What's new

‘Made in China’ label discourages Saudis!

Here's the thing:

You want a REAL iPhone? It's made in China.

You want a fake iPhone? It's made in China.

Both are made in China. So why are we blamed for the fakes, when it's the Indian businessmen who buy the cheapest products they can find, then sell it at high prices to their fellow Indians, essentially scamming them?

China rocks.

When you buy a a copy of Iphone at Rs5000/-- only and it functions for almost two years than it was more worth then the money you paid.

The original Iphone (again made in china ) doesnt come at Rs5k

Here's the thing:

You want a REAL iPhone? It's made in China.

You want a fake iPhone? It's made in China.

Both are made in China. So why are we blamed for the fakes, when it's the Indian businessmen who buy the cheapest products they can find, then sell it at high prices to their fellow Indians, essentially scamming them?

Chinese Dragon, I understand your anti-India sentiment but apart from Indians, there are tons of other countries, with Chinese agents that are flooding markets with low end Chinese goods. Dubai wholesale godowns / warehouses have huge Chinese investments where they are bought and maintained by many Chinese businessmen who have a triad of manufacturers who ship goods by container loads and store them there for further conveyance at some point in time , to push into the Central Asian / Mid East / North African markets. Even in Dubai, the stationed Chinese importers play the same game of under-invoicing to get benefits of lower import duties if any . Try visiting countries like Tanzania where almost all import trade there is now taken over by expatriate mainland Chinese who have good connections with local govt.departments, beating everyone else in the game. Same with Kenya, same with Congo, same with Burundi.

Apart from cheap goods, under-invoicing goods at port of entry is an accepted / mutually agreed modus operandi between suppliers and importers. All I wanted to point out is that we (Indians) are not alone in this game. Besides, the original article was written by some Saudi. Not an Indian. Cool down.

Chinese Dragon, I understand your anti-India sentiment but apart from Indians, there are tons of other countries, with Chinese agents that are flooding markets with low end Chinese goods. Dubai wholesale godowns / warehouses have huge Chinese investments where they are bought and maintained by many Chinese businessmen who have a triad of manufacturers who ship goods by container loads and store them there for further conveyance at some point in time , to push into the Central Asian / Mid East / North African markets. Even in Dubai, the stationed Chinese importers play the same game of under-invoicing to get benefits of lower import duties if any . Try visiting countries like Tanzania where almost all import trade there is now taken over by expatriate mainland Chinese who have good connections with local govt.departments, beating everyone else in the game. Same with Kenya, same with Congo, same with Burundi.

Apart from cheap goods, under-invoicing goods at port of entry is an accepted / mutually agreed modus operandi between suppliers and importers. All I wanted to point out is that we (Indians) are not alone in this game. Besides, the original article was written by some Saudi. Not an Indian. Cool down.

I'm pretty sure that selling a fake iPhone as a real iPhone (as the Indian OP claimed) is a crime in all countries.

Plus, it's ridiculously easy to tell the difference between a fake and a real iPhone. If they were exactly the same, no one would buy a real iPhone.

Which brings us both to the same table of agreement that you pay what you get .. isn't it? People are willing to pay for a fake product, use it for its limited life and then buy another one. And this buying attitude doesn't confine to the third world. Being in the manufacturing field , I have seen how Americans themselves have suckered themselves into this type of thinking too (buy cheap, throw cheap).

I'm pretty sure that selling a fake iPhone as a real iPhone (as the Indian OP claimed) is a crime in all countries.

Plus, it's ridiculously easy to tell the difference between a fake and a real iPhone. If they were exactly the same, no one would buy a real iPhone.

Saudi and middle eastern markets are full of motley stuff. The Saudi's and Emirate guys are fond of branded stuff. It's a craze in that area.

Been using i phones for 4 yrs now , never came across a fake which i could not tell immediately. always but from a showroom which is an authorized dealer . you wont get cheated.
PS: original ones are an upward of 25k(iphone4) even today (iphone 5s is 53k for 16gb). The Chinese fakes are probably less then half . if some one cheated you by selling you a fake phone, then it was that guy who cheated you not the Chinese , as he not only sold you a phone which was a copy , he charged you the full amount for it.

China rocks.

When you buy a a copy of Iphone at Rs5000/-- only and it functions for almost two years than it was more worth then the money you paid.

The original Iphone (again made in china ) doesnt come at Rs5k

Fake Chinese phone dikha ke duniya ki aankon me dhul jhoonk sakte ho
par khud ko dhoka kaise doge

people go for original stuff for their self satisfaction

There are more poor in India then entire Africa (who cannot afford even one meal a day..)and these Indians are talking about original iPhones..jesus...Your priorities are fuc%ed up.

discouraged not to buy more Chinese products? facts speak volume than anything

Economy of Saudi Arabia

Main import partners
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China 13.5%
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 13.2%
23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png
South Korea 6.7%
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Germany 6.5%
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India 6.3%
23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan 6.0% (2012 est.)[9]
Grossexternal debt$127.4 billion (31 December 2012 est.)[10]

Put money where your mouth is,lol..

Fake Chinese phone dikha ke duniya ki aankon me dhul jhoonk sakte ho
par khud ko dhoka kaise doge

people go for original stuff for their self satisfaction

You missed the point.

I will hail and all those for whom China made it possible to get almost similar copy at affordable price.

As far as i have understood China has and had this idea in mind that there are majority of low-income, economy class population almost everywhere hence reaching out to them for such branded items but at lower price was the key. Both for capturing market as well as giving this middle economy class a sense of enjoyment, satisfaction (Keeping in mind the price they are paying for the copied item).

Any copy of iphone or even any copy of (same look) of branded shoe at just Rs1000 or less is worth the price.

Above all these days NO one keeps an item for years, people want to replace it with never versions and make.

may b saudis r discouraged seeing made in china,,,but Indians surely dont Mind if its china made or not......everybody will agree that Chinese made electronics r way cheaper thn western made...look at any laptop,even reputed companies like HP...the Chinese made will b cheaper thn euro ones.....
about fake products,,,,,well...they r illegal,...its wrong to blame the Chinese....

like me use non-smart phone of Tk 2,000 worth, you will not get hurt that much :enjoy:
My dear friend, I suggest you crawl out of the cave you've been living so long. It's the IT era currently. ;)

Back
Top Bottom