What's new

Lt Gen Faiz Hameed appointed new DG ISI

Most posters are posting bs which is far far from the truth.
The very simple reason for the transfer of Gen. Asim Munir is the fact that he is in the run to be the new COAS.
One of the basic pre requisites to stand a chance to becoming PA Chief is for a LT. Gen. to have commanded a Corps. Any LT. Gen. Who hasent commanded a Corps is not even considered.
With just some 5 months remaining till a new coas is selected, Gen. Asim had reached a point where it was now or never.

P.s: his wife is not sick and is fine
is there any chances for asim bajwa to become coas

@RIWWIR Its not an thread for asking next COAS but if allows love to know more about Sarfaraz Sattar

This is not routine. DG I's are expected to serve for 2-3 years. He was barely 8 months into his appointment.
Mate this is army...there is no written rule ...BTW as per my knowledge Lt Gen Asim Munir was appointed only till this date in Oct 2018. And remember, it was kind of kept secret and there was some confusion...but this time it has been very open. Furthermore, becoming a corps commander is a promotion from DG ISI.

Mate this is army...there is no written rule ...BTW as per my knowledge Lt Gen Asim Munir was appointed only till this date in Oct 2018. And remember, it was kind of kept secret and there was some confusion...but this time it has been very open. Furthermore, becoming a corps commander is a promotion from DG ISI.

Agreed ---- I never said there was any written rule. Many previous chiefs commanded Gujranwala, so definitely a promotion. He initially didn't settle too well in the ISI --- sometimes the jump from DG MI to DG ISI isn't so smooth.

@RIWWIR Its not an thread for asking next COAS but if allows love to know more about Sarfaraz Sattar

Legend! Military Attache to India, DG MI, Corps Commander Multan, DG SPD Force.

Thanx for input so what his chances ?Most senior general he would be on 29th nov in service also if i rem correctly regards very high in Raheel Sharif opinion
Legend! Military Attache to India, DG MI, Corps Commander Multan, DG SPD Force.

Agreed ---- I never said there was any written rule. Many previous chiefs commanded Gujranwala, so definitely a promotion. He initially didn't settle too well in the ISI --- sometimes the jump from DG MI to DG ISI isn't so smooth.
ISI and MI are not a good mix. I'll leave at that.

A person clearly indicted in the SC ruling for sabotaging and going against the constitution of Pakistan made the DG ISI is not a good sign for the democratic future of Pakistan. Time catches up with all sooner or later
please read out the para on the Judgement that 'clearly' mentions any officer of the Military

ISI and MI are not a good mix. I'll leave at that.
those who have served in ISI fora long time are not able to adjust in MI with ease and same is said for MI => ISI shift too....something to do with culture......I picked up on this when I was reading Brig. Trimzi's memoir 'Profiles of Intelligence' couple of years ago and later it was in 2015 when another senior officer also said something along the same.......

please read out the para on the Judgement that 'clearly' mentions any officer of the Military

those who have served in ISI fora long time are not able to adjust in MI with ease and same is said for MI => ISI shift too....something to do with culture......I picked up on this when I was reading Brig. Trimzi's memoir 'Profiles of Intelligence' couple of years ago and later it was in 2015 when another senior officer also said something along the same.......
:)

100% true, even though ISI is full of CMI chaps and DGs of a certain Wing are always from the CMI.

Back
Top Bottom