What's new

Major Breakthrough: Pakistan and Tethyan Copper Company(TCC) have agreed over 50 per cent shares over Reko Diq

Who's holding a gun to us asking us to pay the fine? **** them, don't pay it, instead spend a few hundred million buying some experts. Apparently it costs 3 billion to build the mine. Borrow the money - pay 10 times the normal rate for experts to get it running and train your own people.

When it's making money pay the fine.

It's small minded thinking.

We can buy equipment and buy expertise. Do what the Gulf Arabs do - buy the individual experts for extortionate rates.

It's cheaper than being asset stripped like 3rd world Africans.

Bro are you normal … every claim and every statement you have made is incorrect. Mind checking some facts about:

how many years is the lease .
Who will invest money
Who will get the mine back …

“represented by Dr Samar Mubarakmand at the ICSID. He stated that $2.5 billion annually and $131 billion would be generated from the project.”

Some comments about our Supreme Court and pandoo Nawaj and Zarda:

“On page 171 of the verdict, it was said that Pakistan Supreme Court was quite oblivious to international law and conventions regarding the agreements and contracts and lacked professional skill.”

represented by Dr Samar Mubarakmand at the ICSID. He stated that $2.5 billion annually and $131 billion would be generated from the project.
Person who made him a Dr should be tried for treason. He was the one who convinced the judiciary in 2011 that Pakistan had all the capabilities to mine Reko Diq itself 😂

A 50% stake for the government, which is a passive / non-value adding “partner” is actually quite impressive negotiating.. I somewhat can’t believe it lol. In Canada for example, some jurisdictions collect less than 2% royalties + corporate taxes and many mines are run by international companies even though there are several large Canadian players. The benefit to the nation comes in the form of local employment and spending, which I hope will also happen in Balochistan. Add to that a $6 billion fine avoidance. I see this is a win, win, win.
Because TCC is partly owned by a Canadian entity listed in TSX, you can add an extra win :azn:

One thing that strikes me is that the $5.84 billion penalty was calculated by the court based on projected future profits for the next 54 years. Does anyone know what percentage of the projected future profits was this $5.4 billion?

Pakistani bongian bohat martey hein
Its our natural property
Yes it’s your national property but is foreign investment inherently bad? I don’t think so. In my view, if this news is true, the Pakistan government should focus on investing or attracting investment for downstream capabilities (e.g. refineries) - this would keep more of the value chain in Pakistan and have a multiplier effect for local job creation.

Last edited:
Given the circumstances, its a pretty good deal despite the terrible mistakes made by previous governments, unfortunately the current government has to face the music of the bad deals signed by previous crooked governments without long term implications.

Given the circumstances, its a pretty good deal despite the terrible mistakes made by previous governments, unfortunately the current government has to face the music of the bad deals signed by previous crooked governments without long term implications.

The best IK and government can do is ONCE AGAIN try to clean up the shit the lanats pmln and PPP supporters and their masters have created for Pakistan

But this need to be negative

If lower down industries can be developed

Pakistan's west and Afghanistan's east is full of minerals, and attracting foreign investment is vital

After the Turkish company $1bln fine this is the second save by IK govt in just three years. Both Turk and TCC cases were lost and fines imposed during the PMLn tenure and NS regime. Just like the foreign debt and economic mess, PTI is cleaning this up as well.

So in summary NS govt left us with $6bln fine and 25% share. The PTI govt not only saved the country from $6bln fine but also doubled Pakistans share to 50%.

@Pakistan Space Agency
@FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

Last edited:
I agree with you. The person who negotiated for just 25% must have been an idiot.

50% is a lot better. But Pakistan still deserves more. It is our natural resources at stake here!
Remember that foreign investment will create local jobs (instead of leaving it undeveloped but 100% under local hands). These wage earners can be taxed as well as the foreign corporate profits. It will generate guaranteed forex and will encourage more foreign investment. Mineral sector in Pakistan has much more potential. Return is way more then 50%.

Based on some crude calcs the mine is going to produce about $1.3 billion worth of minerals a year.
It could be worth at least $260 billion.

We're giving 50% away to a foreign company.

Its fucking criminal.
Stop being Dr shahid masood

Another angle we need to look at is that Afghanistan may be opening up for business after. And Pakistan is the one with relations and influence in Afghanistan. I wont be surprised if Pakistan enters into joint ventures with TCC for Afghanistan mines as well. Pakistan could be a good secure base for industrial processing of Afghanistan mines as well, and with Army’s involvement they could provide them ‘cover’ and make things happen.

The best IK and government can do is ONCE AGAIN try to clean up the shit the lanats pmln and PPP supporters and their masters have created for Pakistan

But this need to be negative

If lower down industries can be developed

Pakistan's west and Afghanistan's east is full of minerals, and attracting foreign investment is vital
Screenshot_20220113-002951_Twitter.jpg

Another angle we need to look at is that Afghanistan may be opening up for business after. And Pakistan is the one with relations and influence in Afghanistan. I wont be surprised if Pakistan enters into joint ventures with TCC for Afghanistan mines as well. Pakistan could be a good secure base for industrial processing of Afghanistan mines as well, and with Army’s involvement they could provide them ‘cover’ and make things happen.
I think the best bet would be to grow a Pakistani mining services industry around the Reko Diq operation. As the services industry becomes more established over a few years, these enterprises can participate in international ventures in collaboration with partners (e.g. in Afghanistan). The services piece of precious metal mining is a huge part of the value chain.
Basically I think it’s great that the Pakistan government managed to secure a 50% slice of the current pie, but now it should focus on actually increasing the size of the overall pie itself.

Back
Top Bottom