What's new

M2000 and F-16 are no match to Su-30MKI : IAF Sukhoi Su-30 ‘Flanker’ Pilot

Hi,

So---you think they are not going to prepare just because 2 aircraft were shot down---?

Very interesting---just read what you wrote---defies common sense---.
Of course they r going to prepare based on the limited action Pak took(as I already stated in my post). If Pak was to take more action and reveal more of its tactics then the enemy would be prepared more for next time. In short the less they know the better.

Of course they r going to prepare based on the limited action Pak took(as I already stated in my post). If Pak was to take more action and reveal more of its tactics then the enemy would be prepared more for next time. In short the less they know the better.

Hi,

It does not work that way---. If you kill 1 or kill 10---an intelligent enemy will prepare to counter in the best possible manner---.

Innocent man---they know all they need to know now---.

Hi,

For that particular reason---I had stated that the Paf air command fkd up bad---they had the chance to smash the might of the SU30 to kingdom come and they let it escape with all its integrity---.

If the Paf had taken out 5 or 6 of them that night---the SU30 was a dead aircraft and nothing would have revived it---.

But alas---enemies of pakistan are all from within---.

It would have also given air superiority to PAF and all of Indian armed forces would be at mercy of Pakistan's airforce!

I think if Pakistan had pressed the war till 28th Feruary, Indian army would have been encircled between Kashmiris and fire from Pak side. They had no choice but to surrender before the eve of 28th February. Unless US call upon Pakistan PM.

Last edited:

Ho,

So---could you be saying in other words that---the Paf knew how strong and how weak was it---thus it acted accordingly---.

Is that correct assessment---?

Ho,

So---could you be saying in other words that---the Paf knew how strong and how weak was it---thus it acted accordingly---.

Is that correct assessment---?
No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that PAF for its part tries to do everything it can with it's limited resources to counter IAF...both during peacetime and wartime. This includes not only purchasing fighter jets and weaponry...but also tactics and strategies(e.g. holding exercises with Chinese flankers).

A glimpse of this was shown in the February skirmish...although actual details of the op are hard to come by...I assume that PAF jammed incoming BVR(Russian origin) missiles and basically made IAF toothless. This resulted in PAF suffering no losses of its jets and possibly was the reason why IAF had to back down and not retaliate in the manner PAF retaliated(sending fighter jets and attacking enemy territory). Instead they tried to save face by making claims of downing F16 and other such things. Shortly after that clash news emerged of IAF seeking Israeli and European BVR missiles. Based on these things and the thread on PDF claiming PAF's use of its Dassault Falcons...I think that PAF did very successfully manage to jam incoming IAF's BVR missiles.

Now getting back to what I was saying that it's meaningless and disadvantageous to reveal ur hand in a minor skirmish that only makes ur enemy better prepared. Let's assume for a second that PAF had tried to do what u suggested(destroying 5 to 6 Su30 MKI). If PAF pushed for that...IAF is no slouch...realizing that their BVR missiles are not effective they would've closed the distance. Su30MKI is a twin engine aircraft and has TVC...it would definitely outperform JF17 in a dogfight. Therefore in absence of a BVR fight working in ur favor and enemy still trying to take u down, it would've been their next best option to close range with PAF aircraft. In this case PAF would've had to reveal more of its hand by using tactics and strategies learned against Chinese flankers if it hoped to down more Su30MKI.

...which again would show the enemy what u r capable of...and they will account for it the next time...and now u have lost an edge that u held before.

Last edited:
It would have also given air superiority to PAF and all of Indian armed forces would be at mercy of Pakistan's airforce!

I think if Pakistan had pressed the war till 28th Feruary, Indian army would have been circulated between Kashmiris and fire from Pak side. They had no choice but to surrender before the eve of 28th February. Unless US call upon Pakistan PM.

On one hand you first type stuff that can make most Pakistanis and Indians laugh out aloud.
And the last sentence you make clear who the master is and who the slave is.
Don't know why you have written this really.

On one hand you first type stuff that can make most Pakistanis and Indians laugh out aloud.
And the last sentence you make clear who the master is and who the slave is.
Don't know why you have written this really.

Pakistanis on this forum dislikes me due to sectarian hate!
Indians only like those Pakistanis who can function as useful idiots!

Ring the bells..

mki.jpg

Hi,

For that particular reason---I had stated that the Paf air command fkd up bad---they had the chance to smash the might of the SU30 to kingdom come and they let it escape with all its integrity---.

If the Paf had taken out 5 or 6 of them that night---the SU30 was a dead aircraft and nothing would have revived it---.

But alas---enemies of pakistan are all from within---.

That would mean all out war. We didn't want to escalate. Even the su-30 mki we downed we are not claiming it officially. Cuz the last thing we need right right now is a full war with india..
Pakistan's economy needs work. That is where priorities are.

No one wins a war always remember that. Even if we have an upper hand there is always a strategy to follow.

For those who think su-30 is superior or rafale is super to pakistani vipers or thunders they should know a weapon is only as good as a human wielding it. Indian mentality is inferior. Strategy inferior and priorities inferior when compared to pakistan in battlefield environment. We pakistaniz and muslims shine in a battlefield. India is just 3 times bigger we can take down 10 times bigger enemies...
Its not the weapons which win wars its the Men!

Last edited:
That would mean all out war. We didn't want to escalate. Even the su-30 mki we downed we are not claiming it officially. Cuz the last thing we need right right now is a full war with india..
Pakistan's economy needs work. That is where priorities are.

No one wins a war always remember that. Even if we have an upper hand there is always a strategy to follow.

For those who think su-30 is superior or rafale is super to pakistani vipers or thunders they should know a weapon is only as good as a human wielding it. Indian mentality is inferior. Strategy inferior and priorities inferior when compared to pakistan in battlefield environment. We pakistaniz and muslims shine in a battlefield. India is just 3 times bigger we can take down 10 times bigger enemies...
Its not the weapons which win wars its the Men!

then what happened on 16 dec 1971?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom