What's new

M-4 -- Faisalabad Multan Motorway

Shamkot interchange khanewal.
Ek side k toll plaza ban raha hy. Dusri side ka abi ramps par he kaam ho raha hy

Photo Credit: Mohsan Iqbal Chishty

IMG20190828120723.jpg
IMG20190828120721.jpg
IMG20190828120606.jpg
IMG20190828120733.jpg
IMG20190828120729.jpg

Last edited:
September Updates as on October 6...

Shamkot Interchange

YFTaxqg.jpg

Kabirwala Interchange

s3ybDoz.jpg

Makhdoompur Interchange

3ZOOmYG.jpg

View attachment 586301

Can anyone confirm above news.?

Took this government around 1.5 years just to inaugurate an already completed project. Think about how much revenue it could’ve generated if only it was opened to public when it was completed. Speaks volume about the mindset and the ability of this current government.

Took this government around 1.5 years just to inaugurate an already completed project. Think about how much revenue it could’ve generated if only it was opened to public when it was completed. Speaks volume about the mindset and the ability of this current government.
This is an incorrect news. Previous govt inaugurated M4 with only few kilometers complete. All bridges, exits, even entry from M2 was done after they departed. Politicians are not interested in motorway completion but its inauguration only. Just like M2 which was completed by Musharaf and not MNS.
On a different note. If Abdul Hakim Khanewal section is open then its a wonderful drive to Sukkur. In September I drove from Lahore to Sukkur, entering M2 at around 1045 hours. I was in Sukkur by 1930 hours via M5, though it was officially open. I also lost time from Abdul Hakim to Kahnewal and another hour due to some administrative reasons. Now people should be able to make it to Sukkur in 6 hours or so. Sukkur - Karachi is another 5 hours. ideal for groups travelling on this route, better than by air travel.

عبد الحکیم خانیوال موٹروے کو ہر قسم کی ٹریفک کے لیے کھول دیا گیا ہے۔

This is an incorrect news. Previous govt inaugurated M4 with only few kilometers complete. All bridges, exits, even entry from M2 was done after they departed. Politicians are not interested in motorway completion but its inauguration only. Just like M2 which was completed by Musharaf and not MNS.
On a different note. If Abdul Hakim Khanewal section is open then its a wonderful drive to Sukkur. In September I drove from Lahore to Sukkur, entering M2 at around 1045 hours. I was in Sukkur by 1930 hours via M5, though it was officially open. I also lost time from Abdul Hakim to Kahnewal and another hour due to some administrative reasons. Now people should be able to make it to Sukkur in 6 hours or so. Sukkur - Karachi is another 5 hours. ideal for groups travelling on this route, better than by air travel.

The thing is, I ve been using M4 all the way till Gojra and Toba tek Singh since 2016. Almost twice a month. While the shorkot section also became unofficially active at the end of 2017 . The only bridge that needed completion was the Khanewal one near Abdul Hakeem, which was hampering the connecting of shorkot-Abdul hakeen-Khanewal section. So I believe you are mistaken there.
Btw M4 connects from the Faisalabad(M3)not M2. So Faisalabad onward is M4.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom