What's new

Majority of Sri Lankan’s Favors China: Latest Poll

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Majority of Sri Lankan’s Favors China: Latest Poll

Sri Lanka’s Sunday Times newspaper poll.

Should Sri Lanka get closer to China or India?

Or Sri Lanka should strike a balance between both countries?

Sri Lankan’s voted to China – 43.7%

Sri Lankan’s voted to strike a balance – 44.5%

Sri Lankan’s voted to India – 11.8%

OnlinePollGraphic.jpg

Pulse of our online readers

I'm in the middle, we should keep balance between both countries.

I think Sri Lanka too small to take sides; we must follow Non-Aligned Movement (NAM).

Considering our self not aligned formally with or against any major power bloc.

The Poll also shows China won the trust of many Sri Lankan’s.

Still Sri Lankan’s mistrust India, due to past issues.

11% to India must be voted by Tamils

It seems so.

Anyways I don't care about even if the whole of Sinhalese hate India. India should make sure that the Tamils are not treated as 2nd class citizens in SL so that they don't resort to violence again.

It seems so.

Anyways I don't care about even if the whole of Sinhalese hate India. India should make sure that the Tamils are not treated as 2nd class citizens in SL so that they don't resort to violence again.

No second class citizens in Sri Lanka, all have equal rights!

only now they are given equal rights...
In the past it treated badly than a 2nd class citizens,not giving govt jobs or freedom etc...
It forced them to violence...
LTTE forced sinhalese to rethink and made it to give equal rights...
Many sri lankan politicians openly said in past "the oly good thing we got from india is buddhism only. Other things we got from india(tamils of course) were curses only"...
Its bad attitude mates..

only now they are given equal rights...
In the past it treated badly than a 2nd class citizens,not giving govt jobs or freedom etc...
It forced them to violence...
LTTE forced sinhalese to rethink and made it to give equal rights...
Many sri lankan politicians openly said in past "the oly good thing we got from india is buddhism only. Other things we got from india(tamils of course) were curses only"...
Its bad attitude mates..

Sri Lankan constitution introduced before the LTTE, we still use the same constitution mate!

india should not get into this kind of stuffs. Indians should keep their heads down and work day and night to earn a name and lliking. For me we should go by the principle " When we were there they did not feel our presence, when we left the absence turned to darkness"

Sri Lankan constitution introduced before the LTTE, we still use the same constitution mate!

Apart from SL, Tamils form minority population in India, Malaysia & Singapore. Then why is that the Tamils in the latter 3 countries never resorted to violence but instead they are the proud citizens of their respective countries. India & Singapore even had Tamil presidents. So it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the fact that there is some serious problems in which the Tamils are being treated in SL.

india should not get into this kind of stuffs. Indians should keep their heads down and work day and night to earn a name and lliking. For me we should go by the principle " When we were there they did not feel our presence, when we left the absence turned to darkness"

It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both. ... Niccolo Machiavelli

Nor do I need fear nor love, acceptance and cooperation is all I require : myself :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom