What's new

Lungi March to Baridhara Park

Dunno how it is in India but here, for most multi-nationals & otherwise medium-to-large local companies - Its Formal Attire that is compulsory otherwise you have to get permission from the HR Department on wearing something else or sometimes growing a beard, on religious grounds which is almost always granted.

Hamare yahan you can wear casuals only on Fri. and Sat. But the rule is not strictly enforced :smokin:. HR vaale bade sust log hain.

Yeah multinationals will have a fixed dress code for the sake of uniformity because they need to deal with clients of various origin. However there are ethnic days where you can wear your ethnic attire.

So how is the Lungi march going on

lungi1.jpg

A few words after what @iajdani said in his last post. You have certainly watched Hollywood movies based on stories 1500 or 2000 years old. Do you see any shirt and pant wearing Gora Sahabs in those films? It is an absolute NO. It means western society and dresses have evolved during many centuries. What we see as western dress today is not actually the dress they used to wear even 300 years ago. Ages change and with this the dress codes also change.

In the modern age people have to work hard and compete with the machines that were also developed by the Goras. It is not possible to work in the machine shops/factories efficiently without wearing fitting clothes. You are a Vaderra in Pakistan with thousands of acres of land. Come out and see the real world. Only then you will understand the necessity of pants and shirts, which you dislike because these have been developed in Europe. Like English, these dresses have also become internationally accepted.

Perhaps Armstrong is trying to say that things belonging to our tradition could've flourished and established like European or British heritage. Like you said English is now globally accepted, this way one language of this subcontinent could have been accepted. If the Chinese attires that he mentioned were accepted around the globe, people would wear that without any hesitation like we now wear Western attires.

It's the injection of their cultures while they were on their colonial mission around the world. It's their quality too, without qualification nobody is able to do that.

What is Vaderra?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno how it is in India but here, for most multi-nationals & otherwise medium-to-large local companies - Its Formal Attire that is compulsory otherwise you have to get permission from the HR Department on wearing something else or sometimes growing a beard, on religious grounds which is almost always granted.

To grow beard no one has to get permission here. If any company has such rule, they can't survive here long.

To grow beard no one has to get permission here. If any company has such rule, they can't survive here long.

Neither here but some companies expect us to be clean-shaved & if someone says they don't want to because of some religious reasons then its alright; what I was alluding to was that they don't really allow those funky beards & stuff that makes one look like a teenager who just got over-creative with a razor blade.

most accountants here have a beard, almost every corporation i have visited have a bearded accountant, even my dad has a mullah accountant:lol:
Also in most big offices you will find a place for namaz and they have a jamaat during zuhr prayers.

@Armstrong, in Bengal and most part of Hindustan the Lungi is sewed from top to bottom, so it becomes like a closed skirt. But, in west Punjab, I have seen farmers wearing Lungis that are not sewed and remain split. So, it is quite good for working in a farm. Although one leg is always seen by others, nevertheless, it is quite functional. You may see it even today, I guess.

the Baridhara Society has a new rule - Rickshawalas inside Baridhara have start wearing pants at all times and can’t enter if they are in lungis. Guards are downright nasty to any rickshawala in a lungi and have been instructed by the society to shoo them away. Such rickshaws are held up by the guards on their way back and sometimes their tires are punctured. The new Chairman of the society is responsible for this 'remarkable' facelift. I bet his forefathers could afford nothing but lungis and he himself wears a tuxedo/shiny sleeping gown even when he goes to bed.

So boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen, local Bideshi and Bideshi Bideshis, please join in groups wearing your favorite 'Lungis' of any length, color, pattern and peacefully march past Baridhara Park and let some air in your lungis.

One Nation No Discrimination.
Happy Lungi Times!

source: https://www.facebook.com/events/488292637891538/?group_id=0

Wish I had a lungi:laugh:

see this video guys :omghaha:

লুঙ্গি বাঁচাও বারিধারা হটাও লুঙ্গি বিষয়ে ক্ষোভ প্রকাশ।

Back
Top Bottom