What's new

Make Mumbai Second Capital of India

If there is any plan to move capital from Delhi, why should we consider another crowed city elsewhere in India? It will be better if we build an entirely new capital city which will be exactly at somewhere the center of India so that distance from extreme north, south, east and west to the new capital will be equal. It should be well connected by air, rail and road. :angel:

You never replied to me on the earlier thread 43% migration to Mumbai is from other parts of Maharashtra, shouldn't these so called 'take the law in your hand at the drop of the hat' sena(s) go around bashing them, why only poor North Indians?

Because of the same language/culture - they are Maharashtrians after all. Isn't it simple to understand ?

India is for Indians, there are people who follow the law of the land and there are those who don't, constitution of India guarantees Right to move and work in any part of India, and Mumbai or for the fact any part of India is not property of some community or other

India is not property of anyone. But no native will sit around to see their city being overwhelmed by outsiders in an uncontrolled manner. That is a fact. Dont take it wrongly - but nowhere bhayyas go they have a favorable opinion among the natives - be it Mumbai, be it Punjab, be it karnataka or Tamil nadu..nowhere. Ever thought why ? It is not a phenomenon limited to Mumbai alone. It's because the above said people , rather than respecting the local culture, impose their own on the locals thus breeding resentment. It may sound harsh, but that is the truth dude and you need to face it.

people like you tend to have a crap parochial, frog in the well mentality where you pitch Indians against Indians

How hard is to understand that I'm not even a Maharashtrian, but a migrant myself. But I'm not a blue-collar worker and hecne not discriminated against. The solution not lies in continuing the unbridled migration of blue-collar workers from everywhere in India to mumbai but in developing the source areas themselves so that the people find employment there itself.

I'm a firm believer in the dictum - Mumbai and the constitutional premise cannot be abused for the faults of corrupt UP/Bihari babus who cant develop their respective states. Bihar now has taken the right path under Nitish....but UP continues to be the basket case. As I said in the other thread, south Indians [madrasis] faced the same thing Bhayyas face today. But not now. What changed ? The southern states developed to a extent that the blue collar workers found employment there itself and only the professionals migrated outside.

What MNS does is absolutely wrong - but such goons dont arise in a vacuum. We like to believe that parties like MNS are an aberration and that people dont support them. Truth cannot be farther than that. They arise because the bottom strata of the locals whose jobs are deprived due to the migrants, desire them. For you it might seem unreasonable - but from their pov, it seems reasonable that they are deprived of work in their own state.

Because of the same language/culture - they are Maharashtrians after all. Isn't it simple to understand ?

So aren't they migrants too? Don't they burden the infrastructure like other migrants? Why not kick them out? Isn't it simple to understand my question?

India is not property of anyone. But no native will sit around to see their city being overwhelmed by outsiders in an uncontrolled manner. That is a fact. Dont take it wrongly - but nowhere bhayyas go they have a favorable opinion among the natives - be it Mumbai, be it Punjab, be it karnataka or Tamil nadu..nowhere. Ever thought why ? It is not a phenomenon limited to Mumbai alone. It's because the above said people , rather than respecting the local culture, impose their own on the locals thus breeding resentment. It may sound harsh, but that is the truth dude and you need to face it.

LOL that proves you are nothing but an North Indian hating South Indian who selectively hates migrants, as mentioned in earlier thread I hope some day raj thackrey gives some anti south Indian statement and you and your family gets bashed up by his goons. Yes there are haters in few states but now farmers in Punjab are going as far as Bihar to fetch labour, in Mumbai if you are not aware the markets are literally crying for labour as migration has fallen cause Bihar is growing at 13% and not enough man-power is coming to Mumbai. You want to build up a city on shoulder of migrants Gujratis, Marwaris, North Indians, South Indians and then abandon them, that to financial capital of the country

How hard is to understand that I'm not even a Maharashtrian, but a migrant myself. But I'm not a blue-collar worker and hecne not discriminated against. The solution not lies in continuing the unbridled migration of blue-collar workers from everywhere in India to mumbai but in developing the source areas themselves so that the people find employment there itself.

I'm a firm believer in the dictum - Mumbai and the constitutional premise cannot be abused for the faults of corrupt UP/Bihari babus who cant develop their respective states. Bihar now has taken the right path under Nitish....but UP continues to be the basket case. As I said in the other thread, south Indians [madrasis] faced the same thing Bhayyas face today. But not now. What changed ? The southern states developed to a extent that the blue collar workers found employment there itself and only the professionals migrated outside.

What MNS does is absolutely wrong - but such goons dont arise in a vacuum. We like to believe that parties like MNS are an aberration and that people dont support them. Truth cannot be farther than that. They arise because the bottom strata of the locals whose jobs are deprived due to the migrants, desire them. For you it might seem unreasonable - but from their pov, it seems reasonable that they are deprived of work in their own state.

It's not constitutional premise it's freaking common sense but alias it's not very common these days, migration is a reality of every big city of international standard or you want Mumbai to be some regional city with 80% local population, a country as big as India cannot grow uniformly and migration is bound to happen and it's right of every citizen of the country. Jobs are deprived? LOL now you want to say that a guy comes to Mumbai and lands a job while a local can not and if he can not whose fault it is? and for that he will bash up the guy who got the 'HIS' job? LOL talk about being a moron?

The thought is attractive but if at all a second capital is needed, why not Nagpur, where the zero mile begins?” Nagpur is equidistant from across the country and would bring people closer to the capital,

I for one agree with Mr. Singh. Nagpur is an ideal city for a second capital. It would also bring some much needed development to the deprived and neglected central India.

I for one agree with Mr. Singh. Nagpur is an ideal city for a second capital. It would also bring some much needed development to the deprived and neglected central India.

I would second it. Nagpur is smack at the center of India. I mean literally. The zero mile stone landmark indicates the geographical center. I would say build a new well planned capital near Nagpur as Vidarbha is a power surplus region with lots of lakes. Vidarbha will grow economically and the farmers' suicide rate will go down as they can sell their lands are high price and get rich similar to the farmers near Gurgaon.

The only drawback would be the tiger reserves will get affected.

Oye leave it -- this is one issue that one cannot see from the other's perspective. Now UP/Bihar are net exporters of labor and hence you argue for all the rights and constitutional provisions. But by some miracle if they turn around and migrants from all over India stream into Bihar or UP in an unbridled manner straining the infra, creating slums all over, indulging in crime and affecting the local culture then you will understand.

I can see the issue from both perspectives -- as a migrant outside South India and originally from being a city [not mumbai] that itself is facing the brunt of migration and its effect on the locals. I rest my case.

1] So aren't they migrants too?...

2]North Indian hating South Indian who selectively hates migrants,

3] migration is a reality of every big city of international standard

4]Jobs are deprived? LOL now you want to say that a guy comes to Mumbai and lands a job while a local can not and if he can not whose fault it is? and for that he will bash up the guy who got the 'HIS' job? LOL talk about being a moron?

1] There is a difference between a migrant from Pune to Mumbai and from Patna to Mumbai. freaking common sense. There is as much a culture divide as economic demands.

2] lol at the stereotype...but then I have moved past such stereotypes like paan chewing bihari, casteist violent UP bhayya and will not fall for the bait. Hope you get educated soon.

3] Migration is a reality -- but unbridled migration is never wanted by the locals and that is another reality.

4] Tell that to a local coolie whose wages have crashed due to the willingness of the migrant to work as a bonded labor for just food,shelter and some money. As I said this is one issue you never cant understand until you see both sides.

Back
Top Bottom