services of Al Razzak Food

Frozen Chicken Retailer
Poultry Meat

Food Products - Frozen Food » Mutton Frozen, Meat Frozen, Beef Frozen
Food Products Chicken-Meat-Seafood » Mutton, Meat, Beef

I've seen the same among some Bengali Bramhins as well. They love a good steak or old fashioned Kheema.

Some brahmin guys in my class are quite passionate when it comes to meat. The funny part is, they are extremely "pious" at home.

My final contribution to this thread.
The largest slaughterhouse in India and also in Asia is located at Deonar, a suburb of Mumbai.

Well, I didn't see the menu mention specifically that the meat was from bulls or buffaloes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a futile discussion anyways.

in that menu did u find any where mentioned as cow beef???

It's just beef..
u can have how much ever beef from bulls or haifers or steers...but u wont get any beef from cow..it's against
the law and one will get imprisonment n fine
do u think Tata will go agaisnt the rules n regualtion??

Read the contents in the link below

ANNEX II (8)

@SMR
Okay then don't slaughter but let those who are not against it.

They can have any amount of beef which is from bulls or haifers or steers..(With fit for slaughter certificate)
but beef from cow is against the constitution of india and the animal protection act..

No one is above the law..
It is the rule of land
If any one goes against the animal protection act...get ready to pay fine and get jailed...

in that menu did u find any where mentioned as cow beef???

It's just beef..
u can have how much ever beef from bulls or haifers or steers...but u wont get any beef from cow..it's against
the law and one will get imprisonment n fine
do u think Tata will go agaisnt the rules n regualtion??

Read the contents in the link below

ANNEX II (8)

Maha has banned Alcohol consumption for those below 25,but last week I saw the Bar in Taj Land Ends serving Vodka to my friends some of who were 21-22 years old Age.

@SMR

They can have any amount of beef which is from bulls or haifers or steers..(With fit for slaughter certificate)
but beef from cow is against the constitution of india and the animal protection act..

No one is above the law..
It is the rule of land
If any one goes against the animal protection act...get ready to pay fine and get jailed...

I personally believe that everyone should abide the law of land in which he is living in. If he can survive without slaughtering the cow, with the other options available on Eid ul Adha, then he must avoid that.

But, dont you think that such restriction in law is against the definition of being secular? Like there is no country who forbids slaughtering of 'cow' through its constitution / law.

Maha has banned Alcohol consumption for those below 25,but last week I saw the Bar in Taj Land Ends serving Vodka to my friends some of who were 21-22 years old Age.

When they are asked about their age they may say 26 to the bar owner...or will the bar owner ask u the age certification??

but in this case of slaughtering there is no exception.....

comparing alchol rule and animal protection act is odd

why dont u compare alchol rule with rule on crimes..???

like killing other people is a crime but too people are killing!!!!

hope u understood

I personally believe that everyone should abide the law of land in which he is living in. If he can survive without slaughtering the cow, with the other options available on Eid ul Adha, then he must avoid that.

But, dont you think that such restriction in law is against the definition of being secular? Like there is no country who forbids slaughtering of 'cow' through its constitution / law.

In a secular country every citizen should follow the constitution.....And no one is above he constitution..

it is the constitution which is keeping this country stable and running....

IT THE CONSTITUTION WHICH ALLOWS SECULARISM!!!
if u go against the constitution then why should the constituition uphold the values of secularism???

Or trying to have the constitution in their favor...sorry thats no possible....

In a secular country every citizen should follow the constitution.....And no one is above he constitution..

it is the constitution which is keeping this country stable and running....

IT THE CONSTITUTION WHICH ALLOWS SECULARISM!!!
if u go against the constitution then why should the constituition uphold the values of secularism???

Or trying to have the constitution in their favor...sorry thats no possible....

Dont you think that constitution of a country which claimed to be a 'secular' cannot have such such restriction, i.e. against the belief of Muslims?

Is it mandatory in Islam to slaughter a cow on Eid. Any phrases directing it to be a mandatory ritual from the holly book would be appreciated.
I am seriously requesting for sake of learning.
Original Post By newdelhinsa

It is done in the foot steps of Prophet Abaraham...........
Every Muslim who can afford it should do it............

If one can afford ... Any animal can be slaughterd .......... Camel, Cow, Buffalo, Goat or a sheep

Thanks really appreciate, but i haven't got complete answer.

Like Jana was astonished with comments made by Indians many of them are Hindus, on eating beef, I think the stereotype will get some dilution.
I will tell you a funny story, I am a vegetarian and i have never even tasted an egg. When my brother in law's family came to India. On a good sunny day we started flying kites on the roof. One of my brother in law's nephew from roof top started counting cows saying yummy yummy yummy; contained by an organization within their premises in their neighbourhood (Gaushala); helping stray and sick cows abandoned by people on roads. I asked my brother in law why he is saying yummy to these cows. He told me that he is from America and they all eat beef. I was shocked to know that even hindus are consuming beef like never before specially overseas hindus.

As far as respecting cow or any animal is concern then Hinduism has seen plenty of changes in food habits during the course of history. There are few reference where cows are sacrificed. Influence of buddhism, jainism made Indians less tolerant to violence against all animals. Its a bloody complex issue to be given any good conclusion BTW. Most of the people respect cows because there hundred of references in Hindu scripts to respect and provide sanctuary to cows. People were cursed by great sages on killing cows.

I can give my point of view on this with excellent excuses/logic but i do not think this will help others to understand it against their own personal view. Religion is a personal practise, since India is a secular democracy the govts. are elected on votes. Majority of people hate demonstration of killing animals. Govts. do oblige to their concerns and demands, they have to. State has detached its self from religion but not its people.

I do not think by not slaughtering a cow a muslim will become less muslim. A poor muslim who can not afford the sacrifice is as muslim as the rich muslim is. This is where muslims can find the balance when living in coexistence with other religions who do not like these practices. Apart from that its duty of govt. and the people to ensure all are free to practise their religion at whim and with what is really mandatory (like no crossing of line when talking about Prophet (SAW) for muslims) without being offended by others.

Dont you think that constitution of a country which claimed to be a 'secular' cannot have such such restriction, i.e. against the belief of Muslims?

Even in indian village about 30 years back people used to sacrifice animal for god...and that is also banned now...so no sacrifice things are done now

U r thinking that this rules applies to only muslims ..come out of it..
it even applies to hindus or christians and every other community in india

And who said u that consttiution cannot have some speicfic lawS???

If that bill is passed in the parliament that is must n should be respect by all indians...

Constitution gives Indian people to follow the religion of their conscience.....But remember Indian constitution is not based on any religion!!

Then it doesnt have to make laws to appease any religion it will have laws which are logical..

Back
Top Bottom