What's new

Made in India Vehicles

^^

Sorry, I need one 4 < Rs. % Lakhs.

I don't know if a bogie qualifies for a "vehicle", but here goes :

A-Ok Mumbai- Amdavad Double-Decker Interior
----------------------------------------------

newly-launched-double-decker-ac-superfast-express-train.jpg

Re: roof-top travel, you know I was laughing thinking if they took out the electric pantograph on the roof, ... hehe ... AND REDUCED the speed to the usual 25-45 kms.; they'd have a Triple-Decker on their hands.

images

Awesome Royal - Enfield Firefighting Bike
----------------------------------------

fire-fighting-bike.jpg

-The new fire fighting bike allotted to Coimbatore South Fire station which will be flagged off on Friday morning. (BCCL)

BMW 1200 Dubai Style Firefighting Bike
---------------------------------------

BMW1200-1w.jpg

(c) economic times

3- Wheeler, RE Style ;)
------------------------

RoyalEnfieldthreewheeler_700.jpg

• There&#8217;s some speculation the above shot of a three-wheeled Royal Enfield from India may be photoshopped. If it isn&#8217;t, we&#8217;d sure like to see how it all works. (via)

(c) http://images.hemmings.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/06/RoyalEnfieldthreewheeler_700.jpg

Tata Motors grabs attention at IIMS 2012

Tata Motors has announced that they will enter the Indonesian market next year with their subsidiary, PT Tata Motors Indonesia.

The Tata Nano will be assembled there with locally sourced components and will be very affordable as prices are expected to be less than Rp. 90 million (Rs. 5.11 lakhs).

Also on display at IIMS were Indica Vista, Aria, Venture MPV and two higher variants of Nano. Tata also showcased its commercial vehicle range which comprised of Xenon double cab pickup, Ace EX, Super Ace and LPK 258 Prima tipper truck.

In addition, Tata also has a separate green pavilion to go with this year’s IIMS theme, ‘Eco mobility’. The cars on display in the green pavilion are the Tata Nano CNG concept that premiered at the Delhi Auto Expo and the CNG versions of Ace, Xenon and Magic. Tata LPO CNG bus also is showcased.

Mr. B Sengupta, President and Director of PT Tata Motors, stated that the 14 products which are on display portray Tata Motors’ quest for technology to meet global standards and market needs.

Read more: Tata Motors grabs attention at IIMS 2012

Tata-Nano-IIMS-2012.jpg

nanoin4.jpg

^^^

Mirza Jatt, I'd like to ask a fair and innocent question. Please don't take it personally, don't go nuts.

What is meant by 'Raj Karega Khalsa'. I have seen this statement over and over again.

History says Maharaja Ranjit Singh was the last Sikh, Khalsa empire right?
The British over-whelmed above correct. So 'Raj Karega Khalsa' is some-what mis-leading. Rather provocative, no. PM MM Singh is doing 'Raj', but he is no Khalsa but Khatri.
It means that the values of the Khalsa would rule the hearts and minds of all and one thats it.Do not take it literally man!!

^^^

Mirza Jatt, I'd like to ask a fair and innocent question. Please don't take it personally, don't go nuts.

What is meant by 'Raj Karega Khalsa'. I have seen this statement over and over again.

History says Maharaja Ranjit Singh was the last Sikh, Khalsa empire right?
The British over-whelmed above correct. So 'Raj Karega Khalsa' is some-what mis-leading. Rather provocative, no. PM MM Singh is doing 'Raj', but he is no Khalsa but Khatri.

sorry i missed thios post of your thus couldnt reply earlier...and there is nothing to be angry abouit..what you are asking is a genuine question..glad that it caught your attention.

as the poster above says..Raj Karega Khalsa means...purity will rule.

It has nothing to do with Maharaj Ranjit singh or MMS.

Great to see nice looking Indian cars these days!!

The time is early nineties. Bangladeshi people were shocked and saddened to see their streets suddenly flooded with sick, funny and shabby looking Indian cars and lorries ( trucks) first time in living memory. Few influential policy makers on Indian payroll ( many believed so) suddenly staged a scenario by imposing exorbitant taxes on Japanese reconditioned vehicles so cleverly that people were forced to buy new (??) Indian cars instead of reconditioned Japanese vehicles. Within a year or so, Dhaka city was full of noisy and rusty moving junks. It took another year or so, people started to dump many junk cars and many got furious.

During that time, I remember a lab report related to unusual and excessive Carbon Monoxide emission by Indian vehicles leaked to the local press. I guess there is a limit of acceptable CO emission by any vehicle. The test was conducted simultaneously on a new Indian car and on an over 10 years old Japanese car. The result was shocking. CO emission from the 10 yr Old Japanese car was still within acceptable limit while in the case of new Indian car it was more than 10 times higher than the acceptable limit.

I hope those days are gone and Indian companies are not cheating people by marketing their fancy looking products!!! Personally however, I get kind of road sickness whenever traveling by Indian vehicle. I liked Indian railway though and had a good experience while traveling across India in what they call it Second AC.

The time is early nineties. Bangladeshi people were shocked and saddened to see their streets suddenly flooded with sick, funny and shabby looking Indian cars and lorries ( trucks) first time in living memory. Few influential policy makers on Indian payroll ( many believed so) suddenly staged a scenario by imposing exorbitant taxes on Japanese reconditioned vehicles so cleverly that people were forced to buy new (??) Indian cars instead of reconditioned Japanese vehicles. Within a year or so, Dhaka city was full of noisy and rusty moving junks. It took another year or so, people started to dump many junk cars and many got furious.

During that time, I remember a lab report related to unusual and excessive Carbon Monoxide emission by Indian vehicles leaked to the local press. I guess there is a limit of acceptable CO emission by any vehicle. The test was conducted simultaneously on a new Indian car and on an over 10 years old Japanese car. The result was shocking. CO emission from the 10 yr Old Japanese car was still within acceptable limit while in the case of new Indian car it was more than 10 times higher than the acceptable limit.

I hope those days are gone and Indian companies are not cheating people by marketing their fancy looking products!!! Personally however, I get kind of road sickness whenever traveling by Indian vehicle. I liked Indian railway though and had a good experience while traveling across India in what they call it Second AC.

you are making up stories. try your hand at fiction writing !

Hmm seems like you just came our of your mother's womb, do you know that India is the 2nd largest exporter of cars to europe???? and is soon going to be 2nd largest car producer in the world as we speak.

Why don't Bangladeshis teach us how to build environmental friendly cars???? Maybe we can learn something from you guys.

you are making up stories. try your hand at fiction writing !

He is the same guy who keeps barking we should but japanese or korean buses and cars instead of Indians. We didn't force them to buy anything. Why don't build their own.

Bangladeshi people were shocked and saddened to see their streets suddenly flooded with sick, funny and shabby looking Indian cars and lorries ( trucks) first time in living memory.[...]

In Srilanka and Bangladesh, people buy only some selected Jap reconditioned imports. people who are worshipping this old Japanese models as they boast about how it lasts and how one is driving old car/van for 20 years.

Bangladeshi: India also can allow 2nd hand Euro/Jap vehicles but, the current system of buying a new vehicle and use it for 2-5 years before selling it to the second hand market is a healthier trend. and.. India made vehicles are quiet good as the number of vehicles on our roads prove.

a sample of 2nd hand Japanese cars/vans flooding a country:
::: AutoLanka.com - Search Used Car's in Sri Lanka

This proud Japanese recondition car worshipper is selling his "new" antique 1994 Nissan Sunny.
http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=92061

^^^ While in India, a Buyer will have bought a Hyundai Getz or Santro or i10 or any such new cars and visit Company Authorized service rather than rely on Spurious spare parts from thailand or other countries risking road usability. Most Indians and even Japanese - will Love to Drive down a New Car rather than 20 year old reconditioned Cars. But, We humbly agrees on the fact that build quality of Japanese made vehicles are lasting compared to Euro or Indian made.

If u guys were so picky even at that point of time than u guys should have started producing high end automobiles by now.Why didn't u guys do that??All u could do was blame India and find out faults with us.
BTW I don't know if this was posted earlier:
The world’s first Hydrogen powered three-wheeler ‘HyAlfa’ has been unwrapped at 2012 Auto Expo Delhi, which is an outcome of the joint-venture of Mahindra & Mahindra, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and IIT Delhi.The General Manager of Mahindra & Mahindra R&D Center, Mathew Abraham said that HyAlfa is a unique vehicle runs on compressed hydrogen gas producing zero emissions. The hydrogen technology is an enduring solution for the energy security, CO2 emission and pollution.

mahindra-concept.jpg

You always buy (and deserve)used vehicles:rofl:

They brought 50 double deckers for their dhaka for low amount of money..and were expecting something similar to to Volvo B9TL:tdown:

Got the money???
we can give you this

hibrido-TML_25-agosto-20111-1024x768.jpg

Tata Hispano Hybrid Buses to run in Madrid

Tata Hispano Motors Carrocera SA, Tata Motors' wholly owned subsidiary in Spain, has won a prestigious order for supplying 10 CNG Series Hybrid low-floor city buses, to be built on Tata Motors chassis, to EMT Madrid, a Madrid city public transportation company. The buses will be delivered in 2012. Meant for urban transportation, the Tata Hispano CNG Hybrid is powered with a series hybrid system. For a series hybrid vehicle, the engine is not connected to the driveline. Instead it just runs a generator which charges the battery pack at a steady power. The battery pack provides electrical energy to the motor which in turn generates tractive power. Besides, the engine operates on a constant speed, constant load mode, maximising engine efficiency irrespective of large variation in vehicle speed and frequent stops and starts. The Tata Hispano CNG Hybrid offers substantial improvement in fuel economy and emissions compared to a conventional bus. As a result, the technology leads to lower emissions, thereby contributing to cleaner air and a greener, more environment-friendly commercial passenger transportation application. The vehicle chassis is capable of being integrated with pure electric mode, CNG micro turbine and hydrogen fuel cell in the future. The low-floor bus (floor height: 350 mm) is equipped with heater, air-conditioner, wheel chair, baby seat, space for luggage, security cameras, WIFI, electrical ramp, ticketing machine, reverse camera, electronic display board, electrically operated in-swing and out-swing doors and kneeling facility allowing easy entry and exit, reducing halt time and trip lengths. Electronically controlled air suspension (ECAS) and electronic braking provide excellent ride quality, handling and passenger comfort. With high starting & smooth acceleration, and a maximum speed of 70 km per hour, the Tata Hispano Hybrid is an innovative solution for fast and comfortable urban transport in an environment-friendly manner.

398cc59e-dabc-47d3-9fbf-60740a0e974e.jpg

Ashok Leyland Hybus at CWG 2010

NEW DELHI: Hinduja Group flagship Ashok Leyland which had unveiled Hybus, India’s first plug-in CNG hybrid bus, at its stall at Auto Expo 2010, will be on the roads for the first time in India at the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi. Hybus is more eco-friendly than a CNG-powered bus, thanks to integration of hybrid technology. Compared to a conventional bus powered by IC engine, it offers significant fuel saving of 20-30 per cent. Ashok Leyland will hand over 2 buses to ferry VVIPs and VIPs during the inaugural ceremony in Delhi. The Hybus combines conventional CNG engine with electric propulsion system. The engine is operated at an optimal efficiency to drive the generator for charging on-board battery. The Lithium-Ion battery that powers the electrical drive system provides the propulsion. The Hybus intelligently selects the most efficient operating mode to ensure maximum fuel efficiency without compromising performance, comfort or passenger safety. The Hybus has a host of commuter-friendly features including ultra low entry at 390mm with kneeling option, noise-free rear engine, front and rear air suspensions and retractable ramp for wheel-chair entry. The Hybus also incorporates some innovative pedestrian safety concepts: sound and light alerts while the bus moves, a camera-assisted reversing aid for the driver and night time highlighters near the tail lights. The bus front has a novel design to absorb impact on collision, which drastically reduces severity of injury.

or else take these

949699d1341160147-ashok-leyland-international-presence-photo1301-800x600.jpg

and shut up!!!:wave:

usual a** burning!!

leave it!!!

Mahindra Quanto

2012-Mahindra-Quanto-Review.jpg

New Delhi: Nissan India has launched its all-new 2012 seven-seater Multi-utility vehicle, the Evalia on Tuesday.

The new product is priced between Rs 8.49 lakh and Rs 9.99 lakh (ex- showroom Delhi). The Evalia, which is the joint venture of Japanese car maker Nissan and Indian commercial vehicle manufacturer Ashok Leyland, was unveiled at 11th Auto Expo in Delhi.

eve.jpg

Looks like a cross between a Versa and a swift. :lol:

Hyderabad: Auto major Mahindra and Mahindra on Tuesday said it will invest Rs 1,500 crore to develop a new vehicle platform with its Korean subsidiary Ssangyong Motor.

M&M holds 70 percent stake in SMC, for which it had shelled out USD 463 million (about Rs 2,105 crore) in 2010.

"We expect to see three products jointly developed with Ssangyong. There, we are investing close to Korean Won 300 billion which is almost Rs 1,500 crore," Pawan Goenka M&M President, Automotive and Farm Sector told reporters at the launch of Quanto, a mini SUV.

"This is over next three years and this is only for one product with Ssangyong. There will be more investment for other products," he added.

Goenka also said Rexton SUV will be launched in India which would represent the first product under the Ssangyong label in the Indian car market.

He said M&M and Ssangyong are developing a new engine platform both for petrol and diesel that will be used by both the companies.

He said currently they are selling around 10,000 units of Ssangyong and this year the sales may be flat due to the slowdown in the Korean and European markets.

Replying to a query on exports, Goenka said M&M has registered a growth of 50 percent last year and this year also it may do well.

"Right now exports will be 6 to 7 percent of overall sales. Percentage wise not very high but growth is very high.

"The growth this year may be not 50 percent...Somewhat less but pretty good growth for us especially SUVs are coming in," Goenka said.

On overall auto industry, he said that growth this year will be less than 10 percent and is expected to go up next year.

"Since Maruti's manesar issue has been settled, the next seven month's in the year may not be as slow as the first five months. But I don't expect to get back to 20-30 percent growth that we have seen in FY'09 and FY'10.

"We will still be growing less than 10 percent as industry and hope to get above 10 per cent next year not this year," Goenka said.

He said M&M's tractor manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh is expected to launch commercial product by the end of this year or early next year.

PTI

If u guys were so picky even at that point of time than u guys should have started producing high end automobiles by now.Why didn't u guys do that??All u could do was blame India and find out faults with us.
BTW I don't know if this was posted earlier:
The world&#8217;s first Hydrogen powered three-wheeler &#8216;HyAlfa&#8217; has been unwrapped at 2012 Auto Expo Delhi, which is an outcome of the joint-venture of Mahindra & Mahindra, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and IIT Delhi.The General Manager of Mahindra & Mahindra R&D Center, Mathew Abraham said that HyAlfa is a unique vehicle runs on compressed hydrogen gas producing zero emissions. The hydrogen technology is an enduring solution for the energy security, CO2 emission and pollution.

mahindra-concept.jpg

^^^

Wrong pic., completely!

That's a Mahindra-Ssangyong. You meant this, the Mahindra Hy-Alfa:

Mahindra-HyAlfa.gif

^^^

I can see your point. In Canada, we lost our car brands to US brands, and since Japan, Korea & EU.

We have adjusted our patriotism. India's prime thrust to develop an in-house vehicle industry is it's vast steel, labour and tech. resources and massive market. Given such natural advantages, they will scale up to knock the Koreans, Japanese, Italians, Americans, French and Chinese. Long play, but Indians have distinct natural advantages.

Contrarily, New Zealand or Ghana would have a hard time building up a vehicle industry. Only India has a reasonable Indian brand vehicles industry like Tata, Mahindra, Force, Eicher, Bajaj, Ashok Leyland, TVS, ICML-Sonalika etc. Competition could have come from Turkey, Brazil, Canada, Spain, Russia. All of them lost out to the mega corp., MNC brands.

India therefore picked up the tab for Indian development. Why Bengalis should sponsor earlier Indian industry is a moot point. However, Pak., Bangla., Iran, Indonesia should be prime markets for today's Indian vehicles. Indian Co.'s, if they don't get wiped out by Global or Chinese competition, may be the right fit for the neighborhood, no?

Back
Top Bottom