What's new

Malaysia Johor Sultan tells public "Don’t act prematurely" over Muslim woman’s marriage to Indian hockey player

Muslim women cannot marry non-Muslims. The rules are clear here. Suck-up Vietnamese (you don’t want to here the stereotypes about Vietnamese women here in Germany, but you kinda have a „reputation“) and Hindu Indians can cry rivers.

I am pretty sure she would, just as I give a **** to your opinion.

Some articles are also saying this: (I doubt it though)

1608626765684.png

In any case, whatever. Malaysians made their stance clear and that's great. Individuals are irrelevant. She will most likely stay in india with her husband. Simple.

Anyways, why mad? I didn't even give my opinion per se.

Religion is what people restrain themselves, not restrain others
By that logic you could also say: laws only apply to self-restriction, that’s not true.

Societal values and religious laws are for the social fabric of a society. We see the degeneration that comes with atheism and it’s by-product communism.

@waz @WebMaster
Sir, the topic is going towards a hatred debate.

The feature which shows which Mod is online was good, please revive that.
On topic: Unless there is a constitutional ruling, any individual can do anything. Is Islam is important to her, she would not marry him. Islamic laws are only applicable if every other Islamic law is applied. It is not selective.
Lastly, I don;t think there is no capital punishment for this offence.

You can’t marry pagans and stay in islaam for both make and female
Male can marry Christian and jew bit children have to be Muslim

but woman can’t stay in islaam and marry kaffir .

shit happens she gone to the kaafir side .

but so it goes don’t know why the kaafirs on this site got there knickers in a twist like if they won gold in olympics .
You can’t understand and will never be of us with us or a part of us .

keep calm and kaafir on . :partay:

@terry5 @hussain0216
Please Sir, abstain for labelling kafir here and there. This is a malpractice in our clergy.
Only Allah can determine who is Kafir and Munafiq. We can only state which is muslim and non-muslim.
And by law we can marry only practising Christians and Jews. For that matter, even Muslims should be practising. Not like Muslim by name and drinking alcohol.
She can marry whoever she wants. But this mustn't be encouraged but can be neglected.
So as a request neglect her choice and discuss the merits of this action only. But that would be a religious topic, which is prohibited.

You have these dictates and still call yourself liberal.

Majority of Hindus of India are not aware of such stuff in Islam...I wish they have total awareness. They will than know who the traitors have been and who still are.

How about, in the same like Hindus need to pursue Ghar Wapsi of all Muslims whose ancestors have been Hindus and if they decline, they should....like this Malaysian woman, be stoned to death.

Here's some facts to make you cry some more :cheesy:

Interesting tidbit: Islam has achieved THE fastest-ever growth of any religion in human history. No other religion got THIS big, THIS global, & THIS widespread in THIS less of a time. It took Christianity ~2000 years to reach ~2 billion followers. Islam did it in just ~1400 years.

It is not just the raw numbers either. Even in proportional percentage term, Islam accomplished the fastest-ever growth of any religion in recorded human history. Islam reached ~25% share of world population in 1410 years. Christianity took nearly 1830 years. No other religion even comes close to these gargantuan numbers, Mashallah!

And Islam remains the fastest growing faith even today....and the most practiced and influential globally (in terms of shaping statecraft, laws, cultural, social life etc across continents)

From WVS, 2020 (The world's most comprehensive and largest longtitudinal study on population values in sociology)

1608631436872.png

Stay mad :) And btw, ex-Hindus like this man is our heros :D

One Ex-Hindu in Pak Sindh converts 100K Hindus to Islam.jpg

#KeepRagingYouIrrelevantLosers :lol:

Attachments

• 1608631692659.png
    1608631692659.png
    431.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
Stop trolling commnets.
As for the thread not much is known about this, but come on, with all that's happening in the world it's hardly news worthy.
As for her decision that's her personal choice, but the faith aspect is clear on this i.e. Muslim women cannot marry outside the faith, and for that matter nor can Muslim men if free single Muslim women are around.

Firstly, why is Malaysia continuing the system of monarchy in 2020 ? Malaysia should walk towards True Democracy.

Secondly, this sultan is the proof that with elderly age doesn't necessarily come wisdom. He is the Malaysian equivalent of the Hindutvadis in India who scream "Love Jihad" and try to disrupt marriages of Hindu women with Muslim men.

I am certain that the Islamic injunction against marrying non-Abrahamics was mainly because of socio-economic reasons ( Mahr, inheritance etc ) and not entirely because of political positioning and hate against non-Abrahamics.

This is 2020 and in a decade or so will start human settlements on Mars. What will be this sultan's suggestions for the social arrangement for Mars, in the next 30 years ?

We see the degeneration that comes with atheism and it’s by-product communism.

Below is the result of Google search of the keyword "Communism" :
Communism is a philosophical, social, political and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of a communist society, namely a socioeconomic order structured upon the ideas of common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money and the state. Wikipedia
What is your objection to it ? Aren't these goals wonderful ? In fact Muslims should be the ones most actively propagating Communism. And why ? Go back to that thread where you kept Liking Areesh's posts which were against mine.

Lastly, there is no rule that you cannot be a Communist and an Atheist at the same time.

After a wild weekend full of accusations, questions and heated debate over her religious status, Malaysian Illi Najwa Anuar Hussin Saddique has apologised for the confusion caused by her wedding ceremony to India’s hockey captain Manpreet Singh Pawar.

The 27-year-old Malaysian woman had gotten married to Manpreet via Anand Karaj (Sikh marriage ceremony) at a gurdwara in the Indian state of Punjab on 16 December. Illi admits to the couple’s wrongdoing and ignorance.

She also apologised to her family who were dragged into the nationwide religious debate that included responses from government officials stating that they will question her religious status once she returns to Malaysia.

Illi Najwa & Manpreet Singh are officially Muslims
According to Harian Metro, Illi confirmed that her husband converted to Islam at the end of 2019. She explained that the couple had also gotten married in a private nikah ceremony (Islamic marriage) on 16 December.

Illi states that their nikah certificate will be obtained next Wednesday.

As for speculations on her name change to Navpreet Kaur – as reported by Indian news outlets- , the Johorean lass stresses that she has never changed her name or religion.

My name still remains Illi Najwa Anuar Hussin Saddique. My husband’s family has been calling me Navpreet since 2012 because it is difficult for them to say my name.
Illi Najwa via Harian Metro.
She will stay in Jalandhar, Punjab with her husband and his family

New Straits Times reports that Illi Najwa managed to secure special travel permission from Malaysian authorities and India’s Home Affairs Ministry to fly to India on 2nd December.

Her husband told Indian news site The Tribune that Illi will stay in India with his family.

She will stay with my family here. She is getting accustomed to the Punjabi culture and has already become fond of it. We have given a Punjabi name, Navpreet Kaur.
Manpreet Singh to The Tribune.
The couple had met in 2012 at the Sultan of Johor Cup where Manpreet was competing and Illi was a spectator.

We had a brief interaction and I was carried away by her charm. I managed to get her phone number and stayed in touch.
Manpreet Singh to The Tribune.
The couple then got engaged in 2014.

Apparantly she is daughter of some Malaysian Minister of harcore Muslim party and so ....statement dene mein kya jaata hai....

Hehe.. you dont expect her to live amongst proud Sikh ...that too well off Indian Hockey Team captain as a Muslim....was there a need for Sikh Marriage....has the guy cut his head hairs and done khatna to become Muslim...

Its really going to hurt the religious minded people really bad...

Good Score Paaji..above news states she is of Pakistani descent

Johor ruler Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar has weighed in on a recent issue involving a Malaysian Muslim woman whose wedding ceremony in India was carried out in accordance with Sikh customs.

In a statement released on Monday (Dec 21), the sultan said: "I would like to advise all parties not to draw any conclusions or act prematurely in dealing with this issue. The woman is undergoing trial by media even though she has not yet declared that she wants to leave Islam."

"If we are in a hurry in our actions to punish her, then we will build a huge barrier for her to return to our country and widen the gap between her family in Malaysia and her life in India," he added.

While the sultan did not identify the woman in quesion, he is believed to be referring to Ms Illi Najwa Saddique, who was the subject of criticism recently after photos of her wedding ceremony in Punjab, to India's hockey captain Manpreet Singh Pawar, were circulated on social media.

Netizens questioned her religious status because the ceremony was not done in accordance with Muslim customs.

The sultan added on Monday that he has ordered the Johor Islamic Religious Department to check on the woman's religious status through her family members and Malaysia's embassy in India.

He explained that as she comes from Johor, and in his role as the head of Islam in the state, he wants to ensure that the lives of Johor residents will be protected by the provisions of the law where Islam is the "the pillar of our state life".

View attachment 698694
somebody tell him these type of ''marriages'' arnt allowed in Islam! So her punishment as well as her possible prosecution is NOT ILLEGAL

Malaysia treats Muslim Rohingya refugees like animals and stuffs migrant laborers in prison camps. Meanwhile Han Chinese and Hindu Indians make up almost half their population now.

Malaysia has joined the Khaleeji Arab camp of being a persecutor of the Muslimeen.

Islam was founded by refugees, it will always be a religion of refugees. The Muslims and the Prophet were persecuted by the pagan Arabs and had to flee Mecca as refugees to the empire of Aksum and the city-state of Yathrib (Medina).

How these nations treat the Rohingya and the Uighurs. They would have treated the Prophet and the Muhajir.

Where the heck you come up with such non-sense? There are no such camps in existence anywhere in Malaysia. Note Malaysia is not a signatory of UN refugee convention, yet there are hundereds of Thousands of Rohingya residing in the country. Furthermore Malaysia had refused to hand over Uighurs back to China.

Before the Covid out break, Rohingyas didn't had much issues with authorities in Malaysia, and were allowed to look for employment (by law they are not allowed to), but access to education and healthcare was still tricky. Rohingyas for the most part were allowed by Islamic religious schools access for their kids to education, as Malaysian ministry of education oversee the curriculum of all religious schools. But now many schools were out right rejecting Rohingya students, thanks to campaigns against refugees by certain political parties where they were blamed for increased out breaks of Covid.

But there are no out right concentration camps in Malaysia. There are around 4 million illegal immigrants in Malaysia, so yes immigration is a touchy subject for the Malaysian government.

On the contrary, it is Bangladesh which had locked up Rohingyas in camps, with little to no access to economic, health or education opportunities to the refugees. I had been told several horror stories by Rohingya's here at how the situations in camps are getting worse by the day. Many Bangladeshis had also corroborated this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom