What's new

M4 Carbine, United States

Any pictures of this gun?

Here you go :D

Colt M4 carbine, current issue model with removable carrying handle

M4A1 carbine (current production model with removable carrying handle)

Old-style M4 carbine (integral carrying handle) with M203 40mm grenade launcher.

Current issue M4A1 carbine with RIS-mounted M203 grenade launcher and a telescope sight

I have used Armalite and Bushmaster variants during my time, i love the weapon so much i have a civvie version of it which i bought at great expense.

Here is a pic of my Armalite AR-15 Sporter:

http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ar15sportersp1carbineap7.jpg
http://g.imageshack.us/img120/ar15sportersp1carbineap7.jpg/1/

Before someone asks me, no i am not a fan of C-Mags (Drum Mags) and whilst you do get Pakistani Idiots on Youtube showing off with Ar14 + 90 Round Cmags firing off into the air widely, endangering self and those around you.

I use my little baby for PR: Practical Rifle competitions we have with friends in Mianwali and Bhakkar. We should make a page for peoples gun collection i would like to share what i have and see what other members keep in their gun locker.

:enjoy:

I have had several versions of this rifle.Some I built, others I bought. They are fun to shoot, ammo is not costly, they seem to be accurate. They must be kept clean though to prevent jams.

Nothing better than an M4 with an ACOG scope :sniper:

Only problem is maintenance and longterm reliability.

can anyone tell me of what version the Pakistan Army use the M4 Carbine?:)

they seem to be accurate. They must be kept clean though to prevent jams.

Bro dont mean to argue (Well yes i do) but how do you mean seems to be accurate, it is either "Accurate" or "Inaccurate" no middle way about it... Secondly in the army you are taught three things: A) Take care of your Feet, B) Take care of your undercarrage C) Take care of your weapon. And you will come home ( Hopefully)...

No matter what weapon you have, u need to take care of it... Anyways please do share snaps of your stock. I have a Benellie and a M92FS i will post when i have time to take some snaps...

Nothing better than an M4 with an ACOG scope :sniper:

Only problem is maintenance and longterm reliability.

M4 Carbine effectiveness
An April 2002 presentation by the Natick Soldier Center presented by LTC Charlie Dean and SFC Sam Newland reported on lessons learned from M4 use in Afghanistan (such as use during Operation Anaconda):

34% of soldiers reported that their M4's handguards rattle and become excessively hot when firing.
15% reported that they had trouble zeroing the M68 reflex sight.
35% added barber brushes and 24% added dental picks to their cleaning kits.
Soldiers reported the following malfunctions:
20% reported double-feeding.
15% reported feeding jams.
13% reported that feeding problems were usually due to magazines.
89% of soldiers reported confidence in the weapon.
20% were dissatisfied with its ease of maintenance.
Soldiers requested the following changes:

55% requested the firearm be made lighter
20% requested a slightly larger magazine

M4 Carbine effectiveness
An April 2002 presentation by the Natick Soldier Center presented by LTC Charlie Dean and SFC Sam Newland reported on lessons learned from M4 use in Afghanistan (such as use during Operation Anaconda):

34% of soldiers reported that their M4's handguards rattle and become excessively hot when firing.
15% reported that they had trouble zeroing the M68 reflex sight.
35% added barber brushes and 24% added dental picks to their cleaning kits.
Soldiers reported the following malfunctions:
20% reported double-feeding.
15% reported feeding jams.
13% reported that feeding problems were usually due to magazines.
89% of soldiers reported confidence in the weapon.
20% were dissatisfied with its ease of maintenance.
Soldiers requested the following changes:

55% requested the firearm be made lighter
20% requested a slightly larger magazine

Thnks Imran! Altough to be honest the 55% that said the weapon should be lighter should develop some upper arm strenght, its one of the lightest weapons i have come across!

can anyone tell me of what version the Pakistan Army use the M4 Carbine?:)

raqib this SSG prson out side lal masjid image M4AI with full Accessories

3fc7578c862d465a9ddeb5402d00cc5b.jpg

75094126.jpg

but here only telescope

a_ssg38_1_.jpg

here is with leser
24683f57585102e1dddc1ad8b1172bd2.jpg

They are plenty of these down in PTS Sihallah! Pitty the ones trained to use them dont get access to them, they are stored from Training Purposes only. At the present moment only a small contingent of Rnagers ISW: Internal Security Wing and Pak Army SSG actively employ the M4.

I know that Islamabad ATS to have some in stock but then again it is situated in Sihallah and me be stuck with the same red tape as the ones for use by Cobra Course qualified Elite Members.

The Malaysian army is intending to replace the Steyr AUGs they have had in service for 17 years with this weapon.

The best option these days IMO is bull pup design assault rifles and they are the wave of the future. From firing it, the Steyr AUG is probably the best rifle in Pakistani inventory. I wish that more bullpup rifles chambered in 5.56 are bought for FC and Rangers.

I've used the COLT M4 at a couple of occasions. Frankly, I was never impressed. Compared with H&K, Colt M4 is nothing but an unreliable piece of plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I don't like how the gun has to be cocked as it is a bit disorienting but HK 416 is definitely a nice design for people who like this platform.

Back
Top Bottom