What's new

Mahesh Bhatt's 'Arth' to be remade in Pakistan

agamdilawari

Reaction score
Country
India
Kavita%26Pooja%26Inder.png

Pakistani actor-director Shaan takes up project; cast and crew to have Indian faces

An adaptation of Mahesh Bhatt's Arth, directed by Pakistani actor-director Shaan, may well become the first Indo-Pakistan film to be shot in Pakistan.

Bhatt told us, "I got a call from Shaan seeking permission to adapt the film. I informed the film's producer Kuljit Pal. Since it's not a commercial transaction but an emotional one, there's no money involved."

He added that they were "decent (sic) to seek a formal go-ahead from the author".

Bhatt film regular Shagufta Rafique will script the film. She said, "As the film is going to be based in Pakistan, we will cast Pakistani girls. Apart from writing, I will also be involved in the casting of the film.''

She leaves for Pakistan next week for the auditions.

Indian actors would also feature in the film, said the writer, adding that most would be from Pakistan. "All the technicians, however, will be from India."

"Shaan will reprise the role played by Kulbhushan Kharbanda in the original,'' she confirmed.

Mahesh Bhatt's 'Arth' to be remade in Pakistan - The Times of India

*Its a cult classic and heavily awarded Bollywood film of 80s. Hopefully it'll be dealt well.

After following a numerous threads and thousands of posts here on PDF, I started believing Pakistani hate Bollywood and are avid follower of Hollywood. So who is doing this kuffar of remaking Hindu Baniya movie in Pakistan?

After following a numerous threads and thousands of posts here on PDF, I started believing Pakistani hate Bollywood and are avid follower of Hollywood. So who is doing this kuffar of remaking Hindu Baniya movie in Pakistan?

"Hatthi ke daant...." need not say anymore :P.

revival of Pakistani cinema??
:laughcry:
Yea, why is that funny? i have seen trailers of upcoming movies, totally different approach, looking good.

*Its a cult classic and heavily awarded Bollywood film of 80s. Hopefully it'll be dealt well.
Bolly has butchered countless Pakistani songs so....yea
The composer should hang himself

Last edited by a moderator:
People who laugh on bollywood one time they should watch movie like Arth, Saraansh, Machis etc. Mahesh Bhatt made fantastic movies in their early carreer but now his movies makes me:sick:

Indians seem too much worry about what pakistani are doing..Pakistani x singer singing for bolly,Pakistani x actress/actor got debut in bolly; pakistani director/actor remaking bolly .pakistan banned x y bolly movies etc etc.so what is so special about such news..dont you guys find anything else to discuss in member club beside bolly and lolly

Yea, why is that funny? i have seen trailers of upcoming movies, totally different approach, looking good.

For your information Biddu (Indian born UK based) was the producer of the Disco Diwane original album which is now owned by HMV.

For your information Biddu (Indian born UK based) was the producer of the Disco Diwane original album which is now owned by HMV.

Again it doesnt make tht album indian coz a british guy of indian origin produced it.. also there are a zillion Pakistani songs india has copied n is still copyin..

and....? does it make it indian? It would have been ok if they hadn't put nazia's voice in it, here is more recent example.

and....? does it make it indian? It would have been ok if they hadn't put nazia's voice in it, here is more recent example.

For Disco Deewane "Karan Johar used the song in his 2012 movie Student of the Year, after licensing the song from Sa Re Ga Ma which is owned by HMV" Gotcha ?

Regarding Jugni...

The makers have bought the rights of a famous Punjabi song "Alif Allah (Jugni)" (This song is about the praise of Allah, Islamic prophet Muhammad and other Khalifs), originally sung and popularised by Pakistani Punjabi folk singer Arif Lohar,[50] which has been revised.

Jugni is not a Pakistani song if u are unaware. Its a folk song sung by numerous artist from both Pakistani & Indian Punjab side. Rights for that particular composition was anyways bought as specified earlier. Go check out various versions of Jugni by many Indian artist on Youtube.

The original arth was a masterpiece . wonder how the remake will turn out. usually in bollywood the remakes do not come out well.

Back
Top Bottom