What's new

Made in India military weapons and support systems

C63IV1lWYAAramE.jpg

ATAGS pic from Dec 2016

19 March 2017
On the occasion of ordnance day different weapons in display at an exhibition for common people in Jabalpur.

579604-190317-gs-04.jpg

Is Mynamar actively seeking such assets?

Nepal it seems will get radars and some more Helicopters.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...visit-nepal/story-Y2HwouDcs0JbqW4rXSWu5L.html

Indian Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat is visiting Nepal on March 28-31

He will also visit Pokhara and Muktinath, where Nepal Army runs a high-altitude military warfare training centre.

Issues related to purchase of military hardware and software for Nepal Army will come up for discussion. Nepal Army makes almost all military and defence purchase from India including helicopters.

3? Mark my words this'll be a blockbuster product for India and exports.
I would push the ICG to induct at least 10 (to cover the Indian coastline) but the IAF is not overly interested in it, they view it as a stepping stone to what they really want; a long range AWACS based on a wide body airliner (A330-200) with similar capabilities to their EL/M-2090 Phalcons ie "AWACS (India)" that will be ready around 2024. Strictly speaking, the Netra project is a tech demonstrator project so we are lucky the IAF is even inducting 3 (/2, if it's true the DRDO will retain one) of them.

As for exports, yes it has strong prospects but the market is still pretty small for AEW so it may be a while to see first orders materialise.

Last edited:
I would push the ICG to induct at least 10 (to cover the Indian coastline) but the IAF is not overly interested in it, they view it as a stepping stone to what they really want; a long range AWACS based on a wide body airliner (A330-200) with similar capabilities to their EL/M-2090 Phalcons ie "AWACS (India)" that will be ready around 2024. Strictly speaking, the Netra project is a tech demonstrator project so we are lucky the IAF is even inducting 3 (/2, if it's true the DRDO will retain one) of them.

As for exports, yes it has strong prospects but the market is still pretty small for AEW so it may be a while to see first orders materialise.

Do you know what the final long term requirement for the widebody AWACS is for IAF....say by 2025 - 2030?

Do you know what the final long term requirement for the widebody AWACS is for IAF....say by 2025 - 2030?
The IAF has not made it public what their final wide body AWACS requirement is but by 2030 I imagine there will be 14-15 of them; 2+3+2/3 EL/M-2090 Phalcons + 8 AWACS (India). With the AWACS (India) in production by the middle of the next decade, the IAF will be free to add orders as they see fit.

By 2035 they may have 30 such beasts, a lot will depend on the threat profile in the future.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom