What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Doc,

I know you like to cruise around on Royal Enfield but it cannot give you feeling of a cabin, a personal space either when on highway or in city.

My car has cool blue LED's under the dashboard which invites to a smooth,comfortable ride whilst becoming a movable bar :cheers:. Again stress is on personal, mobile space even if you are away from home on a holiday.

Nexon maynot look mini SUV from outside, but in the interior it will satisfy you while opening beers in the cabin. That's one of the most important aspect for me.

Bro, don't get me wrong.

I am a blue blooded Tata boy. Born and brought up. Fiercely loyal.

Just saying what I think as a motorhead.

P.S. I drive a black Safari Storme by the way. :)

I appreciate size and shape and class (simplicity of design aesthetics). Rugged toughness (very important). Handling and performance (I drive a Baleno too). Basically you give me anything and put me on the road (even a cycle), and I will be aggressive, competitive, and race. Lol

Cheers, Doc

Nexon is like the best Tata could do, Global vehicle.

Tata would do well to pump this and some others like it's pick-up and trucks with a big push in Global markets and go electric at God/light speed!

For eg. cross- platform marketing is accepted practice now, Tata must push it through like so. Baby Land Rover? GM, even Chinese brand. This would do wonders for Indian sales.
  • I still don't know why Tata won't source tech. from Land Rover-Jaguar and publicly acknowledge same by slapping a tell tale sub badge on Tata vehicles ... he'll why not outsource entire and legit 'R&D' by way of royalties to their LR-Jag ops. Silly, unless the Brits won't have any of it ...
Sorry, my 2 paise.

Last edited:
Igarashi To Supply Motor Parts To Tesla

(Chennai Based Indian Co) Igarashi would be supplying components to the U.S.-based maker (Tesla) of Model 3 electric car through a vendor, said Mukund in a conference call with analysts on August 3.

Igarashi will be supplying the following products to Tesla:

• Motors for Tesla X’s falcon doors
  • Door lever retractors
  • Motors for steering tilt and column adjustment

Oye ...

Cheers, Doc

How much does it cost? Especially this one with extensions ..............

Tata-Safari-Storme-Modified-at-the-2014-Indonesia-International-Motor-Show-front-quarter.jpg

How much does it cost? Especially this one with extensions ..............

Tata-Safari-Storme-Modified-at-the-2014-Indonesia-International-Motor-Show-front-quarter.jpg

This is some after market kit. Like DC or such. Just for concept display at an auto show.

This one, built to spec for the Swiss, is more my taste (maybe not the color though) .... those ARBs in the front. With a motorized winch. There is a snorkel too for deep water fording, and snow chains with mountain tyres. ARBs at back, with ladder jacks and sand rails would complete an expedition rig for me @DESERT FIGHTER

Geneva_MotorShow_2013_-_Tata_Safari_Storme.jpg

If anything, were I to take my haathi to Ladakh or Tawang (both in my mind), then I'd fit ARB bumpers front and rear. Nothing else. She's 4x2, but I don't plan to do stupid stuff.

Mine was the original very first lot. The newer ones (Varicor400) have a bit more bhp, more torque, not as plush suspension or seats, more advanced clutch, and different engine mapping.

The new one comfortably take a Fortuner on the open highway. And can hassle the new Endy. Which is saying something for an Indian truck that is a third of the price of these imports.

The EX I have cost me approximately 13 lacs on road. The LX was about a lac less. The VX was about 2 lacs more.

Cheers, Doc

Reasonable doc. What are the current prices?

Almost the same. Not even a lac price creep, unlike the Mahindras who are famous for that tactic.

I think the most expensive variant, with 4x4, is some 17-18 lacs now.

Which is laudable considering its now closing on to 5 years of its product lifecycle. That's TATA for you. :tup:

Cheers, Doc

This is some after market kit. Like DC or such. Just for concept display at an auto show.

This one, built to spec for the Swiss, is more my taste (maybe not the color though) .... those ARBs in the front. With a motorized winch. There is a snorkel too for deep water fording, and snow chains with mountain tyres. ARBs at back, with ladder jacks and sand rails would complete an expedition rig for me @DESERT FIGHTER

Geneva_MotorShow_2013_-_Tata_Safari_Storme.jpg

If anything, were I to take my haathi to Ladakh or Tawang (both in my mind), then I'd fit ARB bumpers front and rear. Nothing else. She's 4x2, but I don't plan to do stupid stuff.

Mine was the original very first lot. The newer ones (Varicor400) have a bit more bhp, more torque, not as plush suspension or seats, more advanced clutch, and different engine mapping.

The new one comfortably take a Fortuner on the open highway. And can hassle the new Endy. Which is saying something for an Indian truck that is a third of the price of these imports.

The EX I have cost me approximately 13 lacs on road. The LX was about a lac less. The VX was about 2 lacs more.

Cheers, Doc
Im more of a pick up fan..

My father is buying the new revo to replace our old vigo for hunging and im waiting to hijack it from him...

15203170_2017-toyota-hilux-tonka-concept_tb650cf87.jpg
2017-Toyota-Hilux-Tonka-Concept-top.jpg
Toyota-HiLux_Tonka_Concept-2017-1600-19__800x579.jpg
Toyota-Hilux-Tonka1 (1).jpg
Toyota-Hilux-Tonka1.jpg

Almost the same. Not even a lac price creep, unlike the Mahindras who are famous for that tactic.

I think the most expensive variant, with 4x4, is some 17-18 lacs now.

Which is laudable considering its now closing on to 5 years of its product lifecycle. That's TATA for you. :tup:

Cheers, Doc

That is duties and everything included?

Back
Top Bottom