What's new

Making the case for a global ban on privately-owned personal transport cars and two-wheelers

This is my next one (it doesn't fit in the car and 2 wheeler category so this stupid suggested ban in this thread doesn't apply to it) .. because I'm lazy and comfort seeker when riding - should make a comfy tourer. Or Yamaha Super Tennere if 2 wheeler ..

2021-Yamaha-MW300-EU-Detail-001-03.jpg
Nikken is a unique and fabulous machine.

Which one u riding currently ? I am riding zx14. My next one is probably busa or gixxer 1000.

it doesn't fit in the car and 2 wheeler category so this stupid suggested ban in this thread doesn't apply to it

LOL.

And compare this ugly and unsafe motorbike to the elegant cyclorotor aircraft in the OP.

because I'm lazy and comfort seeker when riding - should make a comfy tourer.

Take a ride in a cyclorotor-based flying hired camper vehicle. Will be comfy.

Last edited:
Nikken is a unique and fabulous machine.

Which one u riding currently ? I am riding zx14. My next one is probably busa or gixxer 1000.

It's not Nikken ... it's Tricity 300 (car licence!), very comfortable.

Currently Yamaha Tenere 660.

You like big street power bikes it seems. I'm into adventure/dual sport.

LOL.

And compare this ugly and unsafe motorbike to the elegant cyclorotor aircraft in the OP.

Take a ride in a cyclorotor-based flying hired camper vehicle. Will be comfy.

I live in present .. I take public transport depending on my needs and comforts. When we were in HK, despite having two cars we preferred public transport for daytime travel as the offering was good and convenient. In London, it was a mix bag but in rural UK car is a must and preference.

If flying public transport is the future, I would be going for personal drone like this one instead.

Last edited:
I live in present .. I take public transport depending on my needs and comforts. When we were in HK, despite having two cars we preferred public transport for daytime travel as the offering was good and convenient. In London, it was a mix bag but in rural UK car is a must and preference.

Nice that you take public transport when convenient and about rural Britain, well its the issue for citizens to demand government public bus service to the rural areas. In India, as one of the few good things, for decades there is government bus service in many states to rural areas as part of the state road transport corporations. There are private bus services too. No reason why this could not have been the case for Britain too. The citizens should have demanded it.

If flying public transport is the future, I would be going for personal drone like this one instead.

That is not the future. As @Hamartia Antidote called a similar Chinese vehicle it is a flying guillotine. But I ask you, how it is superior to the cyclorotor in the OP and how is a personal vehicle superior to a cyclorotor bus and a taxi or special purpose cyclorotors for police, ambulance etc ?

But we can disagree to what u r proposing ... Cant we ?

Yes you can disagree but you will have to provide reasonable and rational objections, yes ?

It's not Nikken ... it's Tricity 300 (car licence!), very comfortable.

Currently Yamaha Tenere 660.

You like big street power bikes it seems. I'm into adventure/dual sport.
Yes i am more into super sports and street bikes ... Actually it has more to do with my locality rather than choice. There are no places to go on adventure bike near karachi ... Had i been living near islamabad then i would have presferred the same as yours.
Nice that you take public transport when convenient and about rural Britain, well its the issue for citizens to demand government public bus service to the rural areas. In India, as one of the few good things, for decades there is government bus service in many states to rural areas as part of the state road transport corporations. There are private bus services too. No reason why this could not have been the case for Britain too. The citizens should have demanded it.

That is not the future. As @Hamartia Antidote called a similar Chinese vehicle it is a flying guillotine. But I ask you, how it is superior to the cyclorotor in the OP and how is a personal vehicle superior to a cyclorotor bus and a taxi or special purpose cyclorotors for police, ambulance etc ?

Yes you can disagree but you will have to provide reasonable and rational objections, yes ?
Yes u r right but we are humans and not machines. By the definition of yours even all sports should be baned as they are wastage of human resource ...

There r needs beyond necessity as well ... Otherwise u have to ban alot of things as well ...

Ur approach is bit fascit ...

Yes u r right but we are humans and not machines. By the definition of yours even all sports should be baned as they are wastage of human resource ...

There r needs beyond necessity as well ... Otherwise u have to ban alot of things as well ...

Ur approach is bit fascit ...

I agree there are needs beyond necessities which is why I have written in previous posts that when the cyclorotor aircraft come about there should be available a camper variant with in-built facilities for sleeping, kitchen and toilet. You should be able to hire it for the weekly or monthly trip to the beach or the mountains or race it over a desert like drone type aircraft that @Verve posted in post# 65 and camp for the night there.

The citizens should have demanded it.

And there is the crust of it all - citizens DO NOT demand for it. Rural just don't have the demand for city like public transport services.

You can't change human nature. People like their privacy and would almost always opt for own transport given the circumstances.

And there is the crust of it all - citizens DO NOT demand for it. Rural just don't have the demand for city like public transport services.

Well, even if a bus is half-filled for a city-to-rural destination the bus should ply and this why bus transport should be left to the government which will be more ready to ply on such routes than a private sector company which will always seek to fill up all the seats.

You can't change human nature. People like their privacy and would almost always opt for own transport given the circumstances.

How is privacy connected with transport ? And here I am talking about removing the world's biggest source of pollution and also a source that enables crime, accidents and chaos.

Yes i am more into super sports and street bikes ... Actually it has more to do with my locality rather than choice. There are no places to go on adventure bike near karachi ... Had i been living near islamabad then i would have presferred the same as yours.

You've got Baluchistan ... so much off road there, more than around ISB.

You've got Baluchistan ... so much off road there, more than around ISB.
Yes but only iranian petrol and security threat as well.

Iranian petrol is smugled one and of very poor quality.

Even if we go on super bikes we have to take fuel in a trick with us for refuelling.

2 years back pak army arranged a rally to gawadar for heavy bikes and most of them came back on army trucks due to fuel filter blockage ...

Well, even if a bus is half-filled for a city-to-rural destination the bus should ply and this why bus transport should be left to the government which will be more ready to ply on such routes than a private sector company which will always seek to fill up all the seats.

How is privacy connected with transport ? And here I am talking about removing the world's biggest source of pollution and also a source that enables crime, accidents and chaos.

IF scenarios should be realistic. HK is small so establishing a good public transport network is easier with very high taxes on private vehicles. Same formula can't be applied everywhere.

Privacy is connected. Family or people travelling together having private conversations can't really do so in public transport. I vape, so why should I give up that during commuting etc just to get on friggin public transport that costs more! Privacy, Costs and Comfort of citizens should not be bulldozed by commie inspired policies.

Pollution and private transport are two different issues ... emission policies are quite effective in developed nations - visit UK. London has congestion charge and I am in favour of it - happily pay it too when I need to drive to London.

Yes getting something to the likes of cyclorotor is ideal. It gives u thrill of a bike ride but comfort of car and too much flexibility ...

Back
Top Bottom