What's new

Majority Muslims want Sharia law in their countries: Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the whole sharia, just consider some of these laws below.

Thieves and robber should have their hands cut off.

Rapists should be killed ASAP.

Anyone who assaults another person should be punished physically to the same degree as his assault by the law.
It also includes people who beat children in school for not doing their homework.

Now is this all bad?

These things look fine as rhetoric but as soon as it is implemented you will be the first one to object, I am quite sure.
Cutting off hands of thiefs is way too much punishment for a crime (also quite brutal). You can give capital punishment to rapist(only after being certain that rape was commited by the person, which requires some time) but it will not reduce rape.

our constitution is in line with sharia law what more

Where is it written in Quran about Hijab ?

Please quote me Suraa and ayah ?

وَلَا يُبۡدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوۡ ءَابَآٮِٕهِنَّ أَوۡ ءَابَآءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوۡ أَبۡنَآٮِٕهِنَّ أَوۡ أَبۡنَآءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوۡ إِخۡوَٲنِهِنَّ أَوۡ بَنِىٓ إِخۡوَٲنِهِنَّ أَوۡ بَنِىٓ أَخَوَٲتِهِنَّ أَوۡ نِسَآٮِٕهِنَّ أَوۡ مَا مَلَكَتۡ أَيۡمَـٰنُهُنَّ أَوِ ٱلتَّـٰبِعِينَ غَيۡرِ أُوْلِى ٱلۡإِرۡبَةِ مِنَ ٱلرِّجَالِ أَوِ ٱلطِّفۡلِ ٱلَّذِينَ لَمۡ يَظۡهَرُواْ عَلَىٰ عَوۡرَٲتِ ٱلنِّسَآءِ*ۖ
(سُوۡرَةُ النُّور: ٣١)

and must not expose their adornment, except to their husbands or their fathers or the fathers of their husbands, or to their sons or the sons of their husbands, or to their brothers or the sons of their brothers or the sons of their sisters, or to their women , or to those owned by their right hands, or male attendants having no (sexual) urge, or to the children who are not yet conscious of the shames of women.
(Surah Al-Noor :31)

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلنَّبِىُّ قُل لِّأَزۡوَٲجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَآءِ ٱلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ يُدۡنِينَ عَلَيۡہِنَّ مِن جَلَـٰبِيبِهِنَّۚ ذَٲلِكَ أَدۡنَىٰٓ أَن يُعۡرَفۡنَ فَلَا يُؤۡذَيۡنَۗ وَكَانَ ٱللَّهُ غَفُورً۬ا رَّحِيمً۬ا
(سُوۡرَةُ الاٴحزَاب :٥٩)

O prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they should draw down their shawls over them. That will make it more likely that they are recognized, hence not teased And Allah is Most-Forgiving, Very-Merciful.
(Surah Al-Ahzab :59)

وَلَا يُبۡدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوۡ ءَابَآٮِٕهِنَّ أَوۡ ءَابَآءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوۡ أَبۡنَآٮِٕهِنَّ أَوۡ أَبۡنَآءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوۡ إِخۡوَٲنِهِنَّ أَوۡ بَنِىٓ إِخۡوَٲنِهِنَّ أَوۡ بَنِىٓ أَخَوَٲتِهِنَّ أَوۡ نِسَآٮِٕهِنَّ أَوۡ مَا مَلَكَتۡ أَيۡمَـٰنُهُنَّ أَوِ ٱلتَّـٰبِعِينَ غَيۡرِ أُوْلِى ٱلۡإِرۡبَةِ مِنَ ٱلرِّجَالِ أَوِ ٱلطِّفۡلِ ٱلَّذِينَ لَمۡ يَظۡهَرُواْ عَلَىٰ عَوۡرَٲتِ ٱلنِّسَآءِ*ۖ

and must not expose their adornment, except to their husbands or their fathers or the fathers of their husbands, or to their sons or the sons of their husbands, or to their brothers or the sons of their brothers or the sons of their sisters, or to their women , or to those owned by their right hands, or male attendants having no (sexual) urge, or to the children who are not yet conscious of the shames of women.

يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلنَّبِىُّ قُل لِّأَزۡوَٲجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَآءِ ٱلۡمُؤۡمِنِينَ يُدۡنِينَ عَلَيۡہِنَّ مِن جَلَـٰبِيبِهِنَّۚ ذَٲلِكَ أَدۡنَىٰٓ أَن يُعۡرَفۡنَ فَلَا يُؤۡذَيۡنَۗ وَكَانَ ٱللَّهُ غَفُورً۬ا رَّحِيمً۬ا

O prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they should draw down their shawls over them. That will make it more likely that they are recognized, hence not teased And Allah is Most-Forgiving, Very-Merciful.

Thank you for posting these ayahs. I read this as asking the women to cover their breasts ( adornments ). I agree with that.

There is nothing here that says covering the hair with a Hijab. There is no mention of the word HIJAB in Quran or any mention of covering of the head.

What does own by their right hands mean?

Thank you for posting these ayahs. I read this as asking the women to cover their breasts ( adornments ). I agree with that.

There is nothing here that says covering the hair with a Hijab. There is no mention of the word HIJAB in Quran or any mention of covering of the head.

What adornments can be exposed to males other than husbands?

not only should we want shriah for paksitan,but for the entire ummah as one Islamic caliphate.Implement shariah in our economy,cut all deals involving american petrodollars,and replace it with the dinar.we have most of the oil for export.Eventually we will end hunger for our people and the world will realize that it is in-fact them who were backwards all along.

And this is why people say they want Sharia its the magic wand theory if we just had Sharia every thing would be better.

Sorry but there will still be judges that take bribes, the rich and powerfull will get away with things the poor will suffer and starve. No matter what laws you pick no matter how divine there inspiration the law will be implimented by men.

If those men take bribes free criminals and arrest political opponents under one system you can bet a ruppee to a gold brick they will do the same thing under Sharia

People need to realize it's not the law which is at fault. It's always the implementation. How would you implement something like sharia when Muslims today can't even agree on simplest of matters? I guess it's human nature to always perceive the grass as greener on the other side.

Pakistani and Bangladeshi(South Asian) muslims are clearly winning this race.

GSI-II-infographic_forweb.png

South Asian muslims are the craziest of the lot. :woot:
They top in the following opinions.
They want punishments like cutting hands. The want converts out of Islam to be executed. They think wives should obey husbands.

Pakistani Sage dear,

The short answer to your Hijab quesion! Nowhere.Quran talks about "Hijab" in literal sense. Nowhere.

Oh and breasts are not adornments as you imply. 24:30 talks about Juyub means bosom or breast, when it says put a piece of cloth of them. Quran simply is saying "Don't flash your cleavage".

24:30 also talk about zeenat, or adornment. That means bright make up, jewelry, flashy colorful clothes,
Then it says don't go around flashing your expensive colorful clothes and jewelry.

Why? Because the whole section is about "modesty". Not just for women, but also for men.

And it will be great injustice if someone quotes just this verse in support of Hijab. Because it isn't.
Why it is great injustice. Because it really clobbers the real message of Quran.

HUGE issue with your question and the answer you got is in fact the biggest folly we the Paks get into when we ask for Quranic references for this or that.

Then some half@brain Mullah type cuts and paste one verse and proves he is 100% Muslims now and he has reserved hoors and got a seat reserved in Jannat.

This is so horrible of horrible crime against knowledge and intellect that I could not say enough against.

First: you are studying and quoting single verse out of the whole chapter. This is most unfair to our holy book. We should never read single verse for specific decision. It should always be studied as complete chapter, or at least complete section.

Never and never ever ever never never never as single verse. EVER!

I hope you got it.

Now for those indian Hindus, who are just having fun poking at the single verse. I say QUIT. This is against the behavior of a smart and intellectual person who belongs to good family and gracious parents.

Thank you.

We need first to define Sharia law, as some Muslims have their own interpretation of it especially Taliban and their likes around the world, which many Muslims refuse to have. women are treated like slaves in the name of Islam, punishments are being misused. For instance, I have seen videos of extremists stoning women upon committing adultery over mere suspicion without following Sharia rules in this regard which makes proving adultery almost impossible unless it was committed in public and four adults and rational males watched it happening from A-Z :D. This is just an example. Another thing, Islam strictly gives the right to issue Sharia law by the ruler not ordinary people, and this is ignored. Not to mention ignoring the prophet precept not to kill innocents nor enemy children, women nor elders.

The problem would be the extremist version of Sharia law. I would hate to see any rules forced on women especially in terms of forced hijab or Work related issues regarding women. If the Taliban have their way , they would imprison women in the houses.

I would like to see more liberalization and not go in the opposite direction. I will fight to death the prevention of Talibanization of Pakistan. NOT in my country and NOT on my watch.

You are westernized american and you are blabbling non-sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom