What's new

Mamata suggests Dhaka to forget Teesta water

Very well. It was an interesting excercise in negotiations! So we have a stalemate. We would want you not to have military engagement with China, and you think these will continue. There will be no Teesta agreement if that is the position. Hopefully, however, it will not come to that because Sheikh Hasina is a friend of India and a brave leader who understands regional dynamics better than most.
You think you have leverage using Teesta. You don't. We've seen a lot worse. It was nice to have but not at this price.

I wouldn't say India has done nothing for BD. Right now we are providing a $2 billion aid package for infrastructure development. And who knows how much more in other areas I don't keep track of. And don't forget the millions of Bangladeshis who live and work in India. That is not "nothing".

Every aid package India provides has strings attached. It's not worth it.

However, defence ties have a spillover effect you cannot deny, and if yours continue with China then it will strain relations between us.

We have seen this before. Nothing new....

Not really. In fact so fragile is Bangladesh's ability to deal with major threats that until the Gulshan attack in July last year, the government was in denial about ISIS radicalization in the country. Thankfully Jamaat has low support otherwise the government will crumble very quickly.

All of this does not make me happy at all. I seem more concerned than you about your own country. But then chauvinist nationalists are usually a country's worst enemies.

Your unhappiness is irrelevant.

Last edited:
not for sale.jpg

17798951_1601397823255707_4329637016819517106_n.jpg

17265118_1816070858654204_8383263005040040445_n.jpg

Bangladesh enters into India’s military plan: Khaleda

Special Correspondent

met02.jpg
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday claimed that her party, when it was in power, signed a defence agreement with China as per the demand of the country’s Armed Forces after discussions with them.
She came up with the remark at a press conference at her Gulshan office. The news conference was arranged to brief the media on the country’s latest political situation and the Prime Minister’s recent India tour.
As her attention was drawn to the Prime Minister’s comment that what is the problem with inking defence MoUs with India while the BNP-led government had signed a defence deal with China earlier, Khaleda said, “Why should we procure arms from a country (India) which import arms from other countries. They (India) can’t produce high quality and sophisticated arms.”
Khaleda further said, “We’d inked a deal with China as our armed forces are used to use Chinese arms. Before signing the MoU, we’d talked to the armed forces and taken their opinions that whether the agreement should be signed it and what kind of arms should be procured.”
She also said her government did not import any outdated arms from China. “We procured all modern and time worthy arms from China, which exports arms to many countries.”
The BNP chief voiced concern over the defence MoUs signed with India saying the Prime Minister has made Bangladesh part of Indi’s military plan through it.
Khaleda said the government has signed defence MoUs ignoring public opinion and the oppositions by the political parties. “We’re worried like people that there could be a long-term negative impact on it.
Replying to a question, she said her party will review all the anti-state deals and MoUs if it is voted to power.
The BNP chief claimed that her party never used the armed forces to make political gains, but Awami League did it repeatedly. “They (AL) had mandatorily included the armed forces members in the only political party Baksal (in 1975). They’d also openly supported military took over led by General Ershad, Moyeen and Nasim.”
She also claimed that it was BNP founder Ziaur Rahman who ensured the armed forces’ dignity and gave it an institutional shape.
Khaleda said her party has no rivalry with India as it always remembers with gratitude the assistance of the neighbouring country to liberate the Bangladesh in 1971.
She said her party wants to cooperate with India for the development of the two countries and resolve all the outstanding problems through discussions. “We want to live in peace alongside the people of India maintaining mutual assistance.”
Khaleda, however, said the people of Bangladesh are annoyed with India due to its previous government’s unilateral role in disturbing democracy here.
“We hope the current Indian government will show respect for the sentiment of Bangladesh’s democracy-loving people coming out of the mistake of the previous government,” she added.
Earlier on Wednesday evening, BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia sat in a meeting with top leaders of the 20-party alliance and discussed the Prime Minister’s India visit and worked out the alliance’s next course of action.
The two-hour meeting that began at 7pm was held at the BNP chief’s Gulshan office.
On Monday night, Khaleda had a meeting with the BNP standing committee members, and mainly discussed the deals Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina signed with India on Saturday.

The loans are not any favor but rather unwanted burdens, the strings attached with them make them unusable. In fact, most the Indian loans to Bangladesh have remain unutilized so far. Nobody wants money from India rather we want the resolution of bilateral disputes.

Can you show any evidence for your claim that there are strings attached to Indian loans? And if so, how are these any different from Chinese loans where money is given for projects executed by Chinese companies using Chinese raw materials? Do you have any idea as to how CPEC is developing?

It seems there is a huge disinformation industry in BD specifically targeted against India. Quite disturbing I must say.

Those millions of our people in India are imaginary allegations by your govt. Our govt have always denied that so surely this is not a favor at all rather a defamation of our country by your govt. On the other hand there are millions of Indians working in Bangladesh and remitting back billions of dollars back to India. So here as well, we are doing a favor to you.

You clearly live in fairy land. If you go to any Indian city you will see Bangladeshis crawling all over the place. I would know, being a Bengali I can make out the dialect.

The Indian government estimates upto 20 million Bangladeshis living in India, and even conservative estimates put the number at 15 million:

An analysis of population growth and demographic statistics for Bangladesh and India in the last four censuses of 2011, 2001, 1991, and 1981, however, suggests with reasonable certainty that their number exceeds 15 million.

http://carnegieindia.org/2016/06/29...india-toward-comprehensive-solution-pub-63931

But the sad part is that in your zeal to confront me, you are actually denying the existence of millions of your fellow countrymen. You do not even care whether they exist or not, depending on your convenience for the moment. With such an attitude, how can you be deluded that you have your own country's best interest in mind?

As for millions of Indians working in BD, well, I guess anything is possible.:lol::lol::lol:

As I said, as long as Bay of Bengal remains heavily militarized, we will keep modernizing our military and consequently, our defence ties with China will keep getting strengthened. Take out all your military bases and we won't militarize as well, thus there will be no China (at least in the Naval sector).

Any Indian militarization in Bay of Bengal has nothing to do with BD, it is squarely aimed at China. India has no dispute with BD that would require any military action. If you cannot understand that simple thing then no point continuing along this line.

Wahhhhh
Means if there is settlement of water issue with China on brahmaputra then India will stop flirting with US...:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

20 year old virgin boys should be studying on Sunday and not commenting on PDF. Now do your homework.

Well what I can say is...if China is interested then BD and China cooperation will only increase. I don't think it has anything to do with Teesta. As we can see Mr. Modi is open to Teesta deal despite Bangladesh buying Chinese subs. Mr. Modi is a capable administrator and understands situation better than people here I'd say. Maybe you guys should ask China to stop all kind of cooperation with BD. If you manage to put enough pressure then who knows...it might work.

Anyway have a good day mister. No point continuing this argument.

Yes we should end this argument as we understand each other's position quite well by now. Just one last point as clarification. It is wrong to say that India or any Indian has a problem with BD engagement with China. The issue is only about military and strategic engagement. Unless you understand this vital distinction you will keep looking at our position with distrust.

Have a good Sunday.

You think you have leverage using Teesta. You don't. We've seen a lot worse. It was nice to have but not at this price.
I wouldn't say India has done nothing for BD. Right now we are providing a $2 billion aid package for infrastructure development. And who knows how much more in other areas I don't keep track of. And don't forget the millions of Bangladeshis who live and work in India. That is not "nothing".[/QUOTE]

Every aid package India provides has strings attached. It's not worth it.

We have seen this before. Nothing new....

Your unhappiness is irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

Luckily for us, BD foreign policy is not run by lunatics who want to pick fights with a much larger neighbor that virtually surrounds it and where 10% of the population lives and works.

Our displeasure is not relevant right because we are yet to show it. And the mere fact that you bait Indians on PDF constantly shows what regard you have for your fellow citizens. Any Indian reading your posts will form an instant dislike for Bangladeshis if he wishes to see you as a general specimen. This will harden public opinion against Bangladeshis living in India and bring them misfortune.

But I am sure that your India-bashing is more important than their fate.

View attachment 390866

View attachment 390867

View attachment 390870

Bangladesh enters into India’s military plan: Khaleda

Special Correspondent

met02.jpg
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday claimed that her party, when it was in power, signed a defence agreement with China as per the demand of the country’s Armed Forces after discussions with them.
She came up with the remark at a press conference at her Gulshan office. The news conference was arranged to brief the media on the country’s latest political situation and the Prime Minister’s recent India tour.
As her attention was drawn to the Prime Minister’s comment that what is the problem with inking defence MoUs with India while the BNP-led government had signed a defence deal with China earlier, Khaleda said, “Why should we procure arms from a country (India) which import arms from other countries. They (India) can’t produce high quality and sophisticated arms.”
Khaleda further said, “We’d inked a deal with China as our armed forces are used to use Chinese arms. Before signing the MoU, we’d talked to the armed forces and taken their opinions that whether the agreement should be signed it and what kind of arms should be procured.”
She also said her government did not import any outdated arms from China. “We procured all modern and time worthy arms from China, which exports arms to many countries.”
The BNP chief voiced concern over the defence MoUs signed with India saying the Prime Minister has made Bangladesh part of Indi’s military plan through it.
Khaleda said the government has signed defence MoUs ignoring public opinion and the oppositions by the political parties. “We’re worried like people that there could be a long-term negative impact on it.
Replying to a question, she said her party will review all the anti-state deals and MoUs if it is voted to power.
The BNP chief claimed that her party never used the armed forces to make political gains, but Awami League did it repeatedly. “They (AL) had mandatorily included the armed forces members in the only political party Baksal (in 1975). They’d also openly supported military took over led by General Ershad, Moyeen and Nasim.”
She also claimed that it was BNP founder Ziaur Rahman who ensured the armed forces’ dignity and gave it an institutional shape.
Khaleda said her party has no rivalry with India as it always remembers with gratitude the assistance of the neighbouring country to liberate the Bangladesh in 1971.
She said her party wants to cooperate with India for the development of the two countries and resolve all the outstanding problems through discussions. “We want to live in peace alongside the people of India maintaining mutual assistance.”
Khaleda, however, said the people of Bangladesh are annoyed with India due to its previous government’s unilateral role in disturbing democracy here.
“We hope the current Indian government will show respect for the sentiment of Bangladesh’s democracy-loving people coming out of the mistake of the previous government,” she added.
Earlier on Wednesday evening, BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia sat in a meeting with top leaders of the 20-party alliance and discussed the Prime Minister’s India visit and worked out the alliance’s next course of action.
The two-hour meeting that began at 7pm was held at the BNP chief’s Gulshan office.
On Monday night, Khaleda had a meeting with the BNP standing committee members, and mainly discussed the deals Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina signed with India on Saturday.

It seems that you take her as a qualified leader. The BAL regime will remain in power as long as Khaleda and her son are the leaders of the opposition. Yes, it's true that she's well mannered but that's about the only qualification she has. The rest are propaganda of people who use her as a ladder.

As for me. that's not really applicable, as I remain far far away from any kind of political activities . However, the majority of our citizens do believe and have faith on her. Personally, I admire all patriotic leaders that Bangladesh witnessed, i.e. Poet Nazrul,Sher E Bangla Fazlul Haque, Moulana Bhashani, Shaheed Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Shaheed General Ziaur Rahman. After witnessing such patriotism,courage,etc,we have not seen any such visionary Leaders till date.
We are eagerly waiting for the emergence of another great leader, probably from our next generations,as our generation has miserably failed to fulfill our cherished National goals and aspirations. May Almighty grace our Nation, with such an able Leadership, a prime requirement for the present time.

beef.jpg

IF WITHIN 20 YEARS MONGOL SHOBHA JATRA ,BECOMES A PART OF OUR CULTURE, IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY RELIGION. WHY THEN EATING BEEF FOR OVER THOUSANDS OF YEARS CANNOT BE PART OF OUR DIETARY CULTURE?

Luckily for us, BD foreign policy is not run by lunatics who want to pick fights with a much larger neighbor that virtually surrounds it and where 10% of the population lives and works.

BD Foreign policy is way too 'deferance-minded' toward India at present. Accusing us of lunacy is amusing when Indian Govt. has already been twisting our collective arms in Bangladesh to India's benefit for the last four decades.

It's always been a one-way street (whether in trade, politics, diplomacy) where India wins and we lose. At some point smaller countries like Bangladesh decide not to lie down and take it anymore. This story of bad political relationship and forced regime change/destabilization has been repeated for every single neighbor of India for the last forty years, viz., Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Pakistan and even innocuous, well-behaved Bangladesh......

Our displeasure is not relevant right because we are yet to show it. And the mere fact that you bait Indians on PDF constantly shows what regard you have for your fellow citizens.
Are we supposed to wet our collective pants anticipating the 'damage' India will do? :-)

I honestly don't think that there are a lot of options left to do any further damage. No really - I am curious how India as a country would show us her 'displeasure'......

And please don't accuse me or any other Bangladeshi PDF member of 'baiting' any Indian without basis. It's Indians (mostly trolls) who come to the Bangladeshi sections to bait us, typically. How many Bangladeshi members have gone to the Indian threads to cause trouble? Clearly you don't visit here often.

Any Indian reading your posts will form an instant dislike for Bangladeshis if he wishes to see you as a general specimen. This will harden public opinion against Bangladeshis living in India and bring them misfortune.

I hope Indians are not as dense as you describe them to be. Like or dislike on PDF (and in real life) are two different things.

I myself have no desire to falsely pander to Indians (or any other nationality for that matter) to beg for their goodwill on PDF (or in real life). You can't force people to give you respect. If Indians develop a dislike for us - that is their decision, and they are free to do so. There is no love lost on either side.

But I am sure that your India-bashing is more important than their fate.

Again - I am not an India-basher. It's mutual respect. You treat me with respect - I will return the favor. There are plenty of Indians I have treated with respect. They all know who they are.

As for me. that's not really applicable, as I remain far far away from any kind of political activities . However, the majority of our citizens do believe and have faith on her. Personally, I admire all patriotic leaders that Bangladesh witnessed, i.e. Poet Nazrul,Sher E Bangla Fazlul Haque, Moulana Bhashani, Shaheed Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Shaheed General Ziaur Rahman. After witnessing such patriotism,courage,etc,we have not seen any such visionary Leaders till date.
We are eagerly waiting for the emergence of another great leader, probably from our next generations,as our generation has miserably failed to fulfill our cherished National goals and aspirations. May Almighty grace our Nation, with such an able Leadership, a prime requirement for the present time.

There are always people with leadership qualities around us but the corrupt politicians keep them away from public eyes. Apart from that people have to come out of their little well and be ready to accept reality. If people choose to remain in their little well they will never be able to pick out true leaders from the mass. Just because Zia was visionary does not mean that his widow and son also have the same quality but this is not how most BNP supporters think. We see the same picture in BAL too. So, in the end our people have a problem, they cannot think beyond these two dynasties and as long as this trend continues don't expect visionary leaders in BD. There's one guy in BNP who can truly lead BNP the way it should be but take my word for it not a single BNP supporter will ever rate him above Khaleda. Hence, Khaleda and her son are the greatest assets of BAL because they prevent worthy leaders from appearing from the opposition camp.

Last edited:
There are always people with leadership qualities around us but the corrupt politicians keep them away from public eyes. Apart from that people have to come out of their little well and be ready to accept reality. If people choose to remain in their little well they will never be able to pick out true leaders from the mass. Just because Zia was visionary does not meant that his widow or son also have the same quality but this is not how most BNP supporters think. We see the same picture in BAL too. So, in the end our people have a problem, they cannot think beyond these two dynasties and as long as this trend continues don't expect visionary leaders in BD. There's one guy in BNP who can truly lead BNP the way it should be but take my word for it not a single BNP supporter will ever rate him above Khaleda. Hence, Khaleda and her son are the greatest assets of BAL because they prevent worthy leaders from appearing from the opposition camp.

Salaam brother, I completely agree with your aforementioned statement. Thanks. Salaam.

Hahahahaahahahaha.... jawab nahi mila koi aur..:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Yesss...Now I have to respond to trolling by 20 year old virgin boys. That would be a bigger joke.

BD Foreign policy is way too 'deferance-minded' toward India at present. Accusing us of lunacy is amusing when Indian Govt. has already been twisting our collective arms in Bangladesh to India's benefit for the last four decades.

It's always been a one-way street (whether in trade, politics, diplomacy) where India wins and we lose. At some point smaller countries like Bangladesh decide not to lie down and take it anymore. This story of bad political relationship and forced regime change/destabilization has been repeated for every single neighbor of India for the last forty years, viz., Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Pakistan and even innocuous, well-behaved Bangladesh......

Are we supposed to wet our collective pants anticipating the 'damage' India will do? :-)

I honestly don't think that there are a lot of options left to do any further damage. No really - I am curious how India as a country would show us her 'displeasure'......

And please don't accuse me or any other Bangladeshi PDF member of 'baiting' any Indian without basis. It's Indians (mostly trolls) who come to the Bangladeshi sections to bait us, typically. How many Bangladeshi members have gone to the Indian threads to cause trouble? Clearly you don't visit here often.

I hope Indians are not as dense as you describe them to be. Like or dislike on PDF (and in real life) are two different things.

I myself have no desire to falsely pander to Indians (or any other nationality for that matter) to beg for their goodwill on PDF (or in real life). You can't force people to give you respect. If Indians develop a dislike for us - that is their decision, and they are free to do so. There is no love lost on either side.

Again - I am not an India-basher. It's mutual respect. You treat me with respect - I will return the favor. There are plenty of Indians I have treated with respect. They all know who they are.

Nothing you said answers the simple question I posed - there are millions of Bangladeshis in India who depend on Indian goodwill, and how are you helping them by putting your need for antagonizing Indians before their well-being?

You do so because you don't care about them. And a person who doesn't care about good relations and leaving a good impression on people who can directly affect life for millions of his fellow countrymen cannot pretend as if he cares about his country.

All you care about is your jingoism and anti-India stance. This is the image that many Indians are slowly forming about Bangladeshis - that they hate India. And regardless of the fact that you are just a vocal minority, you shape your country's image in India. Congratulations for making life difficult for the millions who work here.

Yesss...Now I have to respond to trolling by 20 year old virgin boys. That would be a bigger joke.

Nothing you said answers the simple question I posed - there are millions of Bangladeshis in India who depend on Indian goodwill, and how are you helping them by putting your need for antagonizing Indians before their well-being?

You do so because you don't care about them. And a person who doesn't care about good relations and leaving a good impression on people who can directly affect life for millions of his fellow countrymen cannot pretend as if he cares about his country.

All you care about is your jingoism and anti-India stance. This is the image that many Indians are slowly forming about Bangladeshis - that they hate India. And regardless of the fact that you are just a vocal minority, you shape your country's image in India. Congratulations for making life difficult for the millions who work here.

I'm getting a bit tired of discussing this in circular fashion with you - others have already responded to your argument and moved on....

Unless you haven't noticed - poor people in the subcontinent are mobile, they move around. They will go where the most unskilled jobs are - in larger cities. Whether these people (who you _claim_ as Bangladeshi) are from Bangladesh-bordering areas in India or from Bangladesh itself (which I really doubt, as India is no land of milk and honey per Indians themselves), these people are simply trying to find a better livelihood.

What is amazing to me is that no one is irked by the presence of these illegal subsistence-wage Indian people in Bangladesh (illegal garment-workers by the tens of thousands) while some Indians are highly vocal about supposed illegal Bangladeshis. I have commented before that these 'illegal Bangladeshi concerns' are more a reflection of communal hatred issues in India rather than actual issues affecting the Indian economy.

What (if any) wage competition are these people offering you (a supposed middle class person), given that these are Rickshaw pullers, bais and vegetable-sellers and slum-dwellers?

How can one be jealous or annoyed by these destitute people unless one is severely narrow-minded to start with?

And why would it be even a subject of pointless discussion outside of an RSS shakha?

@Philia has already explained that illegal Indian workers are remitting far more from Bangladesh to India yearly (some $4~5 Billion annually) in garments wages than these supposed Bangladeshis ever could in a hypothetical scenario.

So finally - I don't care. Third world countries like yours and ours will always have migrant populations which some people somehow have a hard time fathoming. And then some countries try to stem the flow by putting in silly walls and fences. It doesn't work...

If you don't mind, consider this my last response to you. I don't want to waste further electrons in discussing this.....

It never depends on age... I just fitted the reverse word in your sentence what you quoted earlier.. and now you don't have any answer.... so before quoting anything just see your image in mirror..
Budape mein demag sethiya jata hai.. :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

I'm getting a bit tired of discussing this in circular fashion with you - others have already responded to your argument and moved on....

Unless you haven't noticed - poor people in the subcontinent are mobile, they move around. They will go where the most unskilled jobs are - in larger cities. Whether these people (who you _claim_ as Bangladeshi) are from Bangladesh-bordering areas in India or from Bangladesh itself (which I really doubt, as India is no land of milk and honey per Indians themselves), these people are simply trying to find a better livelihood.

What is amazing to me is that no one is irked by the presence of these illegal subsistence-wage Indian people in Bangladesh (illegal garment-workers by the tens of thousands) while some Indians are highly vocal about supposed illegal Bangladeshis. I have commented before that these 'illegal Bangladeshi concerns' are more a reflection of communal hatred issues in India rather than actual issues affecting the Indian economy.

What (if any) wage competition are these people offering you (a supposed middle class person), given that these are Rickshaw pullers, bais and vegetable-sellers and slum-dwellers?

How can one be jealous or annoyed by these destitute people unless one is severely narrow-minded to start with?

And why would it be even a subject of pointless discussion outside of an RSS shakha?

@Philia has already explained that illegal Indian workers are remitting far more from Bangladesh to India yearly (some $4~5 Billion annually) in garments wages than these supposed Bangladeshis ever could in a hypothetical scenario.

So finally - I don't care. Third world countries like yours and ours will always have migrant populations which some people somehow have a hard time fathoming. And then some countries try to stem the flow by putting in silly walls and fences. It doesn't work...

If you don't mind, consider this my last response to you. I don't want to waste further electrons in discussing this.....

why getting tired of your (others like you) indian friends?? Awami league gave everything to india using "india is friend" excuse without considering national interest. When people like us spoken against that we were labeled as many things including RAW agent. Now indians got almost everything they needed without giving anything ant even our legal rightful share of water. With their "benya" mentality, why india would give anything because they have nothing much to gain. This is the situation created by awami mir jafars and there is no tell where will it end. Circular logic by indians, you are getting irritated about is least bit of it.

It never depends on age... I just fitted the reverse word in your sentence what you quoted earlier.. and now you don't have any answer.... so before quoting anything just see your image in mirror..
Budape mein demag sethiya jata hai.. :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Whatever stupidity you wrote must make eminent sense to you. It makes none to me. Now get lost virgin boy. You are not wanted here.

So Bangladeshis working in India is an issue of religious tolerance, and mindless hatred towards India is not?

Yes, we are done on this thread. Goodbye.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom