What's new

Lt Gen Faiz Hameed appointed new DG ISI

54732044_371027513498267_5628092514615093529_n.jpg
I have high hopes from him.

Well its not normal. Lt Gen Asim Munir got replaced as ISI cheif in just 8 months.
Something is fishy... I personally think he was aggressive against India and PM and Gen Bajwa did not like it.

Lt Gen Faiz Hameed has been appointed new DG ISI. Outgoing ISI shief appointed CORPS Commander Gujranwala.

پاک فوج میں لیفٹیننٹ جزلز کی تقرریاں اور تبادلے، آئی ایس پی آر
لیفٹیننٹ جزل عامر عباسی جی ایچ کیو میں کوارٹر ماسٹر جزل تعینات
لیفٹیننٹ جزل معظم اعجاز جی ایچ کیو میں انجینئر ان چیف تعینات
لیفٹیننٹ جزل عاصم منیر کمانڈر گوجرانوالہ کور تعینات
لیفٹیننٹ جزل ساحر شمشاد مرزا جی ایچ کیو میں ایڈجوٹیننٹ جزل تعینات
لیفٹیننٹ جزل فیض حمید ڈی جی آئی ایس آئی تعینات

L
t Gen Asim Munir not given full term as DG ISI. Is this positioning for new Army chief ?? Any senior member any comments
i Hope he will be next General Hameed Gul or Brg. Tariq Mahmood.

Looks to be an appointment, focusing on counter intelligence operations inside the country, to neutralize loose elements. A smart choice that shows all parts of those responsible for the nation are closing ranks.

External threats wax and wan, but internal threats need to be dealt first and foremost or else they just build up.

On the world stage, the strategy is the 1980s Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping's strategy of "Hide your strength and bide your time"; but in Pakistan's case is "rebuild your strength and bide your time".

Out going isi chief failed to control terror attacks in Balochistan and failed to neautralize Ptm in advance.
Guys celebrated a lot a previous dg isi as being a Saiyadzada ....
And he was supposed to be magical guy...
Anyways good that army is also working on the policy of those who perform would stay and those who don't would go just like government removed its ministers.

I usually don’t comment on such stuff because it’s expected that when people don’t know the truth they’re allowed to assume. But this time I’ll just point out that those assumptions are false. The army had another reason altogether for removing him from that post, but I’m afraid I can’t say it.
The only thing I want to clarify is that the outgoing ISI chief is far from a failure. If he was one he wouldn’t be a Lt.Gen and further wouldn’t be given such an important appointment as CC Gujranwala.
Either way, sometimes stuff has to be out of the ordinary. Let the people whose job it is to know this know it and carry on, just try not to make false assumptions about a respectable person :)

Out going isi chief failed to control terror attacks in Balochistan and failed to neautralize Ptm in advance.

To his credit, its a tough job. hopefully the new chief is better adept to to these threats; especially delegating to subject matter experts that can stay laser focused on solving or mitigating each threat thoroughly. Internal threats need to be solved holistically so they don't have room the spring back. ISI needs a Special Police force and a force of lawyers to aid local law enforcement to not let small threats balloon, but they also need the ear of members of parliament to manage their districts with full focus. members of parliament that are miss-managing their districts need to be exposed if they don't correct there actions, no matter which party they belong to.

Fencing the borders and adding to the number of PMSA ships to keep external elements from funding local threats will help over the coming months and years.

Last edited:
I usually don’t comment on such stuff because it’s expected that when people don’t know the truth they’re allowed to assume. But this time I’ll just point out that those assumptions are false. The army had another reason altogether for removing him from that post, but I’m afraid I can’t say it.
The only thing I want to clarify is that the outgoing ISI chief is far from a failure. If he was one he wouldn’t be a Lt.Gen and further wouldn’t be given such an important appointment as CC Gujranwala.
Either way, sometimes stuff has to be out of the ordinary. Let the people whose job it is to know this know it and carry on, just try not to make false assumptions about a respectable person :)

Agree. That's what is prudent, particularly in matters, related with the security of the state. But, unfortunately, we are quite careless and carefree, on these issues.

I criticised the people who were celebrating as if being a Saiyadzada gives him special power ....
And you talk as if you knew the workings of the army and has been personally informed by the army chief himself about the transfer.
Ofcourse reaching at such a high position is after achieving something but maybe he was not good at one thing but best at another hence changed.
But no one has miracle powers due to its linage.. One those who work hard succeed .

That was quick.
So it was his work that nabbed those Traitor trio.
Had he not distributed those 1000 rupees notes so openly & personally, he would have been in this seat 8 months earlier.
Let’s just hope he stays away from the cameras.

Back
Top Bottom