What's new

Major proportion of Arjun tanks in service not operational

Oh you get that ? So that would make JF 17 anyless Sino Pak Joint fighter ?
Dont revert the point why I quoted...Pakistan has always said that JF-17 is a jointly developed fighter...and has always open about its components like engine was bought from Russia and AL KHALID engine is from UKraine....!
Now,it was you who told me that India's products is all indigenous because all the components on board are Made By India...and Brahmos is a JV bcz it has Russian Technology also...so after reading this article i begin to wonder where Arjun stands...May you can cook some new theory to satisfy your ego and put Arjun in Made All by India category.....!

Banging your head against a wall (doesn't matter whether it is dumb or bright), the wall will remain, but your head would be crushed.:-)

Just my opinion.......

BTW, Guys don't go offtopic.......... JF-17 is not the issue at discussion....
Dont revert the point why I quoted...Pakistan has always said that JF-17 is a jointly developed fighter...and has always open about its components like engine was bought from Russia and AL KHALID engine is from UKraine....!
Before farting,have a look on all posts...!

Army procurement kickbacks not coming in is really hurting some Gernails... so this is going to happen.... they will push back at anything that does not allow them to make money.
your avatar.:lol: nice 1.:enjoy:

Well ARJUN might not be indigenious(with over 60% of parts imported), but still its a good start/learning curve for India. India should try and make foreign suppliers to set up their factories locally or TOT for these parts so they can be manufactured locally. that will be a big step forward, you havce to learn how to walk before run.

@Spy Master JF 17 & Al khalid are Sino-Pak jointly developed products with third party,foreign components such as the engine.LCA & Arjun are developed products with foreign components such as the engine etc.Got it? Non sense.I never claimed so.

IDK who really run the show whtehr Army, National Planing Division or respective agencies like KRL, AWC etc...
But they make very efficient and effective decision. They borrow foreign technology when either it is too expensive or hi- tech. Then they develop and improve on top of it.. It saves nation's money and is optomised solution between cost and indignity. whetehr it is Al khalid or jf !&, or F7 and launching our satellites using foreign vehicles (of china or russia). Though after 2-3 failures india achieved self reliance in space mission but in Tejas and arjun, they are still investing on failure.. They should redesign as Tejas concept and arjun and borrwoing foreign experience is not a problem.

@Spy Master JF 17 & Al khalid are Sino-Pak jointly developed products with third party,foreign components such as the engine.LCA & Arjun are developed products with foreign components such as the engine etc.Got it? Non sense.I never claimed so.
At last....Good :enjoy:

Recently arjun saw induction of a new FCS system. The French Sagan 15 which they used to ridicule earlier.all p praises for the swadeshi FCS which is now defunct on mk-1 at least. Its funny how things change when you see repeated failures. The same is operational on pt-91xx series.

Recently arjun saw induction of a new FCS system. The French Sagan 15 which they used to ridicule earlier.all p praises for the swadeshi FCS which is now defunct on mk-1 at least. Its funny how things change when you see repeated failures. The same is operational on pt-91xx series.
I always tell people not to comment on things they are not aware of.
The Savan 15 is a LRU, that is the manufacturer provides no details about what is inside.They are just a bunch of boxes which are being tested at indian facility only now.
1.The manufacturer had to modify the FCS according to the new gun of the arjun and its ammunition which it turned out to be was not done properly.Consequently Indian algorithms were integrated into the fire control computer with the OEM's help which had rectified errors.
2.The sagem sight was not suitable to Indian conditions,but now appropriate customizatiosn have been brought in and are functioning satisfactorily.

ahahahahah.........:rofl: well said bro, but dont think Russians would be happy to see you Indians calling their cherished T-99 Tanks tin cans junks.
@senheiser , @vostok @ptldM3 etc
:lol:
:pop:
Well afaik,T-99 is the chinese reverse engineered version of the old soviet T-72 tank with a slight twist and turns:p:.I think you have got mixed it with the all new Russian T-90 tank which is nothing short of a beast and India is the largest user of this tank;).

Initially Arjun was a tank with 115 MM gn and many sources suggest its original inetended weight was 40 Tons.

Now it is beast with 120 MM gun and 67 Ton weight.
I realize that Arjun Project has faced many changes. But my point is IA currently has 1100 T-90 and plans to take the number over 2000 on the other hand only 248 Arjuns have been inducted so far and most of them were forced on IA. So if army is satisfied with T-90 moreover unit cost of t-90 is $4.2 millions where as Arjun's is $8.9 million then why waste time and money on Arjuns? Just because its indigenous?

I always tell people not to comment on things they are not aware of.
The Savan 15 is a LRU, that is the manufacturer provides no details about what is inside.They are just a bunch of boxes which are being tested at indian facility only now.
1.The manufacturer had to modify the FCS according to the new gun of the arjun and its ammunition which it turned out to be was not done properly.Consequently Indian algorithms were integrated into the fire control computer with the OEM's help which had rectified errors.
2.The sagem sight was not suitable to Indian conditions,but now appropriate customizatiosn have been brought in and are functioning satisfactorily.

Tell me when u need more details on the system, seriously. There is so much absurdity in ur post.

I realize that Arjun Project has faced many changes. But my point is IA currently has 1100 T-90 and plans to take the number over 2000 on the other hand only 248 Arjuns have been inducted so far and most of them were forced on IA. So if army is satisfied with T-90 moreover unit cost of t-90 is $4.2 millions where as Arjun's is $8.9 million then why waste time and money on Arjuns? Just because its indigenous?
Arjun Tank is heavy , and it need the infrastructure to support that , IA building the same vs qty the no, need pickup trucks , railway wagons, bridges etc..... so it take times,

Now let how many Chinese latest tank you inducted? out of how many ?

Tell me when u need more details on the system, seriously. There is so much absurdity in ur post.
May I know what is the absurdity? I have just told you the case of what happened, it is fine that you dont buy it but dont call it absurd because you dont have the access to arjun project that I have.

few public sector companies in india are good and few are very bad govt should over haul all of them and punish the laggers
Heavyequip_629402g.jpg

BEML%20bags%20triple%20award-2672.jpg

06-BEML-ships-Rs-70-cr-worth-of-equipment-to-Zimbabwe-U.jpg

govt avadi tank factory
22augmdv01_Engine__1186600g.jpg

private factory at avadi
SundaramClayton2.jpg

BHEL
BHEL_to_be_cate4295.jpg

BL09BHEL1_1480685g.jpg

indiabreeder.jpg

May I know what is the absurdity? I have just told you the case of what happened, it is fine that you dont buy it but dont call it absurd because you dont have the access to arjun project that I have.

Don't be so confident about ur access to arjun. Savan 15 is a little more than a few boxes and a thermal image . Overall a nice system with sufficient cooling.
On pt-91, its a combo of three component .
+ fcs- ballistic computer

+ range finder n thermal imager

+ Power supply+ cooling solution

Which part is added/ miised in arjun?

Back
Top Bottom