What's new

Mamata takes umbrage against BSF killings on Indo-Bangla border

Did you just say that an uniformed military organization shoots unarmed smugglers for 'self-defense'??As Tridibans pointed out BSF does not have night vision how do they know who's a smuggler and who's not??Felani was an innocent girl crossing the border to get married and BSF killed her and I can assure you there numerous of such cases!It is actually quite painful to watch people condoning and supporting killing of civilians!

As u can see the report is recent , where the BSF have said where mechanisms have reduced killings to drastically low levels.
When somebody wants to marry, why cant she apply through VISA>? Do u think in night, they will know, whom they are firing at? They are at utmost alert in night.

I am not though defending the actions. But understand if report comes out, that a girl had illegally crossed the border to marry, the BSF will take a bad beating from the govt.

And they now fire only for self defence. Only after all options have been exhausted. And u have no right to talk for smugglers, who attack my army people.

A 2001 like incident would teach this scums a lesson. These chankya scums can't do jack if BGB is given the permission to shoot back. Its not smugglers these fagots kill, but innocent farmers while not a single pensedyl smuggler gets killed. Indians do state-sponsored drug smuggling via their weed smoking BSF.

As u can see the report is recent , where the BSF have said where mechanisms have reduced killings to drastically low levels.
When somebody wants to marry, why cant she apply through VISA>? Do u think in night, they will know, whom they are firing at? They are at utmost alert in night.

I am not though defending the actions. But understand if report comes out, that a girl had illegally crossed the border to marry, the BSF will take a bad beating from the govt.

And they now fire only for self defence. Only after all options have been exhausted. And u have no right to talk for smugglers, who attack my army people.

That is why I said that BSF has to arrest and either prosecute or deport them.Show me proof where smugglers attacked BSF in our border!

That is why I said that BSF has to arrest and either prosecute or deport them.Show me proof where smugglers attacked BSF in our border!

U r spot on !! SMUGGLERS !!! Do u think smugglers would have no protection? There would be gangs on both sides of the border protecting them.
And what kind of proof u r expecting mate? Videos of smugglers shooting?
There can only be reports from BSF. Even BD forces have agreed that smugglers are creating a lot of problems. Threads were discussed here.

The fact that killings have reduced to drastic levels is a testimony to BSF rapid restraint. And now they have killed even Indian smugglers who attacked BSF. They attacked only after they were attacked. The low numbers in itself is a proof buddy.
They might have done some mistakes in the past, but it wont repeat in the future.
Steps had been taken.

A week ago smugglers attacked, when challenged by BGB. In reply one smuggler died.

UNBconnect... -

When the same happens with BSF, the news in BD media changes to ''the victim had gone near the fence for a night stroll (at 3 AM) when he was shot dead by trigger happy BSF''.

Check some of these cases, nobody in BD questions why young people take a stroll near the border at the dead of night??? Nobody in BD has asked for prosecution of Feluni's father for putting her on a ladder for crossing international border fence, he's been portrayed as a victim.

Mamata should stop poking her nose in the matter of national security, let the BSF and center deal with this.

I cannot understand why this issue comes up time & again.

Instead of feeling sorry for what BSF does why dont ppl from BD focus on what BGB does not do ?

The fact that smugglers are able to cross almost at will strongly indicates that BGB does nothing to stop them.

Its the money ;) A job in the border is something, every border guard wants.

Better border infrastructure like fencing the border and mining/lighting it would probably help with this. Make it a strict border where smugglers cannot operate illegally, kind of like Indo-Pak border.

A week ago smugglers attacked, when challenged by BGB. In reply one smuggler died.

UNBconnect... -

When the same happens with BSF, the news in BD media changes to ''the victim had gone near the fence for a night stroll (at 3 AM) when he was shot dead by trigger happy BSF''.

Check some of these cases, nobody in BD questions why young people take a stroll near the border at the dead of night??? Nobody in BD has asked for prosecution of Feluni's father for putting her on a ladder for crossing international border fence, he's been portrayed as a victim.

The fence is usually well within Indian territory. A Bangladeshi taking a stroll anywhere near the fence is already committing a crime.

GREAT.......than you obviously think that BSF is doing the wrong thing right?
I agree with you that BSF should not execute people. But these are international borders and they need to be protected, sometime with use of force. For example in pakistan border, lot of infiltrators come not as smugglers but as terrorists. In some instances they are caught but mostly they are killed.
Its very difficult for BSF to catch these people and shooting is a deterrent (not killing as such).

If BSF gets hold of some smuggler and executes him, that is definitely human right violation and they should be given strict punishment for that.
Same goes for illegal migrants.

There is a difference between somebody setting his dogs on me when I am in a public place and me being bitten by dog when I scale some wall and tried to enter somebody's house.

1. The BSF is a well-known terrorist organization criticized by

- Western human rights organizations (e.g. Human Rights Watch)
- Indian human rights organizations and civil society - Mamata Banerjee is not even a human rights activist but leader of one of the most important states in India and 90 million Bengalis.
- Bangladeshi human rights organizations.

2. The BSF abuses and carries out atrocities against both Indian and Bangladeshi civilians.

3. The apologetics issued by the Hindutva extremists on this forum that the BSF only murders smugglers is null and void because

a - The BSF are known for murdering ordinary civilians even their reference to the murdered girl named Felani contradicts their propaganda that only smugglers are murdered.

b - Smuggling is not an offence which carries the death sentence.

c - Even if it did there is a due process of law that civilized states (not a barbaric country like India where women are gangraped, mutilated and hung on trees) follow.

4. I applaud Mamata Banerjee for speaking up for the rights of ordinary people, her constituency.

The BSF is also manned primarily by non-Bengalis as the New Delhi regime is wary of pan-Bengali sentiment between east and west Bengalis so uses Sikhs, Tamils and others to man the Bangladesh-India border.

5. BSF terrorism is unacceptable and must stop.

A former Indian federal minister and leader of one of India's most important states has spoken out against the BSF, she is definitely one of the 100 most powerful people in India so this is a major step forward in combatting BSF terrorism.

1. The BSF is a well-known terrorist organization criticized by

- Western human rights organizations (e.g. Human Rights Watch)
- Indian human rights organizations and civil society - Mamata Banerjee is not even a human rights activist but leader of one of the most important states in India and 90 million Bengalis.
- Bangladeshi human rights organizations.

2. The BSF abuses and carries out atrocities against both Indian and Bangladeshi civilians.

3. The apologetics issued by the Hindutva extremists on this forum that the BSF only murders smugglers is null and void because

a - The BSF are known for murdering ordinary civilians even their reference to the murdered girl named Felani contradicts their propaganda that only smugglers are murdered.

b - Smuggling is not an offence which carries the death sentence.

c - Even if it did there is a due process of law that civilized states (not a barbaric country like India where women are gangraped, mutilated and hung on trees) follow.

4. I applaud Mamata Banerjee for speaking up for the rights of ordinary people, her constituency.

The BSF is also manned primarily by non-Bengalis as the New Delhi regime is wary of pan-Bengali sentiment between east and west Bengalis so uses Sikhs, Tamils and others to man the Bangladesh-India border.

5. BSF terrorism is unacceptable and must stop.

A former Indian federal minister and leader of one of India's most important states has spoken out against the BSF, she is definitely one of the 100 most powerful people in India so this is a major step forward in combatting BSF terrorism.

Before shedding your crocodile tears, stop illegal border trespassing.

Before shedding your crocodile tears, stop illegal border trespassing.

Indian politician, Mamata Banerjee's message to the BSF terrorist organization is stop illegal abuse of civilians.

Former Indian federal minister Mamata Banerjee's message to Hindutva extremists and the BSF terrorist organization is to stop border terrorism and the murder of civilians.

This thread is about your fellow Indian, Mamata Banerjee and her comments on BSF terrorism. Her words have far more weight than an online anonymous Hindutva troll. Please tell her what you think of BSF terrorism and why you support it.

Mamata Banerjee represents West Bengal. West Bengal says no to BSF terrorism.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom