What's new

LTTE defeat is not good for the region

Why? So that you cal illtreat your own people? LTTE was born out of a genuine need for separatism becuz SL govt. didn't accord the same rights to the tamils. U should b thankful that India & other asian/african countries didn't vote to get a war crimes approved against SL leaders.

U R talking about the rights, go back to your country and see what u do with the rights of Dolits and other so called lower class people.

Many of them are converting to Islam due to your treatment of them. So think before u say anything about equal treatments of people.

U R talking about the rights, go back to your country and see what u do with the rights of Dolits and other so called lower class people.

Many of them are converting to Islam due to your treatment of them. So think before u say anything about equal treatments of people.

Well, the caste based discrimination that exists among some hindus is despicable, though it is disappearing slowly IMO, partly due to reservation etc. But to compare it to illtreatment meted to a racial or religious minority - and by illtreatment - i mean genuine crimes and subjugation through force - is something that's not on the same scale.:disagree::disagree:

Well, the caste based discrimination that exists among some hindus is despicable, though it is disappearing slowly IMO, partly due to reservation etc. But to compare it to illtreatment meted to a racial or religious minority - and by illtreatment - i mean genuine crimes and subjugation through force - is something that's not on the same scale.:disagree::disagree:

How can u so easily discard cast system as a lesser of the two evils. in my opinion cast system is the worst as it is done knowingly, where as discrimination is sometimes due to some unforeseen circumstance that exist in a society. But cast system is worst of the two.

Now India had several hundred years to take care of cast system, but it is funny when u say it will take some time and it not so bad in India.

How can u so easily discard cast system as a lesser of the two evils. in my opinion cast system is the worst as it is done knowingly, where as discrimination is sometimes due to some unforeseen circumstance that exist in a society. But cast system is worst of the two.

Now India had several hundred years to take care of cast system, but it is funny when u say it will take some time and it not so bad in India.

I think war crimes and caste discrimination are not the same thing. I was specifically referring to some of the war crimes that Sri Lanka had perpetrated during the civil war, especially the latter stages. Pl. don't trivialise the issue.

btw, in Pakistan there is a lot of problems like the minorities issue as revealed with the jazia issue recently, not to forget other discriminations. but that's beyond the point of this thread.

Disputed only by Pakistan, i.e.:taz:

How easily u forget the last visit by U.K. foreign minister. And how easy u forget about the recent speech by Hilary about Pakistan and Kashmir.

Again u Indians have looking through tunnel vision, and dirty glasses.

How easily u forget the last visit by U.K. foreign minister. And how easy u forget about the recent speech by Hilary about Pakistan and Kashmir.

Again u Indians have looking through tunnel vision, and dirty glasses.

Speeches and visits are being ignored left right and centre. UN Secy' Gen. also made a speech after visiting Sri Lanka and talk about the war crimes etc. which is of a more serious and sinister nature.

Do u care about it? No. So don't talk about tunnel vision, when it's ur glass that's dirty & can only think about muslim self preservation rather than a genuine concern for minorities.

Either everyone who's oppressed in the world gets equal rights to self determination/rule or no one gets it. Most Pakistanis conveniently support only Palestine or Kashmir ignoring the rest & even making fun of it. No wonder, hardly anyone listens to the muslim world as a whole, cuz they generally have double speak.

Speeches and visits are being ignored left right and centre. UN Secy' Gen. also made a speech after visiting Sri Lanka and talk about the war crimes etc. which is of a more serious and sinister nature.

Do u care about it? No. So don't talk about tunnel vision, when it's ur glass that's dirty & can only think about muslim self preservation rather than a genuine concern for minorities.

Either everyone who's oppressed in the world gets equal rights to self determination/rule or no one gets it. Most Pakistanis conveniently support only Palestine or Kashmir ignoring the rest & even making fun of it. No wonder, hardly anyone listens to the muslim world as a whole, cuz they generally have double speak.

How do you figure that we the Muslims do not care about others, we cared about Sikh Holy temple being desecrated by your Army, we care about you oppressing lower class Hindus, and we invite them to become Muslim and than they will become equals with us in every which way.

We do care about killings in Africa, of tootsies.

But you just wan a be clever to confuse the matter and say strange thing like Muslims do not care.

ask question before pointing fingers at Muslims.
In Africa as Hootoos and Tootsie killed each other(Both Christians) in Rwanda. but Muslim Hootoos and Tootsies did NOT fight each other but instead gave refuge to ALL, Christians n Muslims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disputed only by Pakistan, i.e.:taz:

Google shows kashmir as a red line which means DISPUTED Territory. Doesn't matter what india thinks :enjoy:

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 13
I think war crimes and caste discrimination are not the same thing. I was specifically referring to some of the war crimes that Sri Lanka had perpetrated during the civil war, especially the latter stages. Pl. don't trivialise the issue.

btw, in Pakistan there is a lot of problems like the minorities issue as revealed with the jazia issue recently, not to forget other discriminations. but that's beyond the point of this thread.

U r clueless, let me enlighten you about jazia.

Jazia is a name for non Muslims ans the name for Muslim is Zakat, both Muslims and non Muslim pay the same percentage, around 2%.

So there is no difference in payments except the name, one is Jazia and the other is zakat. And therefore u are not hard done by living with Muslims, in fact u r treated much better than many other cultures and Religions.

U assume too many things as u have been brain washed against Islam by those who do not want you to know the facts.

Is Jazia practiced in Pakistan and compulsory?

Is Jazia practiced in Pakistan and compulsory?

No it is not as the zakat is not either as Pakistan is Islamic Republic on the style of Mohammad Ali Jinnah's dream, so nothing is forced on no body.

No it is not as the zakat is not either as Pakistan is Islamic Republic on the style of Mohammad Ali Jinnah's dream, so nothing is forced on no body.

Thanks. Jazia and zakat are two different things and should be paid in two different perspective and not comparable. Zakat is a farz to every muslim and compulsory. Jazia can be collected in some special circumstances. A non muslim automatically does not fall under Jazia just because they live in a muslim country.

Anyways back to topic.

There is no way you can compare a Kashmiri Freedom Strugle with the LTTE group. Kashmiri Strugle has compleetely been transformed into a Political strugle simillar to the one which Congress or Muslim League did to get independance from the British rule. The movement going on in Kashmir is compleetely free of Arms .

How do you figure that we the Muslims do not care about others, we cared about Sikh Holy temple being desecrated by your Army, we care about you oppressing lower class Hindus, and we invite them to become Muslim and than they will become equals with us in every which way.

We all know that you "cared" about the Sikh Holy temple only because it meant that it would cause needless rampage & riots in India later on. But when it happenned to the Red Mosque most sane pakistanis supported Pak Army's similar move to flush out terrorists. I'm not a Hindu, so don't try to pass moral judgements on me. Moreover, oppressed Hindus don't really convert because they'll lose out on govt. reservation etc. etc. So it's not really a case of them wanting to really change the system also, cause they're gaining something too. And even if they do convert, a large % in India convert to Buddhism & only a small % convert to Islam or Christianity.

We do care about killings in Africa, of tootsies.

But you just wan a be clever to confuse the matter and say strange thing like Muslims do not care.

ask question before pointing fingers at Muslims.
In Africa as Hootoos and Tootsie killed each other(Both Christians) in Rwanda. but Muslim Hootoos and Tootsies did NOT fight each other but instead gave refuge to ALL, Christians n Muslims.

It was the local muslims who supported that. None of the international diaspora of muslims, specifically Pakistani muslims have any positive role in the Rwanda genocide. Which is what I wanted to highlight & you've done that yourself. Thanks.

Thanks. Jazia and zakat are two different things and should be paid in two different perspective and not comparable. Zakat is a farz to every muslim and compulsory. Jazia can be collected in some special circumstances. A non muslim automatically does not fall under Jazia just because they live in a muslim country.

Anyways back to topic.

Pl. explain this:

DAWN.COM | Provinces | Jazia tax imposed on Sikhs of Khyber Agency

Jazia tax imposed on Sikhs of Khyber Agency.

Back
Top Bottom