What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Once upon a time(during 90s), I dreamt owning a Enfield Bullet 500 which was rare. But, Bullet Mechanic persuaded Me to stay away from it because CI 500 has overheating issue? Another Bullet, I missed to own is Bullet Lighting 535 which looks like Thunderbird..

I've had my CI 500 for 10 years now. A well set engine will not overheat. The LB while its new and running is a real gem. But once its crank goes, and it goes quickly and cannot be re-built as easily and cheaply as the CIs, that is when the pain starts. The C5 is not a Bullet. Sorry sirji! The Lightning 535 is a monster with a very dicey and expensive piston and rings. Botched up attempt by RE to go the whole hog on Fritz Egli's blueprint (a treu 45+ bhp monster Super Bullet!).

SO what you finally bought?
I own Machismo 500.. AVL aluminium engine, with starter and Front disk brake

I had owned a 1981 Bullet "deluxe"(the one with Chrome Tank) and later a 2004 Bullet Electra 4S.

Indeed I remember read in 1990s auto India regarding Egli 624cc Bullet from Newzealand?. Enfield India failed to replicate it here with vintage manufacturing and inventory they have. :S

I Have a Thunderbird, quite a comfortable hassle free bike.
You must visit orkut Royal enfield fan page. They fry Tbird owners .those "purist" "Cast Iron Bullet" Zealots claims Tbird is a sissy thing. :lol:

Here is the Egli 624cc. it's from switzerland not newzealand!:

Royal Enfield Bullet Lightning Circa 2001?

Last edited by a moderator:
We seriously need more cars and bikes in #Pakistan. The last time i went to India i realized the Indian motor industry was far-far ahead of anywhere we were.

It took many years to come to this point. Indian companies brought collabaration with Jap companies and finally came up with such a great place...

Pakistani policy makers need to decide, These kind of industries provide lot of jobs...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bike revolution, Indian ishtyle!

Indian bike maker's piling on to diesel bikes, a somewhat kooky idea. Turns out India had a reasonable tradition in diesel motor-cyles all along. Here's a brand new player with an awesome, made-in-india but re-designed in US from diesel Kawasaki, hopefully original.

36142.jpg

Enfield has been making diesel bikes for a long time:

images

Globalisation has made this Co. Enfield come out kicking and screaming (more needed ;)); otherwise a gen. ago no one would be seen dead on a bike like the Enfield.

I think it's the Harley-Davidson Co.'s salvage and success that's rubbed off on this lallu-panju desi Co. The Enfield image was one of 'daku'/looter type rather then the Harley-Hollywood inspired rebel. Back in the good old bad days of the 80's, Enfield's were as glamourous as 'night-soil' ($hiT) buckets :devil: .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:) Vote here to revive Yezdi,

b.jpg

... we'll take it from here only, whynot ;).

Tata Safari Storme will storm to the markets in 3 months ! Here are some new close ups

925068d1336487109t-tata-safari-storme-test-drive-review-pics-24.jpg
925081d1336491498t-tata-safari-storme-test-drive-review-pics-26.jpg
925105d1336492693t-tata-safari-storme-test-drive-review-pics-41.jpg

^^^^
Fit and finish have improved greatly. Wish they offer AT variant. On the engine it says Varicor . Upgraded 2.2L Dicor perhaps ?

I had owned a 1981 Bullet "deluxe"(the one with Chrome Tank) and later a 2004 Bullet Electra 4S.

Indeed I remember read in 1990s auto India regarding Egli 624cc Bullet from Newzealand?. Enfield India failed to replicate it here with vintage manufacturing and inventory they have. :S

You must visit orkut Royal enfield fan page. They fry Tbird owners .those "purist" "Cast Iron Bullet" Zealots claims Tbird is a sissy thing. :lol:

It is kinda sissy i totally agree, doesn't sound or feel like other bullets. Its comfortable and okay to ride. It doesn't generate much attention from the chicks as well. :D, I hardly use it, once a month at max to get the engine going.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom