What's new

Made in KSA

KACST says it has developed the TKF500 turbofan engine with a foreign partner and did not name the company but a looks at the engine's name it is with the Brazilian company Turbomachine..

Jet engine technology is one of the vital strategic areas in the aerospace sector. This project aims to build a TKF-500 TurboFAN turbocharged engine with a thrust of 5.35kN and the transfer of related technologies to contribute to the objectives of the National Transformation 2020 program, one of the Saudi Vision 2030 programs.

Through the project, a wide range of work is carried out, such as conceptual design and specification development based on the desired requirements leading to the initial and final design, including 2D, 3D and 3D modeling and analysis, manufacturing and assembly, and finally testing the engine at the testing facility. The project also includes the design and manufacture of the electronic control unit specially for the TKF-500 engine. The engine is characterized by a new Tandem Blades Axial Compressor, a new and promising patented technology in the jet engine, which can achieve a higher pressure rate of 1: 2.3 per phase compared to conventional air compressors, which has a pressure rate of 1 : 1.6 per stage. A Test Cell test facility will be built within the Kingdom according to the latest specifications and standards.

project18-102-7.jpg

do.php

Last edited:
KACST says it has developed the TKF500 turbofan engine with a foreign partner and did not name the company but a looks at the engine's name it is with the Brazilian company Turbomachine..

Jet engine technology is one of the vital strategic areas in the aerospace sector. This project aims to build a TKF-500 TurboFAN turbocharged engine with a thrust of 5.35kN and the transfer of related technologies to contribute to the objectives of the National Transformation 2020 program, one of the Saudi Vision 2030 programs.

Through the project, a wide range of work is carried out, such as conceptual design and specification development based on the desired requirements leading to the initial and final design, including 2D, 3D and 3D modeling and analysis, manufacturing and assembly, and finally testing the engine at the testing facility. The project also includes the design and manufacture of the electronic control unit specially for the TKF-500 engine. The engine is characterized by a new Tandem Blades Axial Compressor, a new and promising patented technology in the jet engine, which can achieve a higher pressure rate of 1: 2.3 per phase compared to conventional air compressors, which has a pressure rate of 1 : 1.6 per stage. A Test Cell test facility will be built within the Kingdom according to the latest specifications and standards.

project18-102-7.jpg
I found the link for the website called TurboMachine.com http://www.turbomachine.com.br do you know uses the turbofan engine has? 1200 pounds of thrust I see that saudi Arabia could make their own drone or Cruise missile with fairly high speed. The SOM missile has a maximum thrust of 800 so this turbofan is significantly more powerful. Great development for Saudi Arabia.

I found the link for the website called TurboMachine.com http://www.turbomachine.com.br do you know uses the turbofan engine has? 1200 pounds of thrust I see that saudi Arabia could make their own drone or Cruise missile with fairly high speed. The SOM missile has a maximum thrust of 800 so this turbofan is significantly more powerful. Great development for Saudi Arabia.
They could also get TOT for the smaller turbojets such as 200 lbs of thrust one. They could achieve a good missile and Drone manufacturing indigenously or make weapons under license.

Yes it is for drones and cruise missiles..
Saudi Arabia has already developed an engine similar to the Turkish one working on SOM:

3.5kN (787lbf)
project16-41.jpg

As well as smaller ones:
Jetcat-Sizes1.jpg

KJ80 - JetCat

project16-39.jpg

P80-SE.png

This project is the development and manufacture of a KJ80-JetCat turbocharger. The KJ80-JetCat engine has a maximum thrust of 97 N or 9.9 kg, so it is suitable to propel small air vehicles weighing between 8 kg and 15 kg, such as UAVs, air targets or guided missiles. Like any other jet engine, this engine consists of an air intake, an air compressor, a combustion chamber, a turbine, and an exhaust pipe. With the following technical specifications: • Maximum thrust: 97N. • Maximum circulation: 125000 rolls per minute. • Engine weight: 1.36 kg. • Engine dimensions: length 300 mm, 112 mm. The importance of this project is that it gives the ability to produce and develop a jet engine later, and to achieve self-sufficiency in this class of turbo engines, as well as for other categories and types of engines..

KJ200 - JetCat
1-0.png

The new design incorporates a perfect compressor and diffuser, leading to high engine performance and reliability. It also includes a high-quality control system that allows the engine's power supply to be stopped before the engine is calmed down, and when the cooling is complete the control system will shut down automatically. The K 200 JetCat engine has a maximum thrust of 230 N or 23.5 kg, so it is suitable to propel small air vehicles weighing no more than 20 kg, such as drones, air targets or guided missiles. • Maximum driving power: 230 Nt. • Maximum circulation: 112,000 revolutions per minute. • Engine weight: 2.37 kg. • Engine dimensions: length 350 mm, diameter 132 mm. • Objective of the project: • Raising the engineering capacity of the center. • Excellence in design. • Performance control. • Development of electronic control unit (ECU)..

You can take a look at this.. it is quite interesting!
https://www.kacst.edu.sa/arb/rd/pages/content.aspx?dID=69

Last edited:
Nice man. I want to work their as a defence engineer but I don't think I can because I don't speak enough Arabic and they are peculiar about who they hire. Saudi Nationals have preference. Honestly it's kind of stupid because a lot of their nationals are lazy. I have a lot of ideas and knowledge but those rules are stupid. Wish me luck in the future.
The youth are not lazy at all.. most are highly educated and motivated to work..
There are many foreigners working in KSA, it goes with competence and the value they bring to the country..
I think you will have a good chance if you come up with a sound and valuable project that goes in line with the Saudi Vision 2030..

I have a few. Would producing service rifles and small arms indigenously be apart of Saudi vision 2030? I also have ideas for ATGM's and grenade launchers. I don't know how I could make a company over there also. I'm sorry about asuming their lazy but many people say that when they where there the nationals acted lazy and said "oh we don't speak English". Do you think I could work in SAMI? Do I need Arabic? I can read and write but my speaking is bad. Would I have to propose ideas to them? Like presentations? I'm rather young so I would have to get a degree and that would be 2026 already. Thank you for answering my questions. Do you know how to do private chat?
For that you need to contact SAMI.. they have a website..

All right And why have you not tryed to be one? Don't like the job?
I am living in Canada.. and have been here for a long time..I have contributed in KSA when I could..
I would also like to keep discussions out of this thread, it is strictly made for what is being made in KSA.. and sorry brother.. I do not have much time to chat.. I told you already what you can do at the best of my knowledge..
cheers

I am living in Canada.. and have been here for a long time..I have contributed in KSA when I could..
I would also like to keep discussions out of this thread, it is strictly made for what is being made in KSA.. and sorry brother.. I do not have much time to chat.. I told you already what you can do at the best of my knowledge..
cheers
I am deleting my messages. You can delete yours because these things are unrelated to the threads.

Since this is related to this thread what ever happened to the Al-Fahd and Al-Faris 8-400? They looked promising.

Since this is related to this thread what ever happened to the Al-Fahd and Al-Faris 8-400? They looked promising.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bid-welcome-the-saudi-made-tuwaiq-2-and-al-masmak-6x6-mrap.360660/

Al-Fahd did not reach production...Al-Faris was the same as Al-Fahd, it was different in its 6x6 .. they both gave a good technological base for KSA's IFV production..

piranha1-1.jpg

Al-Faris-6x6-Defence-Blog-Angkasa-Review.png

Some say they have been produced.. but not in big quantities
But, for sure they were part of a big R&D project during the 90s..

http://tanknutdave.com/the-saudi-arabian-8x8-wheeled-armoured-personnel-carrier/

Tuwaiq-2 is doing well and being mass produced now.. as well as the establishment of the production line for the JLTV Lockheed Martin with ToT .. This is what KSA is concentrating on right now:

Tuwaiq-2
555-1.jpg

JLTV Lockheed Martin
JLTV_Lockheed_Martin_Joint_Light_Tactical_Vehicle_United_States_001.jpg

Al-masmak
https://www.armyrecognition.com/sau...d_personnel_carrier_technical_data_sheet.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom