What's new

Made in Bangladesh

11173396_424928747669159_6411289152067353061_n.jpg
engine inn cc?

I hear you. But I think we should encourage auto manufacturing to advance local manufacturing expertise. As a country we've been waiting a while to get and maintain our own brand.

And being low cost - should appeal to a certain class of people (maybe not you or me). Plus parts and warranty support would be better.

Bangladesh has a whole subclass of people waiting to buy these types of cars. I'd rather have them buy these rather than sub-subcompact death traps in the Maruti 800 or (Allah forbid) the Tata Nano class. Those cars are made so cheap and flimsy they do not even pass Euro crash standards.

It's more of a matter of policy, actually. A Pajero Sport made in Bangladesh cost almost USD 90,000.

Additionally, for car-manufacturing to thrive, there must be sufficient infrastructure, power, expertise and sociopolitical stability. We don't want some ruffians burning newly made cars out in the open now do we?

The likes of Proton are never in the league of Allion, Premio, Sylphy, etc.

engine inn cc?

Lifan KPR 150 Specification

Engine Type: 4 Stroke, Single cylinder (water cooled)

Displacement: 149 cc

Compression Ratio: 11.4:1

Power: 14.8 BHP @ 8500 RPM

Torque: 14 Nm @ 6500 RPM

Transmission: 6 Speed

Cooling System: Water cooled

Ignition System: Electric

Weight: 150 kg

Length: 2060 mm

Width: 760 mm

Height: 1105 mm

Seat Height: 775 mm

Wheelbase: 1330 mm

Fuel Tank Capacity: 14 Liters

Seat: Split type

Front Brake: Disc

Rear Brake: Disc

Front Tire: 90/90 – 17

Rear Tire: 120/80 – 17

Warranty: 2 years or 20,000 km ENGINE warranty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Essentially a mini FZR styling-wise.

It's more of a matter of policy, actually. A Pajero Sport made in Bangladesh cost almost USD 90,000.

Additionally, for car-manufacturing to thrive, there must be sufficient infrastructure, power, expertise and sociopolitical stability. We don't want some ruffians burning newly made cars out in the open now do we?

The likes of Proton are never in the league of Allion, Premio, Sylphy, etc.

Well - to run, you need to crawl and walk first. All in good time. I believe when enough investments pour into a certain country (In this case ours), you will see more active countering of ruffian activity. I'm not worried about party cadres, goons and ruffians. You can control everything with money.

But we're getting off topic here. A stable Bangladesh is in everyone's interest - and not just the people who 'make' the Made in Bangladesh items. When money is being made, that can be distributed to everyone - including Khaleda, Hasina even JeI people....

I think the instigators of instability in Bangladesh do not understand this fundamental fact. Which is the height of stupidity.

Well - to run, you need to crawl and walk first. All in good time. I believe when enough investments pour into a certain country (In this case ours), you will see more active countering of ruffian activity. I'm not worried about party cadres, goons and ruffians. You can control everything with money.

But we're getting off topic here. A stable Bangladesh is in everyone's interest - and not just the people who 'make' the Made in Bangladesh items. When money is being made, that can be distributed to everyone - including Khaleda, Hasina even JeI people....

I think the instigators of instability in Bangladesh do not understand this fundamental fact. Which is the height of stupidity.

And how much money is ever enough? Can an illiterate man drunk with raw power control himself? It's misuse of power that is the focal, not money. You'd be surprised how much money beggars make! Money's everywhere.

Investments coming in are fine. But for those to happen, there must be confidence. And the election last year is a big part of that erosion in confidence. But there are some signs that things are a little bit better now, knowing fully well that the AL are here to stay. One can only hope that the economic plans would be enough to balance the sociopolitical issues.

I guess regardless of where we live, we Bangladeshis simply cannot shape the word as we like it to be, but take it what it is.

A commendable effort from PHP anyhow.

Bangladesh Float Glass Sector is self-sufficient and is exporting 25% of total production. There are four large players, NGIL (nasir Glass), PHP Group being the newcomers.Two other companies Osmania Glass, owned by the government and MEB by Ilias Brothers, a private business house in Chittagong, were in operation earlier. Of course there are numerous smaller companies in the sector as well.

These companies manufacture float glass, reflective glass, tempered glass, coated glass, mirrored glass, clear and colored glass as well as straight-line beveled glass (PHP). Nasir Glass is capable of manufacturing upwards of 20 mm thick glass. The others usually make up to 12 mm thick glass which are most in demand.

Currently, all four companies produce around 350 tonnes of glass a day against their combined capacity of around 400 tonnes, according to the respective officials. NGIL produces 180-200 tonnes a day, PHP produces 100 tonnes on a single day and Osmania and MEB congregate the rest.

Bangladesh had once met 70 percent of its demand for glass by imports, at the time 2003-04. Now the sector exports after fulfilling the country's total market demand for the product. The country is now saving crores of taka that was previously spent on import of this product.

Nasir Float Glass plant in KalurGhat, Chittagong
2009-02-08__b03.jpg

slider-2.jpg

Nasir Glass subsidiary for glass tubes (for CFL lamp) in Mirzapur, Tangail, Bangladesh
Nasir-2ed-500x279.jpg

DSC06607-500x667.jpg

The pre-engineered industrial structure and building (cladding)were all made locally as well. This particular project was executed by one of the larger firms PEB Steel Alliance Ltd.

PHP Float Glass Industries
FG_3-960x500.jpg

FG_6-960x500.jpg

FGQC1-960x500.jpg

And how much money is ever enough? Can an illiterate man drunk with raw power control himself? It's misuse of power that is the focal, not money. You'd be surprised how much money beggars make! Money's everywhere.

Investments coming in are fine. But for those to happen, there must be confidence. And the election last year is a big part of that erosion in confidence. But there are some signs that things are a little bit better now, knowing fully well that the AL are here to stay. One can only hope that the economic plans would be enough to balance the sociopolitical issues.

I guess regardless of where we live, we Bangladeshis simply cannot shape the word as we like it to be, but take it what it is.

A commendable effort from PHP anyhow.

Bangladesh as a country is not the size of larger countries (like India for example) which can keep brain drain in check (keep critical intellectual capital from flying out) as well as nurture democratic values successfully. Democracy and respect for human rights as well as civil society takes time to mature and comes with improved education and global exposure.

Even South Korea (which I'd term as a first world country) has demonstrations which sometimes turn violent from ruffian unionists. For that you have to have mobile water cannons etc.

The faster the standard of living and literacy goes up, the quicker we will get stability and a greater demand for democracy. Hoodlum and Goonda behavior is liked by no one. Their usage by political parties including burning tyres and whole vehicles (which I'd say is pretty much terrorism) will hopefully be on the decline as the distribution of wealth becomes more and more reasonable and less stark than it is today. Note I didn't say distribution of wealth will become equitable - that will never happen. I will happily eat my own words if it does.

Right now - as is the focus of this thread, we have to concentrate on filling empty bellies and providing the basics to everyone (health, sanitation, low cost housing). The rest will follow auto-magically.

Some will say I'm hopelessly (!) optimisitic. But optimism is all we have.

Lifan KPR 150 Specification

Engine Type: 4 Stroke, Single cylinder (water cooled)

Displacement: 149 cc

Compression Ratio: 11.4:1

Power: 14.8 BHP @ 8500 RPM

Torque: 14 Nm @ 6500 RPM

Transmission: 6 Speed

Cooling System: Water cooled

Ignition System: Electric

Weight: 150 kg

Length: 2060 mm

Width: 760 mm

Height: 1105 mm

Seat Height: 775 mm

Wheelbase: 1330 mm

Fuel Tank Capacity: 14 Liters

Seat: Split type

Front Brake: Disc

Rear Brake: Disc

Front Tire: 90/90 – 17

Rear Tire: 120/80 – 17

Warranty: 2 years or 20,000 km ENGINE warranty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Essentially a mini FZR styling-wise.

well in that case i would suggest u to take a look at this beast i own it 200cc(black): pulsar200ns
IMG_6307.jpg
download.jpg

i dont know if bajaj will launch this in bangladesh or not but if they do please take a look at this.....
and they hve a sports model too
Clear-images-of-the-Bajaj-Pulsar-200SS.jpg

Very Nice. Unfortunately Bangladesh Road Transport Authority still has bikes over 155 cc banned for import or use in this country.

Bajaj bikes have a large market share in Bangladesh and they are popular.

Last edited:
Very Nice. Unfortunately Bangladesh Road Transport Authority still has bikes over 155 cc banned for import or use in this country.
then suzuki gixxer and on higher end yamaha r15 are best for you guys :) (for performance )
i guess both must b available in bangladesh

what if a rich guy want to import a R1 or R6 or any other sports bike....wont govt allow him to import ?? or is it banned only for production?

Karnaphuli Industries has started assembling Haojue motorcycles of China at a Tk 100-crore plant in Tongi. The Chinese firm, Haojue Holdings, tied up with the local company to establish a foothold in the growing domestic market. Sales of the 150cc bikes kicked off yesterday at an event at Ruposhi Bangla Hotel in the city.

The bikes with a price tag of Tk 1.65 lakh will deliver a mileage of 50 kilometres per litre and hit roads across the country, said SM Nuruzzaman, senior general manager of Karnaphuli Industries.

The company plans to introduce another two models -- 100cc and 125cc -- next month.
Karnaphuli aims to sell 2,500 units of Haojue bikes this year and 13,800 units next year, Nuruzzaman told The Daily Star.

The bikes will be sold through eight showrooms and 42 dealers of Karnaphuli. Customers will get after-sales services for 10 years, he said, adding that the plant has a capacity of assembling 1,500 units a month.

Haojue has two motorcycle manufacturing bases in Jiangmen and Changzhou in China.

Haojue Holdings is also the manufacturer of Suzuki motorcycles and exporting this brand to more than 70 countries, including the USA, Australia and Japan, according to its website.

The motorcycle market in Bangladesh is heating up as Japanese auto giant Honda has already started selling locally assembled motorcycles and plans to open a manufacturing plant in the country in a couple of years. Currently, assemblers and manufacturers together sell 3 lakh to 3.5 lakh units of motorcycle a year, according to industry insiders.

The Indian Bajaj brand is the market leader in Bangladesh with its 45-49 percent share. Walton, Runner, TVS and Yamaha are the other leading brands.

10365846_1460784710862252_65283712459445198_n.jpg
10288744_1453152538292136_5884497264616377858_n.jpg
10486447_1447951222145601_6241262344833487861_n.jpg
10355467_1433822630225127_2143463877096796940_o.jpg
1270390_1433821340225256_229939898595746502_o.jpg
1384362_1408205372786853_7186198252352411643_n.jpg

Last edited:
then suzuki gixxer and on higher end yamaha r15 are best for you guys :) (for performance )
i guess both must b available in bangladesh

what if a rich guy want to import a R1 or R6 or any other sports bike....wont govt allow him to import ?? or is it banned only for production?

Well you can import all you want but you have to,

a) Register the bike
b) Get a road-fitness certificate for it to ride it on the roads.

None of the above will be possible if the displacement exceeds 155 cc. The reason (and its a pretty stupid one) is that the Police don't have more powerful bikes than 155 cc (standard Government issue equipment) and if criminals have more powerful bikes then they will outrun the cops. Also - BRTA lacks programs to educate bikers on safe bike-handling although the manufacturers have done a fairly commendable job through scheduled training and social media. The Govt. feels that general populace lack training to handle heavier bikes in the 250~600cc category and the rate of injuries or death will skyrocket.

IMHO they should give the police at least 500~750cc cruiser bikes because China-made ones are so inexpensive nowadays and lift this stupid ban. People should be allowed to decide what they will be able to afford and buy their own according to their budget.

That said however - there may be people who may already have imported some super-bikes (mainly sports bikes such as FZR 1000 etc.) just to drive it on closed circuits off limits to drivers. Common venues for such races may be in old small out-of-use runways. I used to hear some years ago that some well-off people used to race their Ferraris, Maseratis and Lamborghinis in this manner on runways. You can't really race these types of cars legally on the normal roads. And duty on luxury hard-core sports vehicles like those are around 300% (India's tarriffs are a lot lower for the same category). Yet quite a few are seen around Dhaka.

Last edited:
Well you can import all you want but you have to,

a) Register the bike
b) Get a road-fitness certificate for it to ride it on the roads.

None of the above will be possible if the displacement exceeds 155 cc. The reason (and its a pretty stupid one) is that the Police don't have more powerful bikes than 155 cc (standard Government issue equipment) and if criminals have more powerful bikes then they will outrun the cops. Also - BRTA lacks programs to educate bikers on safe bike-handling although the manufacturers have done a fairly commendable job through scheduled training and social media. The Govt. feels that general populace lack training to handle heavier bikes in the 250~600cc category and the rate of injuries or death will skyrocket.

IMHO they should give the police at least 500~750cc cruiser bikes because China-made ones are so inexpensive nowadays and lift this stupid ban. People should be allowed to decide what they will be able to afford and buy their own according to their budget.

That said however - there may be people who may already have imported some super-bikes (mainly sports bikes such as FZR 1100 etc.) just to drive it on closed circuits off limits to drivers. Common venues for such races may be in old small out-of-use runways. I used to hear some years ago that some well-off people used to race their Ferraris, Maseratis and Lamborghinis in this manner on runways. You can't really race these types of cars legally on the normal roads. And duty on luxury hard-core sports vehicles like those are around 300% (India's tarriffs are a lot lower for the same category). Yet quite a few are seen around Dhaka.
well this suck even here police dont have chasing vehicles..but what criminal can afford he 600cc port bike:crazy:
anyways we r going offtopic will discuss it some other day now this thread is deddicated from made in bangladesh :-):-)
keep posting:cheers:

One of the standard issue police bikes in China - Lifan 250 cc. IMHO the Bangladesh police forces (esp. Dhaka Metropolitan Police) should make this their standard issue and then lift the limit of displacement locally to at least 250 cc. This can take care of budget (not too expensive) but up the limit to allow better bike assembly locally for export.

922611_168577366638668_1732881613_o.jpg

Now onto shipping and Bangladesh' largest riverine yard in Munshiganj near Dhaka, Khan Brothers Shipbuilding (KBSBL). For the uninitiated - at least 100 local ships of anywhere from 400 DWT to 2000 DWT are built yearly by yards the likes of KBSBL and other smaller ones. The scale of tanker and MPC shipbuilding can be seen in the following images.

Some smaller (800 DWT) coastal oil tankers
Underconstructed-Ships-at-KBSBL112.jpg

2000 DWT inland coastal MPC Carriers
Undercontructed-2000-DWT-Oil-Tankers2.jpg

Under-constructed-ships-at-KBSBL-Shipyard-.jpg

Under-constructed-ships-at-Various-BLOCK--e1390811251294.jpg

03 nos. 2000 DWT coastal oil tanker
a-47.jpg

02 nos. 1500 DWT coastal oil tanker
a-5.jpg

Airbag Launching of 1500 DWT coastal Oil Tanker
1500-dwt-oil-tanker.jpg