What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Tata's 43 tonne Rigid truck ? Image from team bhp

1677593d1505815440t-tata-vs-ashok-leyland-cv-hcv-only-166127117d8f46dfadfa561add4f0457.jpg

U2Uwpt8.jpg

WmMLsou.jpg

FOOKgxG.jpg

jZGtV2q.jpg

S0cBN1d.jpg

Spy Shots: Mahindra’s U.S. Postal Service Mail Truck Prototype Spotted

Another prototype mail delivery truck in the running for a lucrative U.S. Postal Service contract has been spotted while awaiting testing.

Spy photographers captured images of the truck, built by the Indian auto manufacturer Mahindra, recently on a USPS lot in Flint, Mich.

The Mahindra truck is one of five entries under review by the USPS Next Generation Delivery Vehicle Program that is expected to select a new mail truck in the first half of 2018. The USPS contract is for up to 180,000 trucks.

Mahindra signals plans for 400,000-square-foot auto plant in Detroit area

DETROIT -- India's Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. on Thursday said it plans to build a 400,000-square-foot auto assembly plant near Detroit, which would be the first new auto plant in the region in more than 25 years.

The global manufacturer has scheduled a press conference for Nov. 20 in the Detroit suburb of Auburn Hills, Mich., with local political leaders, according to an advisory sent by Mahindra North America.

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson hinted at Mahindra’s plans on Oct. 25 in New Delhi, Bloomberg reported. Mahindra plans to build off-road utility vehicles in the plant, The Times of India reported at the time. Mahindra's advisory didn't indicate when production would begin.

Mahindra has been attempting to enter the U.S. automotive market for more than 10 years, which included plans for a pickup truck and a possible retail network of more than 300 dealers. But those plans derailed in 2010 and ended up in litigation.

Dealers sued Mahindra in 2012, claiming the automaker "pocketed more than $9.5 million, more than a $100 million worth of dealer trade secrets to utilize for their future entrance into the U.S. market, and a strong market foundation gained at the expense of the dealers' 'free' promotion of Mahindra's brand name around the U.S."

Mahindra denied the dealers' claims, placing blame for the failure of plans to sell its pickups here on its former U.S. distributor, Global Vehicles U.S.A. Inc. of Atlanta. The current status of that litigation was not immediately clear. An amended complaint was filed by six dealerships in 2016.

In 2013, Mahindra established its North American automotive headquarters in Troy, Mich., which includes design, engineering and vehicle development. Then in 2014, Mahinda announced plans to expand its technical center, adding about 110 engineering jobs.

1000 cc Royal Enfield Double Barrel
Royal-Enfield-Double-Barrel-1000cc.jpg

Photo courtesy: Static.toiimg.com

News of the 1000cc beast from the Royal Enfield stables would have already captured your fancy if you are into motorbiking. Named Double Barrel 1000, it boasts of two 500cc RE cylinders fused into one by none other than the masters, Cranberry Motorcycles. With an estimated price tag of around INR 7.37 lakh, it is the dream come true for the blue-blooded RE fans. And, of course, a possible competitor to the Harley Davidson Sportster range.

While that all is a lot of technical stuff for a regular travel buff, taking this beast out on the Indian roads is what everyone is waiting for. Here is my pick for the roads I would like to get this one all revved up on.
(c) https://www.happytrips.com/things-t...idget&utm_medium=ABtest&utm_campaign=TOInewHP

upload_2017-11-11_19-39-52.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Tata's 43 tonne Rigid truck ? Image from team bhp

1677593d1505815440t-tata-vs-ashok-leyland-cv-hcv-only-166127117d8f46dfadfa561add4f0457.jpg

Tata 43T 12x2, rigid truck, in the final stage of launch. While Ashok Leyland and Eicher are working on 41T 10x2 rigid truck, Tata is working on a higher tonnage 43T rigid truck in 12x2 configuration.

News is HAL will make amp. Dornier 228 military and civilian production. Technically speaking, this dated plane is one of my favourites in it's class, but it's next version the Dornier 328 is really the one to go for.

India can mix-&-match it's way to aerospace manufacturing easily.

Tata 43T 12x2, rigid truck, in the final stage of launch. While Ashok Leyland and Eicher are working on 41T 10x2 rigid truck, Tata is working on a higher tonnage 43T rigid truck in 12x2 configuration.

I believe this was adapted by importing Korean rigid 12x2 configuration truck chassis from their Daewoo subsidiary. These long chassis are very popular in Japan and Korea but new in India. Remains to be seen how popular they get in India. For my money, I will stick with double or triple axle semi-trailer tractors anyday because they are more flexible and only marginally more expensive. There is a reason the US market went semi-trailer back in the 1930's and never looked back almost a century ago. The following is a Fruehauf.

7efea7fe-e77f-43aa-94ac-f12a.jpg

News is HAL will make amp. Dornier 228 military and civilian production. Technically speaking, this dated plane is one of my favourites in it's class, but it's next version the Dornier 328 is really the one to go for.

India can mix-&-match it's way to aerospace manufacturing easily.

I loved the Do328 in both prop and jet versions which failed in the market due to a commercial airline size issue. Maybe Tata can buy those fuselage molds cheap from Dornier's asset holding company because the company is now long defunct.

I'd slightly modify the single tail fin to parallel fins. From my experience of the aviation industry and Germany, the research would have been well funded and likely continues. So there's also that added advantage. This is a very good plane for India, SAARC and Central Asian connectivity and will find a ready market.

Indian Co.'s shoudl revive this, maybe Tata but maybe cash rich IT Co.'s (Tata again) and kick-start into the tough Global aero- and outer space market.

Any vehicle in India using a adaptive cruise control system similar to Audi’s traffic jam assist?

Id think it would be near impossible to implement.

Any vehicle in India using a adaptive cruise control system similar to Audi’s traffic jam assist?

Id think it would be near impossible to implement.

You can implement that system where there are, say 6 lanes. In India, there will be 6 lanes and 12 vehicles side by side.

Tata H5 test mule:
1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20180113111434_tata_q501spy.jpg

I hope they don't go full Range Rover. I like this render for its simplicity:
Tata-Q501-SWB-SUV-in-yellow-1.jpg

Reminds me of the good old Sierra.
Tata Sierra.jpg

Back
Top Bottom