What's new

Make In India - Fighter Jet musings - News, Developments, Updates - F16,F18, Gripen, Any other

Hmm. So no wonder you guys buying so many usa stuff

There is simple reason why during Mmrca selection f16/70 and super hornets came bottom

Simply sanction threats

Less likely with the French

Rafale is a awesome machine and hopefully India will order more post 2022

Why should i? You merely trying to brush me off once i exposed what the situation is on the ground.

Established fact is HAL has to import spares n components from russia for the su30mki.

In other words- other then assembly rights aka 'licensed production', HAL cant manufacture the SU30mki.

No technology gained to make spares. Thats not what a 'ToT' is about.

Now u're on the contrary- making a claim that a ToT has taken place despite HAL having the incapability to produce the plane with all of its components, electronics, engine, radar n the like(not an empty shell) on her own.

So, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that HAL is producing its own spares n components for the MKI- of which, u have not done so.
You should read up on it if youre so interested, i think theres plenty of material on this topic available online. And don't be so sour my Pakistani bud. Cheer up!

There is simple reason why during Mmrca selection f16/70 and super hornets came bottom

Simply sanction threats

Less likely with the French

Rafale is a awesome machine and hopefully India will order more post 2022
the reason was not sanction, it was technical requirements and lies. USA was straight about the amount of tot. french as usual were lying. Though there could be $$$ factor too. French are well known for bribes

India does not need a cold war relic no matter how much lip stick they put on F16

USA Israel & Nato including turkey are phasing these planes out as we speak and inducting F35 Rafales & Typhoons

At best F16 will remain second tier planes in some air forces

India has its plans well laid out

Rafale FFGA first tier
SU30MKI & Super mki 2nd Tier
Tejas MK1/1A 3rd Tier

there IS NO ROOM for f16

India does not need a cold war relic no matter how much lip stick they put on F16

USA Israel & Nato including turkey are phasing these planes out as we speak and inducting F35 Rafales & Typhoons

At best F16 will remain second tier planes in some air forces

India has its plans well laid out

Rafale FFGA first tier
SU30MKI & Super mki 2nd Tier
Tejas MK1/1A 3rd Tier

there IS NO ROOM for f16

You do not seem to follow what is happening.
Rafale is too expensive, and Tejas is not beeing inducted in numbers neccessary
to maintain the IAF strength.
Engaging in wishful thinking is not going to change that.

You do not seem to follow what is happening.
Rafale is too expensive, and Tejas is not beeing inducted in numbers neccessary
to maintain the IAF strength.
Engaging in wishful thinking is not going to change that.

AND IF YOU think signing for F16 or Gripen will help this IT WILL NOT

The contract will take 2 years tom sign. ie 2020

deliverys will not start until 2022

AND LAST A 7 years

THATS 2030 far far to late

AND IF YOU think signing for F16 or Gripen will help this IT WILL NOT

The contract will take 2 years tom sign. ie 2020

deliverys will not start until 2022

AND LAST A 7 years

THATS 2030 far far to late

So with no further orders for
  • Rafale - too expensive
  • SU-30MKI - have enough of those
  • Tejas - Problem increasing production beyond those ordered
there will not be enough planes for the number of desired squadrons.

Waiting with the decision until 2021 is good timing if IAF wants Gripen E.

https://fightersweep.com/6024/dogfight-f-16v-viper-versus-j-39e-gripen/

Dogfight! F-16V Viper versus J-39E Gripen: Who Wins?

The Verdict

The F-16V is the clear winner here, because it exists and flies today. It is the most combat proven design in the history of fourth generation multi-role fighter airpower, and it is actual flying and being tested now. I vote for IT as the obvious winner of the F-16V versus J-39E mock-fight.

However, (as a former F-16 operator, this part pains me to say) that if the J-39E becomes a reality, and all the discussed items become real too, IT will be the clear winner. The lower RCS design, the IRSTS, and the higher thrust-to-weight ratio give the J-39E the edge for the top spot on the fourth generation multi-role fighter podium. It will be one highly capable and extremely difficult unicorn to defeat by any capable adversary!

https://fightersweep.com/6024/dogfight-f-16v-viper-versus-j-39e-gripen/

Dogfight! F-16V Viper versus J-39E Gripen: Who Wins?

The Verdict

The F-16V is the clear winner here, because it exists and flies today. It is the most combat proven design in the history of fourth generation multi-role fighter airpower, and it is actual flying and being tested now. I vote for IT as the obvious winner of the F-16V versus J-39E mock-fight.

However, (as a former F-16 operator, this part pains me to say) that if the J-39E becomes a reality, and all the discussed items become real too, IT will be the clear winner. The lower RCS design, the IRSTS, and the higher thrust-to-weight ratio give the J-39E the edge for the top spot on the fourth generation multi-role fighter podium. It will be one highly capable and extremely difficult unicorn to defeat by any capable adversary!
Combat proven against the countries who does not even have AIR Force. Or just gliders or you took your best stealth first. US cant make us fool with absolute plane.

So with no further orders for
  • Rafale - too expensive
  • SU-30MKI - have enough of those
  • Tejas - Problem increasing production beyond those ordered
there will not be enough planes for the number of desired squadrons.

Waiting with the decision until 2021 is good timing if IAF wants Gripen E.

Tell me the price "fly away " cost of Gripen E.

The quote to Denmark was $64M/aircraft including 20 years service.
With TOT, it would be more.

Keep the fly away cost under 70 million USD and deliver on all the promises made on Gripen.

At that price , it has a very good prospect.

Keep the fly away cost under 70 million USD and deliver on all the promises made on Gripen.

At that price , it has a very good prospect.

Brazil is paying $5,44B$ for 36 aircrafts which maps out to ~$150M per aircraft,
so it all depends on what extras You want.
It includes special development for Brazil (worth 1B$) and a lot of other things
which never was revealed.

Back
Top Bottom