What's new

Major boost to Defence Manufacturing in India as GE brings advanced 3-D printing tech to India

Chanakya's_Chant

Reaction score
Country
India
GE brings advanced 3-D printing tech to India, sets up plant in Pune
GE.jpg

In a first for manufacturing in India, engine, turbines and jets fitted with 3-D printed parts will come out of the new advanced manufacturing plant of GE India at Chakan, Pune
In a first for manufacturing in India, engine, turbines and jets fitted with 3-D printed parts will come out of the new advanced manufacturing plant of GE India at Chakan, Pune. GE is globally investing resources and people in 3-D printing and this is expected to play a big role in manufacturing at GE in future. 3-D printing is used in creating parts, components, models and prototypes.

The company has installed the first 3-D printing machine at the Chakan plant, Thomas Mitchell, GM, supply chain, distributed power, GE Power & Water, said. The plant will be opened formally later this year. 3-D printing or additive manufacturing is used to print three-dimensional solid objects from a digital mode.

We will start with plastics (printing plastic parts) and then get into metal parts/ components, said Thomas Mitchell .

GE is investing $200 million in the manufacturing facility. This will be the first multi-modal industry manufacturing facility catering to the needs of its diverse business from power to aviation to transportation to healthcare from the same manufacturing facility.

Source:-
GE brings advanced 3-D printing tech to India, sets up plant in Pune - Financial Express

I'm still not buying into the whole 3d-printing hype.

You are old school , i know . Give it some time old man you will get on quite well. :lol:

Man you should really read the endless possibilities of 3-D printing. I am shocked to know that India is way behind in 3D printing game.

3d printer is a rapid prototyping tool...you think of a design and want to see it physically just print it out. Its not just about printing plastics anymore. You can print in metal ceramic and even organic matter. Its being deployed already to print skin, ears, nose etc. It has endless possibilities limited only by our imagination.

You are old school , i know . Give it some time old man you will get on quite well. :lol:

Man you should really read the endless possibilities of 3-D printing. I am shocked to know that India is way behind in 3D printing game.

Yeah we are way behind and the technology is moving forward very rapidly. I want to build one but I am out of time and funds for now.

3d printer is a rapid prototyping tool...you think of a design and want to see it physically just print it out. Its not just about printing plastics anymore. You can print in metal ceramic and even organic matter. Its being deployed already to print skin, ears, nose etc. It has endless possibilities limited only by our imagination.

Yeah we are way behind and the technology is moving forward very rapidly. I want to build one but I am out of time and funds for now.

what kind of money are we talking about ?

what kind of money are we talking about ?

I have invested 25k in my autonomus quadcopter and its going to take me some time to finish it as well.

Well the electronics for a 3d printer wont be expensive but it will need an investment of 15-20k initially. Which can be brought down eventually.

I have invested 25k in my autonomus quadcopter and its going to take me some time to finish it as well.

Well the electronics for a 3d printer wont be expensive but it will need an investment of 15-20k initially. Which can be brought down eventually.

what are we looking at , i mean kind of things it can print ?

10-20 K inr is pretty low , you mean INR or USD ?

Back
Top Bottom