What's new

'Mahatma Gandhi is my hero', says Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gandhi wrote letters to Hilter and called his friend. He also told him that he admired him and gave him advice on how ot deal with the British. He told him that “friend” was not just a salutation, but he really meant it. He advised the Jews to commit mass suicide.

“We have no doubt about your bravery or devotion to your fatherland, nor do we believe that you are the monster described by your opponents.” Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi of India to Adolph Hitler of Germany

Mohandas Gandhi described an African tribe as “Only a degree removed from the animal.” Also, “Kaffirs are as a rule uncivilized – the convicts even more so. They are troublesome, very dirty and live almost like animals.” – Mar. 7, 1908 (Reference: CWMG, Vol VIII, pp. 135-136) Mohandas Gandhi’s description of black inmates. [Kaffirs are a tribe in South Africa]

http://img233.imageshack.us/i/1939585goodquote0.jpg/:rofl:

Mahatma Gandhi:Hypocrite .
*His racist attitudes toward blacks and whites was somewhat well known.
*He deferred to the Nazis.
*August 1942,Gandhi and his wife,Kasturba were imprisoned by the British.
She developed bronchial pneumonia,her son,Devadas wanted her to take
penicillin,Gandhi refused it.He insisted that she use traditional remedies,like
water from the Ganges river.
*He is quoted in "The Life And Death Of Mahatma Gandhi,"on Feb 19,1944:
"If God wills it,he will pull her through."
The book "Gandhi:A Life,quotes him further:"You cannot cure your mother now,no matter what wonder drugs you may muster.She is in God's hands now."
*After 3 days,Devadas still wanted penicillin for his dying mother,Gandhi again
refused it for his wife."Why don't you trust God?" he asked his son.
His wife ,and mother of his children died on that very day.
*He told one of the doctors that it wouldn't have worked anyways.And that allowing
it "Would have meant the bankruptcy of my faith."
*No less than three weeks later,Gandhi came down with a wicked case of malaria,
he took the drug quinine,and quickly recovered. :blah::blah:

ek kabir ka doha zehan mein aata hai...
"Bura Jo Dekhan Main Chala, Bura Naa Milya Koye
Jo Munn Khoja Apnaa, To Mujhse Bura Naa Koye"

there were things he did that most people can't do in a lifetime...when you try do find flaws...even the greatest would appear satanic.

There is no need to prove any tom dick and whoever wrong. Gandhi is what he is because of his actions which far more knowledgable people than you have understood for a far more longer period of time. Any one can pick up bits of information out of context and twist it to suit his version of history. How ever since you seem to be hell bent on denouncing him as a person, no one can make you understand so best of luck with your ignorance. :wave:

Btw I do hope these gems of information of yours isnt standard on texts of Pakistani schools.

LOL i guess now that you have come to the defence of a hypocrite and called me names i should get scared and stop talking the truth all i asked is to prove it wrong the best you can come up with IS CALLING NAMES WOW :what:
I hope in india they teach more then if u cant answer call them names is not a standered but from the looks of it it is.

ek kabir ka doha zehan mein aata hai...
"Bura Jo Dekhan Main Chala, Bura Naa Milya Koye
Jo Munn Khoja Apnaa, To Mujhse Bura Naa Koye"

there were things he did that most people can't do in a lifetime...when you try do find flaws...even the greatest would appear satanic.

SOme people are so desperate to make heros of any thing they will call it amazing things yet no one is sharing any thing but name calling

LOL i guess now that you have come to the defence of a hypocrite and called me names i should get scared and stop talking the truth all i asked is to prove it wrong the best you can come up with IS CALLING NAMES WOW :what:
I hope in india they teach more then if u cant answer call them names is not a standered but from the looks of it it is.

There is no name calling there bro, just pointed out you seem to know a lot less than you portray and most of it is biased by hate.

WHY YOU SO JEALOUS BECAUSE NOBODY CALL M.A. JINNAH A HERO.

OBAMA IS NOT THE FIRST GUY CALL HIM A HERO.

HE IS NOT ONLY A NATIONAL HERO BUT INTERNATIONAL TOO.

YOU GUYS ARE DISEASE FOR WORLD.

FED UP OF THIS FORUM,CHANGE THE NAME OF FORUM TO PROPAGANDA DEFENCE FORUM(PDF), BETTER SUTE TO THIS FORUM.

SOme people are so desperate to make heros of any thing they will call it amazing things yet no one is sharing any thing but name calling

That includes Obama..martin luther king...Nelson mandela...
or maybe you are a greater visionary...you might have seen it all through and through..right?

No one can hide the truth,Mahatma Gandhi was an international icon,he is an international icon and he will be an international icon, no one can change it.

I wasnt aware that ridiculous insults against the father of the Indian nation is allowed in this forum Cheetah786. I wonder, how would you react if similar insults are hurled at the founder of the Pakistani state.

As far as your allegations are concerned, if they were really true, do you really think that Martin Luther King - An African American and a Civil rights activist would have considered Gandhi as his inspiration?

That includes Obama..martin luther king...Nelson mandela...
or maybe you are a greater visionary...you might have seen it all through and through..right?

No he also has idols like Aurangzeb who was responsible for imposing jiziya as well as forceful conversions who executed sikhs, then idol slayer Ghuari, Mahmood Ghaznavi.

Gandhi followed the path of non violence so he was a hypocrite and these all personalities were the greatest.:hitwall:

Great going brother... Good job.... :pakistan:

Uncle Sam wants your money
he will say/do any thing to get it.

They did it once with east india company,
they will find one more way to do it again.

This is the truth.

One weakness Indians have is they like to be praised and shun criticism. To know one's own weakness and to guard against it is important.

Jai Hind my Indian friends.

Maybe Martin Luther King Jr too might had a vision half a century ago about India's MMRCA deal and decided to praise and follow the footsteps of Mahatma Gandhi and his nonviolance movement, so that Indian may like it and approve the MMRCA deal right?:rolleyes:

King only wanted to priase Gandhi and please Indians, finally somehow ends up inspiring and liberating black community in US which eventually lead Obama to what he is today.:lol:

Gandhi wrote letters to Hilter and called his friend. He also told him that he admired him and gave him advice on how ot deal with the British. He told him that “friend” was not just a salutation, but he really meant it.

“We have no doubt about your bravery or devotion to your fatherland, nor do we believe that you are the monster described by your opponents.” Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi of India to Adolph Hitler of Germany

Context. Gandhiji wrote two letters to Hitler. The key takeaways are:

--The first one was in 1939. The second in 1940.
--In 1939 no one, not the US not the UK, knew the extent of Hitler's persecution of Jews, or anyone else. This is a historical fact.
--There were statesmen round the world trying to dissuade Hitler from a policy of aggression.
-- Gandhiji's 'monster quote' is to be taken in that context.
--In his 1940 letter he wrote (to Hitler): " "Hence we cannot possibly wish success to your arms."

History in the News: Gandhi's Letter to Hitler

He advised the Jews to commit mass suicide.

Context.

Hitler," Gandhi said, "killed five million Jews. It is the greatest crime of our time. But the Jews should have offered themselves to the butcher's knife. They should have thrown themselves into the sea from cliffs… It would have aroused the world and the people of Germany… As it is they succumbed anyway in their millions."

Gandhiji, I believe was being naive in his solution. He was not being racist, as seems to be the imputation.

Mohandas Gandhi described an African tribe as “Only a degree removed from the animal.” Also, “Kaffirs are as a rule uncivilized – the convicts even more so. They are troublesome, very dirty and live almost like animals.” – Mar. 7, 1908 (Reference: CWMG, Vol VIII, pp. 135-136) Mohandas Gandhi’s description of black inmates. [Kaffirs are a tribe in South Africa]

Yes, there is reason to believe that Gandhiji began his early years with all the prejudices of people of that age; in short he had the prejudices of many people of his time. He did outgrow many of them; by 1909 he was advocating satyagraha for Black people in South Africa. He had black friends and acquaintances.

Could he have been a better man? Absolutely. But was he the utter racist that he was accused of being? Not by the standards of his time. But this was one area in which he did not fully evolve by today's standards.

In sum, a man is judged by his successes and failures. It is easy to pick a few instances from the tapestry of a man's life and paint him as evil, stupid, an utter moron.

But there has to be context and weighing of a life as a whole. Gandhiji was a very mortal man; where he failed he failed miserably.
But where he succeeded, he succeeded beyond the scope and dreams of mere mortals.

How you pakistani can forget that Mahatma Gandhi was the man who went on fasting against Indian Congress. people did not wanted to give pakistan few carore rupee and he went on fasting to get you those money and as always he was successful.

Well.....these "some" people includes USA, UK, SA, India etc. etc. ...:blah:
And yes!!...what did you say....make heroes of anything!!....wow..this is truly hillariuos. you started name calling to father of our nation and now you are still stuck to it..:angry: This is sad. We understand you don't like India but your jealeousy is simply spectacular.

I expected some more meaningful post from a senior member. By the way, you still did not let me know how your post (infact rant) is connected to the thread....:tsk:

Indians today are nothing like their Gandhi.

The only Indian that is like Gandhi is Arundhati Roy.

98534a84a3595efe8e0dc0ab2215fa3b.jpg

Kashmir needs freedom from India: Arundhati Roy - India - NEWS - The Times of India

God bless her for speaking the truth and for supporting the Kashmiri people.

GANDHI EXPOSED!

The half-black Obama obviously doesn't know much about what Gandhi thinks of his people! LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom