What's new

Malik Riaz: Ring leader of property Mafia

The Malik Riaz Effect | The Last Blog
Mr. Malik Riaz is all set to lay the foundations of the famous Bahria Town in Karachi, AKA Sindh.
2. He has also announced to take the project into cities like Nawabshah and Larkana.
On a very general note, we are a nation divided. We support the Taliban, and we want to bomb them, we want to hang Mushrraf while making him the president, we want to open up a bar next to a mosque, and the division deepens...
But thanks to Malik Riaz, there is only one place where we stand united, Bahria Town. The magnitude of corruption, forgery, deceit and bribery is so lustrous that every one sitting in the parliament, and out of it, becomes the part of this project.
Media doesn’t speak about the malpractices and sheer robbery of Bahria Town , our beloved Iqrar ul Hassan and his carbon copies in other channels go live on poor prostitutes earning and honest bread but they lack the courage to visit the booking office of Bahria Town. Not a single word is said or written, not a single action is questioned. As if it is divine, the housing Project of GOD..
Politicians don’t speak, so do the political parties, they have kept nothing but silence on this circus that visits different cities of Pakistan like dacoits robbing banks. In fact all the big political parties use Mr. Riaz as their front man as if he is saint de “Pak Saaf”.
Army can’t say anything because they not only get jobs after retirement but also cheap plots that are sold expensively to civilians.
This time around Malik Sab has set his eyes on Karachi and I am sure no one would be able to save the people of Karachi, even the major stake holder, MQM.
So how does Malik Sab and his company work, what is the modus operandi.?
Before I start, there is unsaid rule, one rule that we need to understand about the Real Estate business in Karachi.
Rule no 1: Any piece of real estate, with value of 10 rupees, if purchased in 20 rupees, would be then sold in above twenty and no less, until the owners wants to sell it cheap. The price of real estate never goes down in Karachi, it always goes up.
So Bahria Town Karachi is launched in Karachi and forms were available in 15000.
Since people of Karachi has a tradition of investing in Real Estate, and thanks to the last government, people of sindh have a lot of black money to invest. So 15000 rupees is nothing to worry about.
Capitalizing on its manipulated credentials, Bahria Town managed to sell somewhere around 3,00,000 three hundred thousand forms.
No one knew where and when would Bahria Town would be created, all people knew was it was a good investment opportunity.
Like electing corrupt politicians to power, it has almost become a custom that people of Pakistan specially Karachi, are the most easy prey for a general hustle. It is the greed that leads us to put our money at stake.
Anyways, without seeing or knowing we gave MR. Malik Riaz 4.5 billion rupees, all in the form of forms.

Now the real game begins.
It is a process that would transform a 15000 rupees form into a million rupee gold coin.
So after selling 3 hundred thousand forms, Bahria Town does the first trick, they announce a minimum 125 thousand waiver on the land to everyone.
This means that the file that you purchased for 15000 has now a worth of one hundered and twenty five thousand plus the original cost of 15000, that would turn it into 140,000.
A simple manipulation multiplied the actual cost of the file to ten fold.
One thing to note is up till now Bahria town is just collecting money without spending a dime, no land is being purchased or shown to the buyer and the only cost is the printing of the form, with it the collection amounts to 4.5 billion, giving Malik Raiz enough money to buy land anywhere in the world for free.
Now for the Malik Riaz effect, Bahria Town hires 7 top real estate brokers of the city, These brokers are given a task to purchase file from those who bought it for 15000.
But now since the transect value of the file has become 140,000- so Bahria town asks them not to purchase any file in less than 150,000.
A question that can be asked here is why the brokers would purchase the file, answer is very simple. The 7 brokers in Karachi are given billions of rupees to purchase the files. You can see the ads in every newspaper by different brokers.
So why would Bharia Town wants to purchase its file that it sold for 15000 rupees, let me make it clear in pointers.

1. Files were purchased back in 150,000, to 300,000, bringing the cost of the file at this level.2.
3. Fake demand was created and this market manipulation changed the basic price of the file.
4. For most people, a profit of 200,000 on 15000 is more than a bribe to sell the file.
6. Now the ads are published in newspapers giving 300,000- for the file.
8. From here, it is understood that file won’t be sold less than 300,000.
10. In the Next Phase Bharia town contacts investors to purchase the file for half a million.
12. Purchasing only 25 % of the file would create a demand for the file and the price would go beyond half a million.
14. This becomes a good investment opportunity and after the announcement of the location of the project, people would happily purchase a file of let’s say 600,000 in 7 or 800,000.
So without even launching the project, without showing people what are they buying, without investing a dime, Bharia town has managed to create fake demand of a piece of paper, it has made the worth of a paper purchased in 15,000 rupees into 0.7million. It has created a gambling bazzar and I am sure this all money flowing from left to right and vice versa is paying no charge for the flow.
Now it is up to the leaders of Karachi, the political parties and their heads, can they for once stand up for the money their loyal subjects are investing in this project? Can they stand up against this market manipulation and black economy that is sucking the blood of the people of Karachi, I am sure they won’t mind because in the words of Mr. Malik Riaz “Mai File ke paeyeh laga dayta hoon”
PS: Malik Sab , our blog is for sale as well , we are cheap and would settle only on 1 double story bahria homes

Where are you getting this information from? Make sure you provide the link to your sources.

I don't know he will be able to provide any link, but Malik Riaz played same game in all his projects, so nothing new here.

The Malik Riaz Effect | The Last Blog
Mr. Malik Riaz is all set to lay the foundations of the famous Bahria Town in Karachi, AKA Sindh.
2. He has also announced to take the project into cities like Nawabshah and Larkana.
On a very general note, we are a nation divided. We support the Taliban, and we want to bomb them, we want to hang Mushrraf while making him the president, we want to open up a bar next to a mosque, and the division deepens...
But thanks to Malik Riaz, there is only one place where we stand united, Bahria Town. The magnitude of corruption, forgery, deceit and bribery is so lustrous that every one sitting in the parliament, and out of it, becomes the part of this project.
Media doesn’t speak about the malpractices and sheer robbery of Bahria Town , our beloved Iqrar ul Hassan and his carbon copies in other channels go live on poor prostitutes earning and honest bread but they lack the courage to visit the booking office of Bahria Town. Not a single word is said or written, not a single action is questioned. As if it is divine, the housing Project of GOD..
Politicians don’t speak, so do the political parties, they have kept nothing but silence on this circus that visits different cities of Pakistan like dacoits robbing banks. In fact all the big political parties use Mr. Riaz as their front man as if he is saint de “Pak Saaf”.
Army can’t say anything because they not only get jobs after retirement but also cheap plots that are sold expensively to civilians.
This time around Malik Sab has set his eyes on Karachi and I am sure no one would be able to save the people of Karachi, even the major stake holder, MQM.
So how does Malik Sab and his company work, what is the modus operandi.?
Before I start, there is unsaid rule, one rule that we need to understand about the Real Estate business in Karachi.
Rule no 1: Any piece of real estate, with value of 10 rupees, if purchased in 20 rupees, would be then sold in above twenty and no less, until the owners wants to sell it cheap. The price of real estate never goes down in Karachi, it always goes up.
So Bahria Town Karachi is launched in Karachi and forms were available in 15000.
Since people of Karachi has a tradition of investing in Real Estate, and thanks to the last government, people of sindh have a lot of black money to invest. So 15000 rupees is nothing to worry about.
Capitalizing on its manipulated credentials, Bahria Town managed to sell somewhere around 3,00,000 three hundred thousand forms.
No one knew where and when would Bahria Town would be created, all people knew was it was a good investment opportunity.
Like electing corrupt politicians to power, it has almost become a custom that people of Pakistan specially Karachi, are the most easy prey for a general hustle. It is the greed that leads us to put our money at stake.
Anyways, without seeing or knowing we gave MR. Malik Riaz 4.5 billion rupees, all in the form of forms.

Now the real game begins.
It is a process that would transform a 15000 rupees form into a million rupee gold coin.
So after selling 3 hundred thousand forms, Bahria Town does the first trick, they announce a minimum 125 thousand waiver on the land to everyone.
This means that the file that you purchased for 15000 has now a worth of one hundered and twenty five thousand plus the original cost of 15000, that would turn it into 140,000.
A simple manipulation multiplied the actual cost of the file to ten fold.
One thing to note is up till now Bahria town is just collecting money without spending a dime, no land is being purchased or shown to the buyer and the only cost is the printing of the form, with it the collection amounts to 4.5 billion, giving Malik Raiz enough money to buy land anywhere in the world for free.
Now for the Malik Riaz effect, Bahria Town hires 7 top real estate brokers of the city, These brokers are given a task to purchase file from those who bought it for 15000.
But now since the transect value of the file has become 140,000- so Bahria town asks them not to purchase any file in less than 150,000.
A question that can be asked here is why the brokers would purchase the file, answer is very simple. The 7 brokers in Karachi are given billions of rupees to purchase the files. You can see the ads in every newspaper by different brokers.
So why would Bharia Town wants to purchase its file that it sold for 15000 rupees, let me make it clear in pointers.

1. Files were purchased back in 150,000, to 300,000, bringing the cost of the file at this level.2.
3. Fake demand was created and this market manipulation changed the basic price of the file.
4. For most people, a profit of 200,000 on 15000 is more than a bribe to sell the file.
6. Now the ads are published in newspapers giving 300,000- for the file.
8. From here, it is understood that file won’t be sold less than 300,000.
10. In the Next Phase Bharia town contacts investors to purchase the file for half a million.
12. Purchasing only 25 % of the file would create a demand for the file and the price would go beyond half a million.
14. This becomes a good investment opportunity and after the announcement of the location of the project, people would happily purchase a file of let’s say 600,000 in 7 or 800,000.
So without even launching the project, without showing people what are they buying, without investing a dime, Bharia town has managed to create fake demand of a piece of paper, it has made the worth of a paper purchased in 15,000 rupees into 0.7million. It has created a gambling bazzar and I am sure this all money flowing from left to right and vice versa is paying no charge for the flow.
Now it is up to the leaders of Karachi, the political parties and their heads, can they for once stand up for the money their loyal subjects are investing in this project? Can they stand up against this market manipulation and black economy that is sucking the blood of the people of Karachi, I am sure they won’t mind because in the words of Mr. Malik Riaz “Mai File ke paeyeh laga dayta hoon”
PS: Malik Sab , our blog is for sale as well , we are
cheap and would settle only on 1 double story bahria homes

Some of it makes sense. But the projects in Karachi have already been started and money has gone into it. I am talking about the two that I see nearly everyday. One by the mazaar which is a huge project and the other opposite avari which has its ground dug up to start construction. The rest of the "scheme" does sound credible as basic demand and supply is artificially created to pump up demand. Sort of like companies do marketing their products.

Karachi%20-%20Bahria%20Town%20Icon%20Tower%20-%20September%202011%20-%20Construction%20-%2002.jpg

Bahria Town Karachi - Icon, Looks like the old picture of the office under construction. But you are free to check it now and see the skeleton structure is nearly complete. I will try to take a picture if I remember passing by.

Now for the important question. Other than hyping and creating an artificial price for its product has malik riaz eaten up the investors money and run away from any project? Has any of his projects flopped and not been completed? If they have I am sure noone would stand in line for days to get that booking form. Thats the power of demand, people do not line up to throw money down the drain. Even if that demand is artificially created. The fraud could happen when thousands upon thousands of these projects have been started and malik riaz runs off with everyone's money. That is a possibility. But then some other builder would have taken malik riaz's place.

Found another picture which is kind of recent.

You can see the whole structure is pretty much done.

Last edited:
I think whether malik riaz or other builders should now invest into apartments/condominium rather than houses i read a report and Pakistan is left with less land for agri and will continue to compared to hindustan and other countries. I think people should now realize.

Last edited:
I think whether malik riaz or other builders should now invest into apartments/condominium rather than houses i read a report and Pakistan is left is less land for agri and will continue to compared to hindustan and other countries. I think people should now realize.
You won the show. This is what is happening in this country. A country which is self sufficient in its food requirement cannot be brought to knees through sanctions. It shows resilience to every depression and turmoil; even wars cannot knock it out. By converting agriculture land into real estate for stylish living can do this work. I vividly remember the time when getting out of Multan railway station would give you a view of lush green farms and today, for miles its an concrete jungle. Orchard owners are waiting for some developer to launch a scheme and by off their land for hefty amounts. Same has happened in the suburbs of Lahore. Harbanspura once considered a GAUN by residents of Lahore is all converted to plots and societies. Those developers who are marketing life style living are certainly accelerating the process of incapacitating this country.

You won the show. This is what is happening in this country. A country which is self sufficient in its food requirement cannot be brought to knees through sanctions. It shows resilience to every depression and turmoil; even wars cannot knock it out. By converting agriculture land into real estate for stylish living can do this work. I vividly remember the time when getting out of Multan railway station would give you a view of lush green farms and today, for miles its an concrete jungle. Orchard owners are waiting for some developer to launch a scheme and by off their land for hefty amounts. Same has happened in the suburbs of Lahore. Harbanspura once considered a GAUN by residents of Lahore is all converted to plots and societies. Those developers who are marketing life style living are certainly accelerating the process of incapacitating this country.

This is what happens when people have babies. Population dictates how and where people live. Some people make money and want to have the best they can afford. For themselves and their children. Then there is a market for people who want to buy houses and that is where the developers come in. All of this is the cycle of life. Now only if the law was more powerful that the developers and the population could we wish such so called "fraudulent" schemes to not raise their ugly head.

Becoming rich, and a clerk becoming a property tycoon has nothing to do with anything wrong, and should rather be admired, if it is done with hard work, and following laws of the country. However if he has engaged in any bad practices, all of us, especially the relevant law enforcing institutions are equally to blame. Still, he must have stimulated some economic activity by his huge projects which is good. If the land of some poor people that I probably expect might have been taken forcefully sometimes once in a while, is certainly very sad, and unjust and to blame on all of us.

Developing property is one of the most important business and it helps stimulate growth in almost every other sector of any country's economy. And making laws to make it easier for companies/rich people to invest in this business is very important, while at the same time taking care of the rights of those whose land is bought/acquired (sometimes forcefully and illegally) so that nobody could force/cheat anybody out of their property which is common in our country.

Bad laws and poor implementation of these laws is more to blame for such crimes because many of these tycoons might still have developed big projects, we just made it easy for them to engage in wrong practices many times by not applying the laws. Since we are a large country with a huge population, we really have to make a systematic study into how to encourage growth in housing and real estate development industry and make it as easy and give businessmen engaged in this profession all facilities and conveniences where they are rightfully due to make it easy for them to implement/carry out their projects, while simultaneously discouraging any practice that makes it easy for them to cheat/force people out of their properties.

Real estate development and related housing construction business, as I earlier said, has large number of associated industries whose growth dramatically increases with greater activity in this sector, and usually most of the downstream industries are dependent on indigenous materials and expertise directly benefitting the economy of our country. So it seems very important to find out ways to truly encourage this industry, possibly by giving some kind of breaks among other things, while making laws to protect the rights of landowners from whom land is acquired and those who are promised housing plots in these housing societies. There should be an oversight body that makes sure that different rules are followed and nobody could make promises of housing to people without reasonable progress on the development as confirmed by the oversight body ensuring that promises of new houses after some earnest/full money has been paid, are actually realized.

Just to recount to myself some of the major downstream industries after the people buy new houses and have incentive to spend (importance of this incentive to any economy cannot be more emphasized to stimulate business activity) to develop their homes something that come with new housing projects and many people do it just once in their lifetime, I came up with some of these: construction labour, road and infrastructure developmet, health and education services, cement and related construction materials, steel, furniture and other woodworks, sanitary, marble, other floorings and related industries, home electronics, and many others. And most of these industries depend on local expertise and most required materials are mostly locally maufactured.

I think whether malik riaz or other builders should now invest into apartments/condominium rather than houses i read a report and Pakistan is left with less land for agri and will continue to compared to hindustan and other countries. I think people should now realize.
@AhsanAmin An amicable solution is rightly stated in @Luftwaffe post.

I happened to visit one of the provinces in Canada that is a prairie province Saskatchewan, man it is a big province with low population yet they are developing more and more modern apartments/condos rather than and compared to big houses. It's not that people can't buy property they can on 20-25-30 years payment people can get it. What's amazing they produce more crops per year than normally in Pakistan despite cold weather and 3 months and alittle over good weather. There are two things either we need to implement best of the best agri systems to produce crops so with less land we can produce more like Japan or we need to stop this craze with houses. I mean look at Thailand it was an agri nation in last 7 years it turned into industrial nation but there is a disadvantage less land or crops west made fool out of them made it a waste land. There should be a balance. We don't have technology like japan/china to convert mass land into green lands it requires money/technology. .Malik or others needs to be told to invest more into apartments people can go to courts its not a big problem either way malik and others make huge money.

Pictures from today of the site in question. Left side is commericial and the right side is residential.

Attachments

• 1391428807153.jpg
    1391428807153.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 1391428822643.jpg
    1391428822643.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 1391428843002.jpg
    1391428843002.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 39

This is happening everywhere in the world. The real estate is a lucrative business everywhere in the world.

Pakistan has to see, how developed countries are dealing with this real estate problem.

The developed countries have very strict building and zoning laws. Everyone knows those zoning systems, so Harry and Dick can change those laws. The developers plan their projects according to those zoning systems.

This is what bought the dubai property market down to its knees...an industry built on fraud.

So you see a conspiracy to reduce food production in the country when only one word explains it all: Overpopulation. People who are rapidly reproducing are themselves causing these changes.

So you see a conspiracy to reduce food production in the country when only one word explains it all: Overpopulation. People who are rapidly reproducing are themselves causing these changes.
Easy solution read Dan Brown's Inferno :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom