What's new

Making India think " twice ".

I don't think you even got his point, what he said was that india can't capture Lahore as it won't be a walk in the park, Lahore is a very densely populated city and Lahoris are tough and brave just as every other Pakistani, in case of a war expect every Pakistani man, woman, and child to be armed with a weapon ready to die defending their country!

Dude.. You are the one not getting the point. I am not even saying Lahore is captured. I am simply painting a scenario where Indian forces are 5 Km away from Lahore which is just 30 km from the border..Then what?? Tac Nuke??

In all of these mock scenarios from Pakistanis about the NASR's detterant capability against IBGs and Cold start.....

Has anyone considered that India has the Akash SAM system that can be procured in both the tracked and wheeled format....and Akash is specifically built to protect moving convoys...

Doesnt the Akash with its tracked platform neutralize the "shoot and scoot" capability of the NASR that has been so hyped up on these discussions?

So what makes one think that the NASR is any sort of a game changer?

16pi7ih.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In all of these mock scenarios from Pakistanis about the NASR's detterant capability against IBGs and Cold start.....

Has anyone considered that India has the Akash SAM system that can be procured in both the tracked and wheeled format....and Akash is specifically built to protect moving convoys...

Doesnt the Akash with its tracked platform neutralize the "shoot and scoot" capability of the NASR that has been so hyped up on these discussions?

16pi7ih.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Akash is a SAM.....if it has the capability of shooting down NASR,than its good for India....

But how is Akash neutralizing NASR's shoot and scoot capability???:what:

Pinaka can do this job...

Akash is a SAM.....if it has the capability of shooting down NASR,than its good for India....

Akash can target both missiles and aircrafts

Thats what Im hypothesizing.....Though Im sure theres a reason why this hasnt been brought into discussion...
Waiting on someone that can elaborate the pros and cons...

But how is Akash neutralizing NASR's shoot and scoot capability???:what:

Shoot and scoot gives NASR the advantage of firing without being able to be retaliated against....

If the NASR is neutralized, then the shoot and scoot is useless..

Pinaka can do this job...[/QUOTE]

Pinaka cannot intercept missiles. Pinaka is an offensive MBRL...

Akash can target both missiles and aircrafts

Thats what Im hypothesizing.....Though Im sure theres a reason why this hasnt been brought into discussion...
Waiting on someone that can elaborate the pros and cons...

Shoot and scoot gives NASR the advantage of firing without being able to be retaliated against....

If the NASR is neutralized, then the shoot and scoot is useless..

Pinaka can do this job...

Pinaka cannot intercept missiles. Pinaka is an offensive MBRL...[/QUOTE]

I think you are misunderstanding "shoot and scoot"...

It means that NASR vehicle will reach launch area,fire its missiles,and that run away.....whether the missile is intercepted or not,is not related to shoot and scoot...

Pinaka can target the NASR vehicle before/after it launches if it is located...

Akash may neutralize NASR missile,but not the NASR vehicle...

I think you are misunderstanding "shoot and scoot"...
It means that NASR vehicle will reach launch area,fire its missiles,and that run away.....whether the missile is intercepted or not,is not related to shoot and scoot...

I think by definition, we are saying the same thing...

Though I agree that I wrongly attributed the Akash being able to neutralize the Shoot and Scoot capability...
But if there is a missile shield that protects the IBGs, that itself is a big blow to the capability of NASR...

Pinaka can target the NASR vehicle before/after it launches if it is located...

True......Not sure how the location will be detected though

Akash may neutralize NASR missile,but not the NASR vehicle...

I agree...But then again, the aim here is to neutralize the attack on the IBGs....as long as that is done, I think Akash serves its purpose dont you think?

Destroying the vehicle is not as important as the reload time will not be as quick, plus using a missile to attack an IBG is an expensive endeavor...so wastage if neutralized will not be the ideal way to use the NASR...

I think by definition, we are saying the same thing...

Though I agree that I wrongly attributed the Akash being able to neutralize the Shoot and Scoot capability...
But if there is a missile shield that protects the IBGs, that itself is a big blow to the capability of NASR...

True......Not sure how the location will be detected though

I agree...But then again, the aim here is to neutralize the attack on the IBGs....as long as that is done, I think Akash serves its purpose dont you think?

Destroying the vehicle is not as important as the reload time will not be as quick, plus using a missile to attack an IBG is an expensive endeavor...so wastage if neutralized will not be the ideal way to use the NASR...

How about 2 NASR missiles fired in a ripple? (as one vehicle can carry 2 missiles)

How about 2 NASR missiles fired in a ripple? (as one vehicle can carry 2 missiles)

Aakash can engage 8 targets simultaneously.... So a barrage of missiles would have to be showered on the IBGs in order for the Akash to be neutralized...

But this is obviously not possible as the cost of this will be tremendous.

Okay...but I still have doubts regarding Akash intercepting Ballistic missiles,traveling at Mach 4....which is rather quasi-ballistic (can change directions)....:unsure:

I'm duessing you didn't even bother reading the article:
"Judging from the test flight video released, Nasr appears to follow a depressed trajectory, rather than typical ballistic trajectory that makes a lethal combination, when married to high manoeuvrability, high speed and short range; which will cause nightmares and throw a challenge to any anti-ballistic missile system. Comparing Nasr to the earlier versions of Hatf 1B and Hatf 1A, Nasr appears to be more stabilised in its flight. The use of terminal guidance enables the Nasr to be projected, as a quick response precision guided ballistic missile with extremely low circular error of probability (CEP) to take the heavily defended targets in a 60km radius."

I'm duessing you didn't even bother reading the article:

The article says its a challenge and NOT can evade.....

Besides....which anti ballistic missile has the NASR been tested against that you're so confident it will be able to break through the defence?

Besides...I have my doubts regarding the claims but thats my personal opinion so we will leave it at that...

You think Lahore is a Rasagulla or Gulab jamun that you will swallow with taste. Are you people in this world or leaving in space. Have you ever heard of gurilla warfare with anti tank/anti armour weaponary, house by house fight, hand to hand fight, lane to lane fight. First of all what do you think about entering into Lahore itself. Is it Gateway of India where you will go for a morning walk?

so who.. a illegal Bangladeshi RAMBO in Pakistan will protect a thin 20KM of LAHORE defense lines.. a flat surface against the .. thrust of 100s of Sukhois bombing the hell out of anything present there ... this will pave the wave of fast moving Armored divisions just outside the Lahore suburb.. making it almost impossible for Pakistanis to use there tactical Nukes or even chemical weapons ...

so who.. a illegal Bangladeshi RAMBO in Pakistan will protect a thin 20KM of LAHORE defense lines.. a flat surface against the .. thrust of 100s of Sukhois bombing the hell out of anything present there ... this will pave the wave of fast moving Armored divisions just outside the Lahore suburb.. making it almost impossible for Pakistanis to use there tactical Nukes or even chemical weapons ...

yes sukhois will be bombing and f16s , jf17s and j10 and our sams systems will be enjoying bombing of indians jets :yahoo:

The article says its a challenge and NOT can evade.....

Besides....which anti ballistic missile has the NASR been tested against that you're so confident it will be able to break through the defence?

Besides...I have my doubts regarding the claims but thats my personal opinion so we will leave it at that...

then in the same case you can't be sure about Akash's capabilities. Has Askash been tested against a short range, high speed, maneuverable depressed trajectory following missiles?

yes sukhois will be bombing and f16s , jf17s and j10 and our sams systems will be enjoying bombing of indians jets :yahoo:

yaaa ..

if ur saying that J-10.. will be giving fight to Indians that aint gonna happen before 2016 at least .. by then you have to face ....

more sukhois... EFT/Rafale ... may be a few PAK?FA

Back
Top Bottom