What's new

Lungi March to Baridhara Park

I don't intend to get into class warfare. I mean, how can they be this ****ing ignorant in the midst of so much crap on our plates already? Sheesh...

people in baridhara and gulshan live in a different world. Talk to a girl in gulshan club and talk to a girl from any where in bd, you will know what i am talking about. The gulshan girls what i describe as 'hawae hawae bhashe' or they live in a fairy land.

From the look of those pics, it seems to me some punks are making fun Lungi and Rishkawalas.

HC demands explanation on ban on lungi-clad people at Baridhara

DHAKA, April 16, 2013 (BSS) - The High Court (HC) today demanded an explanation on a ban on lungi-clad rickshaw pullers and people in the "posh" Baridhara area amid reports of restriction on the use of traditional attire there. A HC bench comprising Justice Kazi- Rezaul-Haque and Justice ABM Altaf Hossain on a suo moto rule asked the Baridhara Society president and general secretary to explain in 72 hours why legal actions would not be taken against them for imposing restrictions on lungi-clad people. The bench also asked police's deputy commissioner at Gulshan zone and officer-in-charge of Gulshan police station to reply why the Baridhara Society move should not be declared illegal. "The report of imposing a ban of lungi- clad in Baridhara area has been published in an English daily. The HC took the report into cognizance and issued the rule," deputy attorney general Biswajit Roy told the reporters. Approached for comments on the issue Baridhara Society president Firoz M Hassan declined report saying no decision was taken to ban lungi-clad people. "The question does not arise (of imposing the ban) I my rather wanted the join the youths "lungi march" but police did not allowed them to march inside the Baridhara area," Hassan told BSS. He, however, said the Society wanted to discipline the vehicle movement to minimize traffic congestion in the area through motivation.

http://www1.bssnews.net/newsDetails.php?cat=0&id=325544&date=2013-04-16

Back
Top Bottom