What's new

Mamata suggests Dhaka to forget Teesta water

Mamataji leads a dogmatic lifestyle- she shoots from her asshole sometimes. Pray a new party comes to power in
West Bengal

Why you guys always quote Indian source? why not independent source (this is off topic question)

Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it false.
Here's your "independent source".

The transboundary basin of the Teesta River covers 12,159 square kilometers of which 10,155 square kilometers is in India and 2,004 square kilometers is in Bangladesh.
http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/i...yAnalysisoftheTeestaRiverBasin.March20131.pdf

Or better yet, here's a Pakistani source.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1324881

Why you guys always quote Indian source? why not independent source (this is off topic question)

What ever, it is not India business to discuss BD internal matters and use it for her benefits. Focus on India Bangladesh issues.

We are discussing indo-Bangla issues here sunshine.

This kind of cooperation will continue and even increase in the future. These may not be welcome moves to you but that's your problem. Without Teesta deal our relation will eventually turn unfriendly. And when it does and if we have a bigger economy and a stronger military then, we will be in a position to stop the transits to your NE and isolate that place. We can also fuel insurgencies there. India already have enough unfriendly neighbours I thought. But if they want another one, they will get it. We want friendly relation with every nation. But it cannot be this one sided.

Very well. It was an interesting excercise in negotiations! So we have a stalemate. We would want you not to have military engagement with China, and you think these will continue. There will be no Teesta agreement if that is the position. Hopefully, however, it will not come to that because Sheikh Hasina is a friend of India and a brave leader who understands regional dynamics better than most.

Thanks, you have pretty much clarified it. From now on, I think our govt. should revisit the policies of providing transit facilities and dealing with the Northeast insurgency issues, since these have been pretty much a one-sided trade where only Bangladesh has favored India but got nothing in return. In fact, from now on we should first ask for the implementation of our demands before giving any freebies to India. Let you deal with your issues and let us deal with ours.

And yes, under these circumstances, China is the way to go for us. Call it blackmail or anything, we are not getting anything from India anyway.

And obviously, our military will keep being modernized as per our needs

I wouldn't say India has done nothing for BD. Right now we are providing a $2 billion aid package for infrastructure development. And who knows how much more in other areas I don't keep track of. And don't forget the millions of Bangladeshis who live and work in India. That is not "nothing".

Having said that, a this is no reason for Bangladesh not to have economic engagement with China. That is obviously your own business and need. However, defence ties have a spillover effect you cannot deny, and if yours continue with China then it will strain relations between us.

Ha ha ha :lol:

I think we have talibans, pseudo-talibans and talibans of all stripes well-covered. It may alarm people in other countries - but not here. We gave a lot of blood to preserve our language - and compared to that, dealing with extremists is chump change.

Ours is a very active country when it comes to dealing with extremists. We don't take three days to plan and deal with them. They are dealt with quickly as our para-commando forces are ready-to-go within hours with pre-tested and practiced contingency plans. Other military members here will know more about our three or more levels of paramilitary organizations who deal with terrorists/extremists. And we have more experience in this area too - so far.

And talking about proxy-wars, it can be fought on both sides as far as destabilization. Payback is a witch. Politicos in your country know well how pointless it is.

Not really. In fact so fragile is Bangladesh's ability to deal with major threats that until the Gulshan attack in July last year, the government was in denial about ISIS radicalization in the country. Thankfully Jamaat has low support otherwise the government will crumble very quickly.

All of this does not make me happy at all. I seem more concerned than you about your own country. But then chauvinist nationalists are usually a country's worst enemies.

Very well. It was an interesting excercise in negotiations! So we have a stalemate. We would want you not to have military engagement with China, and you think these will continue. There will be no Teesta agreement if that is the position. Hopefully, however, it will not come to that because Sheikh Hasina is a friend of India and a brave leader who understands regional dynamics better than most.

So what you want them to buy indian made weapons like tejas,arjun. not to be rude but india cant provide good equipment for their own military but India can provide frigates and submarines they produce good equipment in the field of naval equipment. but i belive any deal with india wont be viable to their military procurement policy they end to buy weapons which are a bang for the bucks such as Chinese equipment cheap but effective. whereas indian weaponry might be a little expensive. regarding russian equipment they are really expensive and with no credit options they might not procure them in large numbers now the thing is can any country provide good weapons but cheap to procure and with a credit line. india will not be able to provide good weaponry except naval while russia has good weaponry but is expensive and has no credit line. i think that the BD military will not change its procurement policy in such an event.

I wouldn't say India has done nothing for BD. Right now we are providing a $2 billion aid package for infrastructure development. And who knows how much more in other areas I don't keep track of. And don't forget the millions of Bangladeshis who live and work in India. That is not "nothing".

Having said that, a this is no reason for Bangladesh not to have economic engagement with China. That is obviously your own business and need. However, defence ties have a spillover effect you cannot deny, and if yours continue with China then it will strain relations between us.

Not really. In fact so fragile is Bangladesh's ability to deal with major threats that until the Gulshan attack in July last year, the government was in denial about ISIS radicalization in the country. Thankfully Jamaat has low support otherwise the government will crumble very quickly.

All of this does not make me happy at all. I seem more concerned than you about your own country. But then chauvinist nationalists are usually a country's worst enemies.

The loans are not any favor but rather unwanted burdens, the strings attached with them make them unusable. In fact, most the Indian loans to Bangladesh have remain unutilized so far. Nobody wants money from India rather we want the resolution of bilateral disputes.

Those millions of our people in India are imaginary allegations by your govt. Our govt have always denied that so surely this is not a favor at all rather a defamation of our country by your govt. On the other hand there are millions of Indians working in Bangladesh and remitting back billions of dollars back to India. So here as well, we are doing a favor to you.

As I said, as long as Bay of Bengal remains heavily militarized, we will keep modernizing our military and consequently, our defence ties with China will keep getting strengthened. Take out all your military bases and we won't militarize as well, thus there will be no China (at least in the Naval sector).

Well, teesta water sharing dispute may not going to be solved soon, or not going to be solved at all!

So, we better start thinking different methods to solve our fresh water crisis...

So what you want them to buy indian made weapons like tejas,arjun. not to be rude but india cant provide good equipment for their own military but India can provide frigates and submarines they produce good equipment in the field of naval equipment. but i belive any deal with india wont be viable to their military procurement policy they end to buy weapons which are a bang for the bucks such as Chinese equipment cheap but effective. whereas indian weaponry might be a little expensive. regarding russian equipment they are really expensive and with no credit options they might not procure them in large numbers now the thing is can any country provide good weapons but cheap to procure and with a credit line. india will not be able to provide good weaponry except naval while russia has good weaponry but is expensive and has no credit line. i think that the BD military will not change its procurement policy in such an event.

In that case BD should urgently sign the defence treaty with India and continue on its current trajectory with Myanmar. There is no need for such furious militarization. Who does BD feel threat perception from?

Okay let us assume for a minute that the Teesta issue is settled to the satisfaction of Bangladesh. What happens then? Will BD stop flirting with China?

I ask this because I genuinely do not understand whether Bangladesh is taking care of its interests through increasing ties with China or just sending a message?
Wahhhhh
Means if there is settlement of water issue with China on brahmaputra then India will stop flirting with US...:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it false.
Here's your "independent source".

The transboundary basin of the Teesta River covers 12,159 square kilometers of which 10,155 square kilometers is in India and 2,004 square kilometers is in Bangladesh.
http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/i...yAnalysisoftheTeestaRiverBasin.March20131.pdf

Or better yet, here's a Pakistani source.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1324881
Bro my question was simple and when you try to quote someone and you have dispute with him then commonsense suggest to use independent source and it become very handy tool to make someone believe, but normally Indian use Indian source only which is not good practice and it will become flammable statement and nothing else

You are generously explaining while it's not needed. Half of people here are false flagger and other half Jamatis.

Majority of Bangladeshi people are minority of minority here.

No ... the proportion of all kinds of Bangladeshis here represents all most the same proportion that you will find across BD...

PDF is old now and all kinds of Bangladeshis know about this forum and are given the equal right to express...

by the way, how would India solve this issue if both BD and West Bengal were two Indian states...and the dispute was inter-state..

No ... the proportion of all kinds of Bangladeshis here represents all most the same proportion that you will find across BD...

PDF is old now and all kinds of Bangladeshis know about this forum and are given the equal right to express...

by the way, how would India solve this issue if both BD and West Bengal were two Indian states...and the dispute was inter-state..
That's your perception and i am free to make my own as per my knowledge due to meeting Bangladeshi people.

It will be as struggled as Haryana & Punjab water sharing or others like-

S.No Name of Tribunal States concerned Date of constitution Present Status
1. Godavari Water Disputes Tribunal Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh & Odisha April, 1969 Award given on July, 1980
2. Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal -I Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, April, 1969 Award given on May, 1976
3. Narmada Water Disputes Tribunal Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra October, 1969 Award given on December, 1979
4. Ravi & Beas Water Tribunal Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan April, 1986 Report and decision given in April, 1987. Clarification / explanation sought from the Tribunal by the party States. Also, a Presidential Reference in the matter is before Supreme Court and as such the matter is sub-judice.
5. Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Puduchery June, 1990 Report and decision given on 5.2.2007. A Special Leave Petition (SLP) filed by party States in Hon’ble Supreme Court, as such the matter is sub-judice.
6. Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal -II Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra April, 2004 Report and decision given on 30.12. 2010. However, as per Supreme Court Order dated 16.9.2011, till further order, decision taken by the Tribunal on references filed by States and Central Government shall not be published in the official Gazette. As such, matter is sub-judice. Term of the Tribunal has been extended for a further period of two years w.e.f. 1st August, 2014 to address the terms of reference as contained in section 89 of Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014. The term of KWDT-II has further extended for period of one year w.e.f. 1st August, 2016. The matter is under adjudication in the Tribunal. The Government of Telangana has filed a SLP 33623-26 of 2014 and WP(C) 545 of 2015 in the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the matter. The matter is sub-judice.
7. Vansadhara Water Disputes Tribunal Andhra Pradesh &Odisha February, 2010 Report and decision not given by the Tribunal. State of Odisha has filed an SLP in Supreme Court against the appointment of one of the Members of the Tribunal. The SLP in the matter filed by the State of Odisha in the Supreme Court is pending. The matter is sub-judice. Besides, Vansadhara Water Disputes Tribunal in its Order dated 17.12.2013 has directed to constitute a 3-member Protem Supervisory Flow Management and Regulation Committee on River Vansadhara to implement its Order. State Govt. of Odisha has filed Special Leave to Appeal (Civil) No.3392 of 2014 with regard to the Vansadhara Water Disputes Tribunal Judgement dated 17.12.2013. The matter is sub-judice.
8. Mahadayi Water Disputes Tribunal Goa, Karnataka and Maharashtra November, 2010 Report and Decision not given by the Tribunal.

Water is sacred resource and whole Kashmir drama is about water rest is mumbo jumbo so you can imagine the severity of the situation.

Well what I can say is...if China is interested then BD and China cooperation will only increase. I don't think it has anything to do with Teesta. As we can see Mr. Modi is open to Teesta deal despite Bangladesh buying Chinese subs. Mr. Modi is a capable administrator and understands situation better than people here I'd say. Maybe you guys should ask China to stop all kind of cooperation with BD. If you manage to put enough pressure then who knows...it might work.

Anyway have a good day mister. No point continuing this argument.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom