What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Nice, it looks like a good competitor to the Japanese/Korean cars in the future.

U mean China-cars too yeah;)

Here's a joke I found on the net:

cowcarjoke.png

cowcarjoke.png

Tata might as well make this 'concept' Prima.

Successor to Manza? Almost same dimensions, nominal metal bashing- some bending, curving and most dramatic change is isolated to plastic parts - front/ back lights, fenders etc. Looks strongly like it could roll-out of the Tata Manza line.

Completely do-able.

Tata Nano was 1'st & still 'cheapest & best'.

2'nd, GM Beat coming. Reva nxr 3'rd, coming after only. (both not cheap at all).
Then Maruti-Suzuki, Hyundai said they'll entry the Indian micro-mini city car play also.
Bajaj ready, to enter soon. And now Piaggio, & this 1 even comes with 1 hybrid sh*t!
Newcomers like Indian conglomerates also looking to break-in to the new-new market.

Piaggio NT3
--------------

images

(c) http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0MI9zo6abTC4EKWYtXuXUpr2Go47GrAFCr9ddJNHqvIjGEach6w

Looks so modular, they could in India ... no-joke... sell it in parts ! Looks like they are on already to this idea with modular engines of 200 cc, 300 cc & 300 cc (hybrid).

So 1 Lakh ($ 2000) for the base + 200 cc engine.
Cost of Nano is no more than $500-750, fully built.
In rural India ppl. make 1-off, 'DIY' type jigs with diesel
pumps for engines @ $ 400-1000 depending on
availibility of gear. 60 km/hr. is plenty re: rural India.
Not bad, w/o rear window, or metal doors, or roof.

From marketing angle, this is a gr8 'starter' product. Promotion? Got married? Got kids? Install roof, get metal doors, bigger engine.
We are talking India, not some OECD state.

http://buzzg.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/GM_beat.jpg

Toyota, VW, Renault, Nissan, Malaysian Proton etc. may jump-in in the future.

So India is the new-new car factory of the world. Never mind China's 'cut-paste' hang-up. From my experience, China don't do small city type micro-mini eco-vehicles. This is gr8 chance for ppl. like India, Pakistan, Brazil, Malay, Thailand, Indonesia Co.'s to grab market share re: discontinuous tech; & boom catch up with the big boys. This 'tinny car' biz. was Jap game b4. Technically speaking, this 'tinny car' market can build giant car Co.'s, given that in another generation pure electric's will take over, size no matter.

Want to get into car biz.? Move, India side ...

The future is looking good for regular ppl.'s.

I'm surprised nobody posted this by Mahindra, ti's been 2 days since release:

What do ppl. think, @ 5 Lakh, $ 10,000 a bit pricey & hi-fi for rural folks no?

Mahindra Genio
-----------------

TH28_MAHINDRA_GENIO_372200f.jpg

Mahindra Genio, Different Angle
----------------------------------

thumb.cms

Looks wise, I like the little metal strip with the logo on top of the grill. But why mess-up the familiar, distinguisable and macho grill like in other M & M's. A cross between an M&M Bolero & Gio 'grill' with more slats would have been perfectly ok, pic.'s below. I admit it is a vanity topic, still. Compare :

Mahindra Gio
---------------

mahindra_gio_front_ns_110609_717.jpg

Mahindra Bolero
------------------

mahindra_bolero.JPG

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody posted this by Mahindra, ti's been 2 days since release:

What do ppl. think, @ 5 Lakh, $ 10,000 a bit pricey & hi-fi for rural folks no?

Mahindra Genio
-----------------

TH28_MAHINDRA_GENIO_372200f.jpg

Mahindra Genio, Different Angle
----------------------------------

thumb.cms

Looks wise, I like the little metal strip with the logo on top of the grill. But why mess-up the familiar, distinguisable and macho grill like in other M & M's. A cross between an M&M Bolero & Gio 'grill' with more slats would have been perfectly ok, pic.'s below. I admit it is a vanity topic, still. Compare :

Mahindra Gio
---------------

mahindra_gio_front_ns_110609_717.jpg

Mahindra Bolero
------------------

mahindra_bolero.JPG

Agreed. M & M goofed up on the grille. From a somewhat 'bullish' look they seem to have degenerated to a 'mulish' look. :tdown:

Pssst ... I have a real treat coming up!
Just found it last week. Hard find, little info. still, treat it is;)
n
Thanks 4 feedback re: Genio 'grill', very well put, couldn't have said it better myself.

Here were go:

Vikram CE (Electric)
----------------------

image3030.jpg

Last edited:
Mahindra THAR

lg_8.jpg

:chilli::chilli::chilli:

'Grill' ... hehe ... KA BAAP!

btw, personally speaking I like the Mahindra jeep with the slats next to the lights curved to fit the contour of the lights better, like so:

'Curvy' Grill Jeep
----------------------

Jeep.jpg

I think Mahindra had 1 model with said nominally curvy grill, or was it in the US Chrysler Jeep model only, anybody know?

Last edited:
:chilli::chilli::chilli:

'Grill' ... hehe ... KA BAAP!

btw, personally speaking I like the Mahindra jeep with the slats next to the lights curved to fit the contour of the lights better, like so:

'Curvy' Grill Jeep
----------------------

Jeep.jpg

I think Mahindra had 1 model with said nominally curvy grill, or was it in the US Chrysler Jeep model only, anybody know?

There was a Willys/Mahindra model, the CJ-3 which was like that.
It was'nt entirely Willys though through its production run. There were variants with an International tractor engine and with Peugeot Diesel engine of 2113cc, later a 2500cc version. All made by M & M.
Of course before the diesel engines appeared, many owners in D.I.Y. mode had started re-engining their jeeps with other engines like the BMC diesel and the Kirloskar RET-4 being popular ones.
The original Petrol "Hurricane" engines were expensive to run.

There was a Willys/Mahindra model, the CJ-3 which was like that.
It was'nt entirely Willys though through its production run. There were variants with an International tractor engine and with Peugeot Diesel engine of 2113cc, later a 2500cc version. All made by M & M.
Of course before the diesel engines appeared, many owners in D.I.Y. mode had started re-engining their jeeps with other engines like the BMC diesel and the Kirloskar RET-4 being popular ones.
The original Petrol "Hurricane" engines were expensive to run.

-----------------xxx------------

Nice info.

Yaar I googled the model you said, not! no 'curvy' grill.

Thanks re: feedback. Re above Vikram model, although rugged, slick & functional looking; I don't know if it ever made production. Pretty identical looking models have been around for dog yrs. so makes one wonder ynot? :hitwall:

I must say this.. these cars jeeps and all that..
are VERY VERY ugly..
and they dont look look good too when im talking about quality.
but for the indigenous indians theres 1 rule: indigenous indian.

I must say this.. these cars jeeps and all that..
are VERY VERY ugly..
and they dont look look good too when im talking about quality.
but for the indigenous indians theres 1 rule: indigenous indian.
Genius!!!!!!You cannot judge the quality of a product by viewing it's photograph!!!Have you driven these vehicles-NO!!!!!So by your Ingenious method,you must also look Fugly as the comments you post here are of poor QUALITY!!!

you know this ENTRE THREAD is bullshit too..
posting pictures of cars and saying 100% INDIGENOUS INDIAN is just bullshit..
what can we say?
a car cool.. oh another picture with a car cool...?
POST THE SPECIFICATION AND THE PRICE.
HOW CAN WE JUDGE THE CARS BY ONLY LOOKING OUTSIDE AND INSIDE OF IT.
The answer to the last sentence is: ugly would enver buy one of these.

Back
Top Bottom