What's new

Mahindra's Five-Seat Aircraft To Launch Soon

I am very happy seeing private players comes in this field. Basically we have talent but you know how government organizations work, they are not very efficient. So having private players will help us a lot.

Any updates on this project??

upload_2014-2-26_0-16-26.jpeg

mahindra2.jpg

mahindra3.jpg

mahindra7.jpg

mahindra5.jpg

jVYRFBF.jpg

• Total built up area of site: 25, 000 sq. m. (250, 000 sq. ft.)
  • Fully automated special processing line
Special Processing:
  • Chromic Sulphuric acid Anodising
  • Tartaric Sulphuric acid Anodising
  • Boric Sulphuric acid Anodising
  • Alodine
  • NDT - Fluorescent penetrant inspection
  • Primer & Painting
Heat treatment:
  • Annealing
  • Solutionizing
  • Aging oven
Sheet metal:
  • CNC router
  • Auto de-burring
  • Press forming
  • CNC press brake
  • Skin andextrusion stretch forming
Machining:
  • 5-axis CNC
  • CMM
  • Assembly area: 9, 500 sq. m. (95, 000 sq. ft.)
  • IT systems for business processes:SAP system

Recently opened up a massive plant in Bangalore.

What is the name of the 8 seater version aircraft and what is its status??
IS Mahindra also devloping 14 seater version??

And i have one question about NCA progranm also.NAL is devloping two version(turboprop and turbofan) or only one version i.e. turboprop version??

@Water Car Engineer @kurup anyone??

Last edited:
@jarves

Actually, not sure about the status of this aircraft. I just assumed that it's ready considering that they opened up that plant. But I think they're producing small airplanes from the Australian company they bought out right now.

Me and you are equally informed about the NCA program. So someone better can answer that.

And i have one question about NCA progranm also.NAL is devloping two version(turboprop and turbojet) or only one version i.e. turboprop version??

However, what is really baffling is the news that NAL would produce seven prototypes with not only different airframe designs but also with different power plants including turboprops and turbofans.

NAL to Build a 90-Seater - SP's Aviation

However, what is really baffling is the news that NAL would produce seven prototypes with not only different airframe designs but also with different power plants including turboprops and turbofans.

NAL to Build a 90-Seater - SP's Aviation

Bhatia saheb , those prototypes are there for testing a single design and certify its for airworthiness.

A design bureau has been set up to undertake design and development of the plane, called the National Civil Aircraft (NCA-90). A total of seven prototypes are proposed to be developed to prove the design and demonstrate compliance with respect to airworthiness requirements and certification.

Bhatia saheb , those prototypes are there for testing a single design and certify its for airworthiness.
Are you trying to say that they will certify the turboprob version for certification of turbofan version or vice versa??
Sounds so stupid to me.

Are you trying to say that they will certify the turboprob version for certification of turbofan version or vice versa??
Sounds so stupid to me.
No I am trying to say, one design will be tested using 7 prototypes. They may test both the turboprop and turbofan at the same time, in that case 3-4 protoypes per design. Its similar to what they are currently doing with saras using three prototypes

Back
Top Bottom