What's new

Maj-General Akhtar Malik and the 1965 Debacle

aND why have all the indians fled from this thread? I c no indians their.

B'coz You , Windjammer and Dekingraj have made it a 'personal' thread for yourselves , hehe :cheers:

Last edited:
These depressing debacles make and break the history of a nation, just like in 1971, the same culprit Yayha Khan was asked to let General Tika go and implement his military strategy, had General Tika been left in charge of the war Sector, the out come may very well have been different. But i guess you learn from your history implement it in present and prepare for the future.

It is clear who was the aggressor and who provokes India to give a response that creates history.

Pakistan can find the most opportune moment to strike India but when India strikes, that will be the opportune moment to create history and change geopolitics for decades.

:cheers:

It is clear who was the aggressor and who provokes India to give a response that creates history.

Pakistan can find the most opportune moment to strike India but when India strikes, that will be the opportune moment to create history and change geopolitics for decades.

Well, Pakistan did learn a lot from 1971 debacle.In fact it changed the mindset of all Pakistanis.We know we had to do something.We just cannot let 1971 happen all over again and hence Pakistan got nuclear weapons and improved conventional strength at an unprecedented rate.
While India can strike again now to try to change geopolitics for decades but in the end Pakistan will strike back should it's integrity is threatened and India will be nuclear waste land for decades.All the jingosism and super power dreams will indeed become wet dreams..Sorry radioactive dreams.

Patriot i have to disagree...this time if we feel threatened it will be us who will attack.....thts our doctrine.....OFFENSIVE DEFFENCE...Zarmb e Momin and Azm e Nau are link of tht offensive defence doctorine

Funny how it is our own that allowed Indians the chance to save themselves, imagine if General Malik had been allowed to stay on and move into Akhnoor, he would have taken Jammu and Kashmir.

Alas it was not meant to be, but rest assured, he have proven that we have the talent and audacity to face a larger stronger foe. We have done this in the past and today with we can still give a bloody nose to anyone who dares to take any misadventure.

Patriot i have to disagree...this time if we feel threatened it will be us who will attack.....thts our doctrine.....OFFENSIVE DEFFENCE...Zarmb e Momin and Azm e Nau are link of tht offensive defence doctorine
Yeah dude i know that.The guy was just trolling hence such a response.He was just trying to flame Pakistani Members.These type of retards have their heads far deep their *****.They don't realize that 1971 and today's Pakistan is totally different.Our Armed Forces are so strong today that India just cannot win any war with us.It can either end as a stalemate or full out nuclear war.So we better stick to proxy wars like US and USSR were.All India can do is cry and ask other countries to put cap on our nuclear weapons (Indian Army Chief Statement) At any rate, we're getting stronger day by day.India had the ability to attack us in 1999-2002 but after that the window is gone and they can't do **** now.These people think they can repeat 71.Hope they continue to think like that they're in for ugly surprise.

Last edited:
Funny how it is our own that allowed Indians the chance to save themselves, imagine if General Malik had been allowed to stay on and move into Akhnoor, he would have taken Jammu and Kashmir.

Alas it was not meant to be, but rest assured, he have proven that we have the talent and audacity to face a larger stronger foe. We have done this in the past and today with we can still give a bloody nose to anyone who dares to take any misadventure.

Remember, India was weak after a massive defeat against China in 1962. This was 1965. The seeds of mistrust sown by 1965 costed Pakistan dearly. Imagination, yes I can. But I also imagine of a strong India, Pakistan and Iran to form an economic block that can rival Europe's prosperity. Imagine if Indian forces were given a free hand in 1971 and the international pressure was sustained for a few more weeks. What would happen to Pakistan.

Imagination cannot change anything. Reality today is ->
Inspite of wars the physical boundaries have remained unchanged since the 1950s for India. Same is not the case for Pakistan.

Remember, India was weak after a massive defeat against China in 1962. This was 1965. The seeds of mistrust sown by 1965 costed Pakistan dearly. Imagination, yes I can. But I also imagine of a strong India, Pakistan and Iran to form an economic block that can rival Europe's prosperity. Imagine if Indian forces were given a free hand in 1971 and the international pressure was sustained for a few more weeks. What would happen to Pakistan.

Inspite of wars the physical boundaries have remained unchanged since the 1950s for India. Same is not the case for Pakistan.
Well you learned your lesson in 62 and we learned our's in 71..I don't think i need to count how many indian soldiers have died in Indo-Pak Proxy war..Fact is that era is long gone.Pakistan have the ability to strike indian both overtly and covertly.

Yeah dude i know that.The guy was just trolling hence such a response.He was just trying to flame Pakistani Members.These type of retards have their heads far deep their *****.
They don't realize that 1971 and today's Pakistan is totally different.
Our Armed Forces are so strong today that India just cannot win any war with us.It can either end as a stalemate or full out nuclear war.So we better stick to proxy wars like US and USSR were.All India can do is cry and ask other countries to put cap on our nuclear weapons (Indian Army Chief Statement) At any rate, we're getting stronger day by day.India had the ability to attack us in 1999-2002 but after that the window is gone and they can't do **** now.These people think they can repeat 71.Hope they continue to think like that they're in for ugly surprise.

Nobody has remained static and neither is India what it was in 1965. Use of expletives if you can't counter a logical response shows you are not ready to play the game by the rules.

If you want to scare me off with all the C*AP you have written, go ahead give it another shot.

Well you learned your lesson in 62 and we learned our's in 71..I don't think i need to count how many indian soldiers have died in Indo-Pak Proxy war..Fact is that era is long gone.Pakistan have the ability to strike indian both overtly and covertly.

Good. That is needed for regional stability. Aggression from now on will cost each other a million people at least.

Another reality you forgot to mention is that we hold a big chunk of your state Kashmir, the difference between kashmir and bangladesh is that bangladesh is not attached to us physically, however Kashmir is attached to you but we hold a part of it and we even gifted some of it to our friend China.

I also like your plan of a United Asia, if europe can do it after fighting for centuries, we can also get along.

Ramu solve kashmir if u want to see such a block or unity,peace and stability in this region....without kashmirs solution nothin is going to change...we just have one issue....we even try to forget wat happened in 71......but solve kashmir.Until then nothing.
Peace

Nobody has remained static and neither is India what it was in 1965. Use of expletives if you can't counter a logical response shows you are not ready to play the game by the rules.

If you want to scare me off with all the C*AP you have written, go ahead give it another shot.
Well regardless of how much strong India is now.It cannot attack Pakistan again.2001 you Army went on hiking and your soldiers pissed on borders for 1 year and could not wage war.Hell you loost 500~600 soldiers just there without any war then mumbai attack what could you do..zilch nada nothing.I'll believe it when i see it.So as far as i think you are nothing more then cry babies going to USA and crying about 14 f-16.s

Back
Top Bottom