What's new

Made in India Vehicles

45934d1333293517t-new-tata-safari-storme-now-officially-breaks-cover-photou.jpg

45935d1333293517t-new-tata-safari-storme-now-officially-breaks-cover-photoq.jpg

45936d1333293517t-new-tata-safari-storme-now-officially-breaks-cover-photo.jpg

Tata Safari 'Storme' GS 800 bulletproof vehicle

47585d1334693528t-mahindra-xuv500-w201-first-impressions-pg-29-onwards-2012-04-09-16.16.42.jpg

47586d1334693528t-mahindra-xuv500-w201-first-impressions-pg-29-onwards-2012-04-09-16.17.03.jpg

47587d1334693528t-mahindra-xuv500-w201-first-impressions-pg-29-onwards-photo-0031.jpg

47588d1334693528t-mahindra-xuv500-w201-first-impressions-pg-29-onwards-photo-0036.jpg

47592d1334693528t-mahindra-xuv500-w201-first-impressions-pg-29-onwards-2012-04-09-16.16.55.jpg

Mahindra XUV

I saw one of these XUV 500 near Sydney last week, looked decent. They are getting ready to launch it in Australia sometime this year I think. :)

XUV for my taste is too look at me blingy.

Safari is the real deal. Understated class and butch truck lineage!

The loss of the rear stepney will take time for purists like me to digest though.

However, the Storme is said to be a big leap in quality and performance all around.

Just went to Nissan Showroom with a friend who wanted to buy the new Nissan Sunny. The price was good but he went instead for last year's model of Nissan Sunny (unused) for a little more than the price of the latest model.

The reason why he decided to not buy the latest model and go for the older model is that the sales person told us that nissan sunny is no longer manufactured in Japan instead they are being made in India and hence the price is less, and we chekced the plate and it was saying made in India.

ImageResizerWM.ashx

New TVS Apache RTR launched

TVS has just revamped its Apache RTR series of bikes. The range gets revised styling, although all mechanicals remain unchanged. Chief among the visual updates are a new headlamp cluster that features LED pilot lamps, and a redesigned fuel tank.

Sadly, the bike does not look all that different from the current model and we feel TVS has missed an opportunity for a more comprehensive revision. Even the new dual-tone colours on offer fail to liven up the bike’s styling, which will have to stand its ground next to far more modern competition in the Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler, Yamaha FZ16 and the upcoming new Bajaj Pulsars. Other updates include a carbon-fibre look shroud for the digital instruments and a revised seat.

Given TVS’ R&D capabilities, the meek makeover comes as a huge disappointment. What TVS really needs is to bring out an all-new Apache to take on its modern and increasingly focused competition.

The new RTR 160 is priced at Rs 67,505 (ex showroom Delhi), while the RTR 180 is priced at Rs 72,090 and the RTR 180 with ABS costs Rs 82,780.

Just went to Nissan Showroom with a friend who wanted to buy the new Nissan Sunny. The price was good but he went instead for last year's model of Nissan Sunny (unused) for a little more than the price of the latest model.

The reason why he decided to not buy the latest model and go for the older model is that the sales person told us that nissan sunny is no longer manufactured in Japan instead they are being made in India and hence the price is less, and we chekced the plate and it was saying made in India.

One phrase jumps into my head- "cutting off your nose to spite your face"!!!

disappointed because TVS should've launched a proper 250cc Apache or a good competitor for Pulsar/ZMR category. Seems like TVS has gone as dahej to infosys chairman's family?

Agree. From being one of the most aggressive Indian bike makers just a few years ago, TVS is now only dishing out "concepts" for auto expos and domestic racing on pirated bikes (KTM with the K removed ....). Sad.

Happily though, Bajaj is forging ahead. What a bike the Duke 200 is!

this one, I guess. I don't know if JDM Quality is what is expected in UAE:
Nissan ALL NEW SUNNY FROM AED 47,000 | Nissan U A E (dubai & Northern Emirates)

^^ Couple of more Good videos.

Looking Cool!!

But i heard that there is some problem in using them as tracks get fretted a little because of wait and load of double-decker coaches? Is that true ?

Last edited by a moderator:
We seriously need more cars and bikes in #Pakistan. The last time i went to India i realized the Indian motor industry was far-far ahead of anywhere we were.

We seriously need more cars and bikes in #Pakistan. The last time i went to India i realized the Indian motor industry was far-far ahead of anywhere we were.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bike revolution, Indian ishtyle!

Indian bike maker's piling on to diesel bikes, a somewhat kooky idea. Turns out India had a reasonable tradition in diesel motor-cyles all along. Here's a brand new player with an awesome, made-in-india but re-designed in US from diesel Kawasaki, hopefully original.

36142.jpg

Enfield has been making diesel bikes for a long time:

Back
Top Bottom