What's new

Made in India Vehicles

The only indian "vehicles" I like are the customised Enfields..
also scorpio. its awesome cheap and good for indian roads. Roads are messed up here worst u can imagine.

thats the only indian vehicals i everdrove apart from riding a bullet 350 long time back.

Im more of a pick up fan..

My father is buying the new revo to replace our old vigo for hunging and im waiting to hijack it from him...

View attachment 417090 View attachment 417091 View attachment 417092 View attachment 417093 View attachment 417094

Love pickups, but am a middle class family man, and they are not the most "sensible" toys sadly.

Two of the best Indian ones,

The Mahindra Scorpio Getaway (this is the customize one of Gul Panag which she used on her TV show drive to Ladakh or somewhere)

gul-outbound-large.jpg

This is the much classier Tata Xenon (huge number of firangs working in India pick this one up and mod them quite funkily)

1200px-Tata_Xenon.JPG

This is the concept by Tata Motors Australia ...

tuff-truck-concept-1.jpg

The other two we have here (don't know if they are made here) are the Nissan and the Isuzu. So may not be relevant to the thread.

Cheers, Doc

That is duties and everything included?

Duties?

These are made in India bhai. In my city :)

Its a full on Indian vehicle, though admittedly the original Safari's shell design is an old Mercedes one if I am not mistaken. The one which to this day are the official sarkari vehicles of the President and Prime Minister of India's motorcades.

And probably the most popular vehicle on the campaign trail during elections (thanks to its size, toughness, space, comfort, and the fact that it can be armored easily and still be fast).

Yup, these are on road prices I am saying.

Cheers, Doc

Duties?

These are made in India bhai. In my city :)

That is PKR 2.8 million and in this price Honda is selling us BRV (2.4 million), which by the way looks totally different (in a bad way) from its online images.

Majay karo :tup: ..... I have this teenage crush on toyota hilux and up models, but cannot afford .....

That is PKR 2.8 million and in this price Honda is selling us BRV (2.4 million), which by the way looks totally different (in a bad way) from its online images.

Majay karo :tup: ..... I have this teenage crush on toyota hilux and up models, but cannot afford .....

BRV is 9-13 Lacs ex-showroom (Delhi) here. Its hardly an SUV. Its got really poor ground clearance.

Forget the obvious difference in size, space and road presence. The Storme quite comfortably outruns much more expensive imports on the expressway.

Cheers, Doc

BRV is 9-13 Lacs ex-showroom (Delhi) here. Its hardly an SUV. Its got really poor ground clearance.

Forget the obvious difference in size, space and road presence. The Storme quite comfortably outruns much more expensive imports on the expressway.

Cheers, Doc

I was only comparing the prices and how we here are suffering at the hands of motor mafia ...... obviously with help from our government.

I was only comparing the prices and how we here are suffering at the hands of motor mafia ...... obviously with help from our government.

The Storme still somehow loses out to the Mahindra Scorpio in sales (by a large margin) ...

20141111032817_Untitled-4.jpg

Cheers, Doc

P.S. Needless to mention, no offence meant if indeed the BRV is your baby. Its a Honda, and just that name (like Toyota) here makes buyers go weak in the knees and pay way more for the same stuff than what they would expect and in fact demand from our own desi brands.

The Storme still somehow loses out to the Mahindra Scorpio in sales (by a large margin) ...

20141111032817_Untitled-4.jpg

Cheers, Doc

P.S. Needless to mention, no offence meant if indeed the BRV is your baby. Its a Honda, and just that name (like Toyota) here makes buyers go weak in the knees and pay way more for the same stuff than what they would expect and in fact demand from our own desi brands.

No I hate BRV ...................

Storme (in the looks dept) looks more classy and handsome to me than scorpio .............. the performance may be different?

No I hate BRV ...................

Storme (in the looks dept) looks more classy and handsome to me than scorpio .............. the performance may be different?

Both are 2.2 liter turbo diesels.

Both actually use the exact same block (AVL, Austria).

Fuel management one is Delphi the other is Bosch.

Storme (mine) is 140 bhp, new one is 156 bhp. Scorpio is 120 bhp.

Storme (mine) tops out at 180 kmph, the new one is easily 10+ kmph faster (maybe more, unofficially). The Scorpio can hit 170, but is scary past 160.

The Storme has all 4 disc brakes with ABS. The Scorpio has only the front two.

The Storme is a highway mile muncher. Longer legs. The Scorpio is a peppy urban SUV. Thanks mainly to gearing and engine tuning. Shorter legs.

The Storme is much bigger inside than the Scorpio (which is actually an overgrown Jeep). Especially the first two rows, the difference in space, comfort, luxury is massive. Last row seats of the Scorpio actually work and are much better (especially for mid sized adults) than the Storme's (thanks to its slopping sides).

The Storme is far more stable, and rocks and sways less than the Scorpio (though the new one is much better from what I hear). Though both are body on ladder frame chassis SUVs so car type dynamics are never going to be there.

The ride quality of the Storme is far better than the Scorpio.

Cheers, Doc

Both are 2.2 liter turbo diesels.

Both actually use the exact same block (AVL, Austria).

Fuel management one is Delphi the other is Bosch.

Storme (mine) is 140 bhp, new one is 156 bhp. Scorpio is 120 bhp.

Storme (mine) tops out at 180 kmph, the new one is easily 10+ kmph faster (maybe more, unofficially). The Scorpio can hit 170, but is scary past 160.

The Storme has all 4 disc brakes with ABS. The Scorpio has only the front two.

The Storme is a highway mile muncher. Longer legs. The Scorpio is a peppy urban SUV. Thanks mainly to gearing and engine tuning. Shorter legs.

The Storme is much bigger inside than the Scorpio (which is actually an overgrown Jeep). Especially the first two rows, the difference in space, comfort, luxury is massive. Last row seats of the Scorpio actually work and are much better (especially for mid sized adults) than the Storme's (thanks to its slopping sides).

The Storme is far more stable, and rocks and sways less than the Scorpio (though the new one is much better from what I hear). Though both are body on ladder frame chassis SUVs so car type dynamics are never going to be there.

The ride quality of the Storme is far better than the Scorpio.

Cheers, Doc

........... any petrol versions?

I am looking at comparison here ........... apparently the storme doesn't have cigarette lighter ..... biggest fault detected.

........... any petrol versions?

I am looking at comparison here ........... apparently the storme doesn't have cigarette lighter ..... biggest fault detected.

LOL pls man. Cigarette lighters in all three rows. I no longer smoke. But very useful for charging stuff. As well as plugging in my portable fridge for errr ... liquids on tour.

No petrol. Only diesel.

P.S. cardekho , gaadi etc are very sadak chaap. Pls read (or join) the site you mentioned earlier. No India Pakistan there.

Cheers, Doc

Sala karamchand ... :P

Ab next ID apna IRA se ISI kar de.

Cheers, Doc

Bai iss mulk may talent ki koi kadar he nai hy ........... :(

By the way at the first glance I was like .......... I think I know this guy o_O.......... and then I was oey yeh to sach much tata safari k sath khara hy :D :p:

Bai iss mulk may talent ki koi kadar he nai hy ........... :(

By the way at the first glance I was like .......... I think I know this guy o_O.......... and then I was oey yeh to sach much tata safari k sath khara hy :D :p:

Massive charbi thi un dino. :oops:

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom