What's new

Macbook Air v Windows OS laptop

Menace2Society

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am deciding on buying a laptop but I am in two minds over which one to buy.

I mainly need it for work purposes so no gaming but will be using photoshop and illustrator amongst other things.

Macbook Air 13 inch looks amazing but price tag worth it? Just 4GB ram and 4th gen i5, 1.5ghz processor for that price??

Are there are any good alternatives?

Well your requirements are high but if you want a decent netbook with Win 8.1 and a battery backup of more than 10 hours you should give Asus EeeBook X205TA a try.(Costs 14,200 INR)
I own this netbook and fully satisfied but it is not good for anything other than Internet browsing and watching movies.

I mainly need it for work purposes so no gaming but will be using photoshop and illustrator amongst other things.

Macbook Air 13 inch looks amazing but price tag worth it? Just 4GB ram and 4th gen i5, 1.5ghz processor for that price??

you can get a better spec Win 8.1 based laptop you should try looking into Lenovo Thinkpad series professional and good price...they have bumped up display resolution at least 8gb ddr 3 and same graphic chip that mac uses Intel iris 4500/5000...As for processor check they might feature 5th Gen but 4th Gen would still be produced for next couple of years. Core i5 or i7 are relative inexpensive these days...check for i5 with 1.7ghz with turbo boost up to 2.6ghz if it requires processing power occasionally. I would strongly advise do not opt for Asus or hp or non ThinkPad but do look at specs and price.

Last edited:
Asus X550CC-XX876H X is a beast in just $550.
  • 4 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 4th Gen i3 (1.8 ghz)
  • 750 GB HDD
  • Windows 8
  • 2 GB dedicated Graphics RAM
  • Nvidia GT 720M Graphics Chip

I have used both systems, OS X is cool but Windows gives you unlimited compatibility with all kind of apps. Another option is to go for MacBook and create a partition with Windows OS, you've got best of both the worlds then.

Asus X550CC-XX876H X is a beast in just $550.
  • 4 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 4th Gen i3 (1.8 ghz)
  • 750 GB HDD
  • Windows 8
  • 2 GB dedicated Graphics RAM
  • Nvidia GT 720M Graphics Chip

worst notebook with poor battery and low on memory with common display resolution.

Hello Sir....I think Macbook Air 13 inch will cost you approx. 75,000INR.... Macbook will be a great choice( because of its build quality as a product of Apple)....But if you want a higher specification laptop then i will recommend you HP Envy 15 j133tx.......
It comes packed with
->4th Generation Intel i7 4702MQ Quad Core processor clocked at 2.2GHZ with Turbo Boost upto 3.2GHZ...The CPU is having Cache memory of 6MB and also supports Intel Hyperthreading Technology and a lower TDP of 37W making the CPU good power efficient....Also it comes packed with inbuilt Intel® HD Graphics 4600 which is very good for high performance....The CPU can support maximum of 32GB RAM...

->8GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM

->NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (4 GB DDR3 dedicated) which is very good for high performance gaming.....
->15.6" diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit (1366 x 768)
->1 TB Harddisk
->Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector), Bluetooth v4.0, WIFI 802.11b/g/n
->Beats Audio Playback; 4 speakers and two Subwoofers........:smitten:
and this laptop runs on Windows 8.1 64bit OS .... This laptop is also having a fingerprint scanner module.....It is also having 4 USB 3.0 Slots....Backlit Keyboard.....HD Webcam.....Laptop Weights 2.19KGs approx....6 Cell battery.....

0003374_hp-envy-15-j133tx-laptop-4th-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-win81-4gb-graph-natural-silver.jpg

HP%20Envy%2015-j133TX%20.jpg

Contact HP Support and Customer Service | HP® Support

In the End Sir, i think if you want the best build quality and a much famous branded name then go with Macbook but if you want higher performance than you can choose any laptop with good specifications...........:-)

Well if your pocket isn't tight
clear.png
then go for a higher end laptop regardless of requirement.:big_boss:

As for OS, my personal choice is Windows.

Get a Alienware :D it is owned by Dell and they give discount from the list price I got a good deal calling them.

what would you be doing on it?? do you do professional work?
nvm you said what you do :D work.
then I would go for a Mac.

what would you be doing on it?? do you do professional work?
nvm you said what you do :D work.
then I would go for a Mac.

Wait you suggesting macbook air for professional photography editing and adobe products.? It can hardly do that my brother is Apple fan and long time experienced with products if one has money go for macbook pro other wise $700-1100 much better spec products are out there and Lenovo is leading also has similar quality to apple products...

PS. Lenovo Thinkpad series are military grade reliable tough and if one has to buy just to do couple of specifics stuff on notebook I rather buy older laptop upgrade ram with fast OS like Win 8.1 and ssd drive under 40,000 rs...tell you guys what my brother brought ThinkPad X230 upgraded 8gb ram..win 7professional...3rd Gen core i5 processor 2.3ghz with corporate warranty since some company is selling it to dealers and they sell It to other clients guess the price?...only 270 US dollar and man what a fast silent notebook it is..i have tested it so far does everything including movie/ photo editing and other web programming..

I don,t trust closed source OSes Linux for life baby

Windows is much more targeted by viruses. Some very nasty ones like ransomware. Read about this dangerous type of virus: soft2secure com/knowledgebase/cryptowall

Back
Top Bottom