What's new

Malaysia won’t take sides in Pak-India tension: Mahathir

Honestly, I dont think Malaysia will be purchasing JF-17s from us, I know we are trying hard to make a sale of those jets but I dont think Malaysians will go for it. Mahatir is already using this as a spectre to caution EU from applying sanctions against Palm Oil usage across the EU.

Did the Malaysian defence minister accompanied him in recent trip, I didnt read about it. Instead he came with business leaders, so for the most part Malaysians are more than happy to do business with us, just not buying the jets kind. And lets not forget they already have a pretty good economic relationship with India, and I dont think they will be ready to jeopardise that for now. They will try to palliate both India and Pakistan.

No one expects him to.
But we know where the hearts of the Malay people are....

Sorry to disagree with you on this one, but no they really dont care. Malay nationalism does not cross the borders of Malaysia, they look at Islam and other muslims through lens of Malay nationalism. They do not take view of Muslim or ummah as most Pakistani's do. This is not to say that this is wrong, but you should not have any misgivings about Malay and their feelings towards other muslims.
Malay nationalism is a strong force in Malaysia and Mahatir is the chief architect of this nationalism.

A chief example of this would be Rohingya Crisis, the strongest criticism against accepting any Rohingya migrants came from Malays and not the other ethnicities of Malaysia. Malays never had and never will look at things beyond Malaysian borders. The only issue they show some concerned about is that of Palestine and time and time again they have taken a stand about it, but nothing else beyond that.

True tho. I've met many malays and they don't even know about the conflict lol. Nibbas think India is all good with Muslims.
Exactly, they really dont care. Pakistanis need to get this stupid idea out of their heads, every country puts their interests before everything else and we should do the same.

Its like saying Malaysians will trigger around 8% of their Malay Indian population by taking sides, which no politician is stupid enough to do so. Malays are some of the biggest racist people out there, and that country is afloat with Chinese businessmens and Indo- Chinese mafias.

Sorry to disagree with you on this one, but no they really dont care. Malay nationalism does not cross the borders of Malaysia, they look at Islam and other muslims through lens of Malay nationalism. They do not take view of Muslim or ummah as most Pakistani's do. This is not to say that this is wrong, but you should not have any misgivings about Malay and their feelings towards other muslims.
Malay nationalism is a strong force in Malaysia and Mahatir is the chief architect of this nationalism.

A chief example of this would be Rohingya Crisis, the strongest criticism against accepting any Rohingya migrants came from Malays and not the other ethnicities of Malaysia. Malays never had and never will look at things beyond Malaysian borders. The only issue they show some concerned about is that of Palestine and time and time again they have taken a stand about it, but nothing else beyond that.

I'll have to disagree with you then;

Take a look at the sheer amount of supportive comments from Malays regarding the shooting down of IAF jets;

It's not an iron set indicator but does tie in with my many visits there and I have very close family in SE Asia. You're right about their nationalism not going beyond their borders, but that doesn't mean that "they really don't care". I'm not sure what you meant about misgivings, of course they're not going to fight for Pakistan or provide material support, very few if any single country will.

LOL - They don't care at all.

See the above lol.

U just pulled that out your anus again didnt u. Expected.

He was there on invitation to attend Pakistan national day parade.
So what
What made you think that he just came in to say hi and leave?

See the above lol.
Friend, I know from personal contacts that Malaysians are largely indifferent to geopolitics of Pakistan and India.

I would go as far as to assert that Malaysia is not the right destination for expats for long-term settlement. Nevertheless, Indian expats are much better established than Pakistani expats in Malaysia on average. This is one of the factors why Mahathir Mohamad will not be vocal against India in his public speeches. Insider insight if you will. :-)

Unless Imran Khan manage to negotiate decent perks for Pakistani expats in Malaysia, I am not impressed.

Friend, I know from personal contacts that Malaysians are largely indifferent to geopolitics of Pakistan and India.

I would go as far as to assert that Malaysia is not the right destination for expats for long-term settlement. Nevertheless, Indian expats are much better established than Pakistani expats in Malaysia on average. This is one of the factors why Mahathir Mohamad will not be vocal against India in his public speeches. Insider insight if you will. :-)

Unless Imran Khan manage to negotiate decent perks for Pakistani expats in Malaysia, I am not impressed.

Me too bro, I speak extensively of contact and shown evidence above. I agree with the rest though, a great deal of that is to do with their own Indian minority population which makes it easier for expats.
As said in my original post I didn't expect him to speak up either.

A nation with cultural nationalism will always triumph over religion nationalism...I explained in my earlier post. An Arab Jew May prefer to side with Muslim Arab than an Muslim person living in Israel.

So whichever nation has strong sense of cultural nationalism, be it Arabs, Persian, Bengalis, Malaya’s of Malaysia will always identify with their own distinct root rather than getting lost in a generic categorization.

Cold war is long over and nobody needs to take any side anymore. It's all about balancing the act while putting your national interests first.

Why we would need malaysia to take our side? We already defeated India if not then why mahatir Muhammad is interested in buying JF thunder?. May be Mahatir thinking is this India already defeated by Pakistan so we take side or no wouldn't make any difference as Pakistan don't need us to defeat India.

Hmm...to some extent you are right....In addition to your post, I would say Malaysia and Indonesia do not want to take side as they feel, they are not getting any Beni fit while taking side of any one....
Actually may be they are getting harm like bad trade relations etc

We don't want him to take side between India and Pakistan. Anybody who wants every potential Partner of Pakistan to take sides in our Conflicts is a fool.
We need your Business and Investment Malaysia we don't want to drag you in our own Issues. Malaysian Companies should be given access to Pakistani Markets in return they should bring Transfer of Technology in the form of Joint Ventures with our Industry. Win win for both.

Back
Top Bottom