What's new

Made in India Vehicles

my friend bought tata nano some 6 months ago and it is still working great without giving any sort of trouble...tata has done a great job...

Bajaj-Ktm-Duke-200-1.jpg

Bajaj KTM Duke 200

really nice

On the 8 January 2008, Bajaj announced that it would jointly develop two new 125 cc and 250 cc bikes for Europe and the Far East. The bikes would be badged 'KTM'.

Mahindra_concept_motorcycle.jpg

Mahindra working on high performance motorcycle

Mahindra+Mojo.jpg

Mahindra Mojo

bajaj+Pulsar+baru.jpg

Variasi Bajaj Pulsar 200 CC

sym11-280x300.jpg

Mahindra Cevalo

99924-aamir-khan-at-the-launch-of-mahindra-new-bikes-mojo-and-stallion.jpg

mahindra stallio

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome:

I think so.

Technically speaking, rear engined cars are simply more fun to drive. Think go carts, ... or Porsche's. Problem with Porsche's was/is the tail goes out of control and you feel like you are flying through thin air. Go carts have opposite problem, not enough power!

I knew from the start that the Nano would be fun to drive. Not a go cart, not a Porsche. Part of the reason why the original VW bug was such a hit, no matter that it came from erstwhile enemy ppl.'s. Anyone know of any other small to decent sized rear engine vehicles. Like affordable ones. There must be some ...

Otherwise, at desi speeds the Nano must be the 'funnest' car to drive with superb control and solid cornering. If the electric is same-same with batteries (or whatever they call them these days) at the back, it would be 10 times the fun thanks to the 'electric' acceleration. Everything else ... hehe ... same-to-same ;) .

Maaan, Tata's have a winner on their hands.
They could take the Nano Europa, the upcoming Nano Electric, a diesel Nano, and the new new Pixel & variants and crash the Global auto party. And then clean up the rest of the market segments with the rest of their model range. If anybody can, Tata's can. They only have the marketing spreads, their own steel and ore supply. Plus everything else.

Rear wheel drived. Rear engine. Air cooled. It doesn't get much badder a$$ than that, to be honest with you

;)

Thanks for the info. re: Nano being water cooled. Proof appreciated.

I somehow prefer water cooled, call me old-fashioned, but not by much.

Logic: Water cooling is less kinetic. It's a sealed system. Less mechanical's involved ... less pangaa.

I prefer a combo cooling system. Coolant + precision ( computer type) cooling fan would be best, no.
Logic: Coolant is cheap, and works like water cooling, enclosed separate system. Robust. The fan is not back-up or redundant, auto ppl. need to calculate precise cooling need. Both would work wonders and problems in fan can be cheaply fixed by any roadside 'mistry'.

Ppl. pls., who is Javed Chowdhry, does his stuff have any merit?:

Really curious that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
;)

Thanks for the info. re: Nano being water cooled. Proof appreciated.

I somehow prefer water cooled, call me old-fashioned, but not by much.

Logic: Water cooling is less kinetic. It's a sealed system. Less mechanical's involved ... less pangaa.

I prefer a combo cooling system. Coolant + precision ( computer type) cooling fan would be best, no.
Logic: Coolant is cheap, and works like water cooling, enclosed separate system. Robust. The fan is not back-up or redundant, auto ppl. need to calculate precise cooling need. Both would work wonders and problems in fan can be cheaply fixed by any roadside 'mistry'.

Ppl. pls., who is Javed Chowdhry, does his stuff have any merit?:

Really curious that's all.

Nano is actually liquid (Coolant) cooled.
You can see the coolant box in the pic...adjacent to radiator..
Water cooled is just a general term used for liquid /coolant cooled.
If I'm correct water cooled vehicles are rare in India now. Even commercial vehicles are coolant cooled.

:hitwall:

Thanks ... hehe ...Yeah, .. silly me I did see the coolant bottle/box yet didn't clue in.

I should have known better, seen it with my own eyes and stands to reason completely.
And yeah, thanks also for clarification re: water vs. coolant non-sequiter. (... means non-issue)
Why bother with water when coolant is plenty available and much better at the job at almost 0 additional cost.

Sri-Lanka-Police-to-be-seen-in-Mahindra-Scorpio-LX-4W-600x450.jpg

Sri Lanka Police to be seen in Mahindra Scorpio LX 4W | Rush Lane

Ideal Motors, Mahindra and Mahindra's sole distributor in Sri Lanka has been successful in being awarded the tender for the supply of M&M Scorpio LX 4W to Sri Lankan Police department. Under a scheme from Ministry of Defence, Sri Lankan Police will be presented with 485 new jeeps, 137 of which were recently presented to various police stations across the country. Credit facility from India to the tune of US$1 billion was utilized to procure these vehicles.

Mr. N K Illanakoon, IG Police at their Headquarters was handed over the vehicles at a ceremony on 28th June which also saw Nalin J Welgama, Chairman, Ideal Motors, Chaminda Perera, CEO, Ideal Motors and Aravinda de Silva, Deputy Chairman, Ideal Motors in attendance.

Welgama said that since its introduction into the country, M&M vehicles have received tremendous response due to their appearance, sturdiness and ability to encompass rough terrain.

Mr. Pawan Goenka, President – Automotive and farm Equipment at M&M said that the company was happy that Sri Lanka had selected this vehicle for their Police Force. It would be an advantage for the police and Ministry of Defence for their daily actions.

Found this in my book marks. Here is a Scorpio in Italy. Notice there is no driver and it seems to be parked on the middle of the road...must be some advertising event.

sta77578.jpg

The truck version was supposed to be available in the US back in 2009. It has run into problems and has also been involved in a law suite because of its delay. It was slated to enter the truck market with the name, Appalachian but was later changed and currently there is no news on its arrival as yet. The Scorpio itself got decent reviews from the Americans. The truck version did not get any rave reviews but its diesel heart kept curiosity alive since diesel is not an option in its category. Many thought where VW and Mazda failed in the small truck category ..Mahindra would win with the diesel heart but till now no official word on its arrival to the US or its delay.

Its exported to the following countries (The list may be larger now)

Italy
France
Spain
Turkey
Sri Lanka
Nepal
Bangladesh
Egypt
Russia
Malaysia
South Africa
Qatar
Brazil
Chile

yea coz the Revo is a piece of junk....it's not even a truly ''Pakistani'' car....a lot of the components (e.g. the tranny) are foreign manufactured. And as i said earlier, production has been terminated because nobody liked the car.

Pakistanis are the type who take pride in brands and all; someone who had a bike yesterday wants a Honda CG125. Someone who had a 125 yesterday wants a Corrolla today. Someone with Corrolla yesterday wants a Land Cruiser or Patrol.....etc..

nobody will say -- hey look at me, I drive an Adam now!

wat brand pakistan have ??? merc ???

Indians take pride in our own brands ...

Well let's compare the difference. Your politicians are dirt poor and drive in those hindustan ambassadors, which are the ugliest bucket of bolts...absolute junk cars

Our politicians are rich, spoiled corrupt and won't be seen unless they are in landcruisers and benz and bmws...

U may take pride in your local junk cars, and we have no automotive industry because everyone prefers to buy foreign brands

You are you, we are we.

Back
Top Bottom