What's new

MAHABHARAT ! The greatest Epic of the Subcontinent on TV, 21st Century Style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched few episodes of new Mahabharat. Got to say... nowhere close to BR Chopra's one. Some of the castings in that series is irreplaceable... like lord krishna, bhishma, shakuni & all that!

At least, some facts are true.

Shakuni, my favorite character:D, was from Afghanistan and Karna was the king of Bengal.

Gandhara only contained a small part of Afghanistan it was a region north of Rawalpindi, while Anga was mainly in Bihar.

People need to make new Mahabharata as believable as possible. In TN we see a dubbed version and its all right. But its more dramatic than usual ( I have a full downloaded BR Chopra Mahabharata with subs) and we should really compare the characters of both.
Those days moustache was a symbol of manhood, strength. These modern day heroes have no moustaches, beards, chest hair etc.

Gandhara only contained a small part of Afghanistan it was a region north of Rawalpindi, while Anga was mainly in Bihar.

Yup, Vanga was the kingdom that was in today's Bengal(the name Bengal or Bongo comes from Vanga)

During the Kurukshetra War, Karna was the Anga-Raja while Bhagadatta was the Vanga-Raja.

People need to make new Mahabharata as believable as possible. In TN we see a dubbed version and its all right. But its more dramatic than usual ( I have a full downloaded BR Chopra Mahabharata with subs) and we should really compare the characters of both.
Those days moustache was a symbol of manhood, strength. These modern day heroes have no moustaches, beards, chest hair etc.

Spot on. I was eagerly looking forward for this new version & as per the hype created this was suppose to be the most expensive tv series till date. After watching few episodes, have to say I was disappointed. You always tend to compare with the old version...& that was much better than the present one.

Yup, Vanga was the kingdom that was in today's Bengal(the name Bengal or Bongo comes from Vanga)

During the Kurukshetra War, Karna was the Anga-Raja while Bhagadatta was the Vanga-Raja.

Bhagadatta was from Pragjyotishpur(Assam). Three Kingdoms Vanga, Pundra and Suhma lied in Bengal region.

Spot on. I was eagerly looking forward for this new version & as per the hype created this was suppose to be the most expensive tv series till date. After watching few episodes, have to say I was disappointed. You always tend to compare with the old version...& that was much better than the present one.

That old Bhisma went on to become Shaktimaan :D

Last edited:
Old Characters were rustic,,,Now all Polished,,lot of VFX,,,,full on drama,,,ekta kapoor types,,,
They even make Draupadi & Sita look HOT,,,,People wwud be wanting Dushasan to pull her Saree off,,,& krishna arrive in the scene as late as possible....

I found new Mahabharat more dramatic like Ekta Kapoor serials. Old one by BR Chopra is still the best following the original narrative from the Epic with lively characters.

Old Characters were rustic,,,Now all Polished,,lot of VFX,,,,full on drama,,,ekta kapoor types,,,
They even make Draupadi & Sita look HOT,,,,People wwud be wanting Dushasan to pull her Saree off,,,& krishna arrive in the scene as late as possible....
Sita? where did she come from in Mahabharat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom