What's new

Man fined for beating puppy to death

jhungary

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
China
Shih Tzu puppy Cookie. Picture: Supplied

A Wilson man who beat his puppy to death has been fined $7500 and banned from owning a pet for five years.

The fine was imposed after 22-year-old Chin Wei Shing failed to appear in the Perth Magistrate's Court this morning.

Chin was charged with animal cruelty by torturing, mutilating, beating, wounding, tormenting or ill-treating a Shih Tzu puppy named Cookie.

The offences occurred in March this year at Chin's house in Wilson which he shared with two female housemates.

RSPCA prosecuting inspector Keith Ginbey said Cookie had been barking and the women heard Chin yell at the puppy, before hearing several loud thumping noises and then the dog yelping.

One of the women went to investigate and Chin told her the dog had bitten him.

Cookie appeared to be frightened and hid under her bed and she comforted the dog before returning it to its cage.

The woman apparently told Chin: "Don't do that, she's only a baby".

Mr Ginbey said a few minutes later, more thumping noises and yelps were heard and carried on for about 10-15 minutes before there was silence.

The court was told the women went to check on the dog and they found it lying motionless on its bed.

The dog's eyes were red and there was blood near the puppy, which later died.

Chin, who later told one of his housemates that he killed Cookie, claimed to have given the dog a pill and when he was spoken to by an RSPCA inspector, said the dog had a needle stuck in its throat.

He claimed to have taken Cookie to a Victoria Park vet to have it cremated but the RSPCA found no records of Cookie ever having attended the vet.

Chin told the inspector that animals were treated differently in Malaysia and he admitted smacking Cookie and knowing it was wrong, the court was told.

Mr Ginbey applied for a five year prohibition order preventing Chin from owning or breeding animals.

In granting the order and fining Chin $7500, Magistrate Steven Heath said it was a serious case of "malicious injury" which led to the death of a small puppy.

Chin was also ordered to pay $78.80 costs.

Man fined for beating puppy to death - The West Australian

It said, it's different to treat animal in Malaysia, how exactly they treat animal overthere??

IMO He got off cheap, $7578 fine without jail......

Fcking coward attacking a little, vulnerable, harmless animal. The law is just too liberal with an @$$h0le like him.

:lol: :lol: mr do you and me have any right to utter such words ? when situation of human back home is worst than action of this man against an animal.

Bizarre logic!

So one shouldn't show any kind of response to such cruel acts, just because you perceive "situation of human back home is worst than action of this man against an animal."

Besides, Zoosadism can have serious consequnces.

Zoosadism

There should be more strict punishment for these kind of mental retards.

:lol: :lol: mr do you and me have any right to utter such words ? when situation of human back home is worst than action of this man against an animal.

Utter Dumbness.

What make this case worse is the dude is the dog owner......I sort of understand if it's not his dog, but somebody else and he just snapped and killed it. But no, that's HIS dog, i do think he should have gone to jail with it. And he is legal to own ANOTHER DOG in 5 years, let's hope that one didn't goes like this one

If you hate dog bark, DON'T GET A DOG. or give them away, he said this is how Malaysian treated animal, i wonder what kind of show are running overthere....

I'm a dog person and hearing this news breaks my heart like crazy. Hope this guy enjoys where he's going.

He is going home, if he pay the fine, and he can own another dog in 5 years time........He would have enjoy it as it's his home

Wtf, why didn't he get jailed?

He should at least serve a few months.

Law is very lax in Australia, apperently....
Think i am gonna write to RSPCA about this...

Bizarre logic!

So one shouldn't show any kind of response to such cruel acts, just because you perceive "situation of human back home is worst than action of this man against an animal."

Besides, Zoosadism can have serious consequnces.

Zoosadism

More bizarre is the behaviour of the posters viz a viz beating/torture of human back home by their countrymen. Such posters failed to condmen that. its double standard.

r

More bizarre is the behaviour of the posters viz a viz beating/torture of human back home by their countrymen. Such posters failed to condmen that. its double standard.

r

Wtf are you talking about? Why can't people of your kind stay on topic?

???????? Any instance where you recall Tshering22 not condemning incident of murder in India?

Wtf are you talking about? Why can't people of your kind stay on topic?

Ok lets come to the topic. What punishment did the culprits got for leaving an Indian boy beaten to blue in Australia as compared to animal rights?

Ok lets come to the topic. What punishment did the culprits got for leaving an Indian boy beaten to blue in Australia as compared to animal rights?

Are you retarded? Or just trying to troll? I can bring instances of pakistanis being murdered during the London riots.

Stay on topic woman.

Back
Top Bottom