What's new

M-5 -- Multan - Sukkur Motorway

That is true, I travelled recently. 3-4 of rest areas are operational with fuel availability. However this motorway is not safe at all as stray dogs are there. Encountered few of them on my travel south ward and return.

Really? I saw a few dead cats and dogs on the nothern part of M4, while M5 was smooth and unevenful.

Now I wait for a Hyderabad-Sukkur Motorway. N-5 was extremely congested when I last travelled and multiple overloaded trucks broke down or crashed.

1613414437055.png

Really? I saw a few dead cats and dogs on the nothern part of M4, while M5 was smooth and unevenful.

Now I wait for a Hyderabad-Sukkur Motorway. N-5 was extremely congested when I last travelled and multiple overloaded trucks broke down or crashed.
Even M 3 has the same problem. I travel frequently on these routes and have encountered many a times. The barbed wire on sides is damaged at many a places. Police presence on M 5 is also lower. It shall take some time to improve condition of approach routes from smaller cities like sadiqabad, Rahim Yar khan etc. You can spot a lot of problems which shall get better with time Insha Allah.
However, this road has brought a lot of ease for the travelers reducing the travel time to half.

Motorway Police installs advance speed cameras on Motorway M-5

Starting from Multan the six lane motorway passes through Jalalpur Pirwala, Ahmedpur East, Rahimyar Khan, Sadiqabad, Ubauro and Pano Aqil before it terminates at Sukkur. This Project costs about 2.89 Billion.

The cameras are functional on many spots of M5 motorway that will track all the movement of Traffic and also keep track of Challan system of overspeeding vehicles

This Whole system is now automated, helping the Challan system across whole highway. It will deduct the Challan recklessly overspeeding car and simply upon breaking traffic rules.

The motorway (M5) was inaugurated on 5 November 2019, consisting of 12 service areas and 11 interchanges.

1626645683933.png

1636636869900.png

Warning messages to be displayed at Variable Message Signs (VMS) to alert the commuters to slow down the over speeding vehicle at Multan - Sukkur Motorway (M-5), a smart motorway based on Intelligent Transportation System (ITS).

Over speeding on M5 was a common practice. This system will level it down, though it is very safe and smooth motorway.

*GO Petroleum (fuel providers on Sukkur Multan Motorway M-5*, two fully equipped AMBULANCES with drivers and medical staff have been placed on the disposal of Motorway Police for M-5 to be used in case of any untoward situation/ emergency 24/7 for the service of the commuters.

1640370172700.png

Back
Top Bottom