What's new

Longest Range Ballistic Missile All Set for Undersea Launch

17 tonne missile,taking 2 tonne warhead to 3500 kms...

Would we see MIRVs on this one?

Any info on MIRV on Agni V?

I agree that our Journalists are pathetic,
But whats written in report ' A hypersonic missile that never leaves atmostphere ' is a term used by DRDO to describe a QBM to our journos ( coz our journos got no info on whats a QBM )

That was the same way they described K15 also and DRDO classifies it as a STM not a QBM .

I guess india is way far ahead of the US, Russia & China in technology..
coz whatever they make is "best in the world"......:omghaha:

may it be missiles, aircraft's, helicopters, tanks, idiots, etc etc etc..
I guess india is way far ahead of the US, Russia & China in technology..
coz whatever they make is "best in the world"......:omghaha:

may it be missiles, aircraft's, helicopters, tanks, idiots etc etc etc..

We are not far ahead wrt to bolded part.

See,how can India be ahead of Pakistan in that,when people like you are there n Pakistan..

:lol:

If K4 does not leave the atmosphere , then there will be no 're-entry' . Hence no RV .

If K4 does not leave the atmosphere , then there will be no 're-entry' . Hence no RV .

K 15 has a powered boost glide RV(?)

ehhhhhh:no: wrong call

1- R-36M (SS-18 Satan), Russia - 16,000km

2- DongFeng 5A (DF-5A), China - 13,000km

The artice say its a shaped trajectory missile,so post info aboutsubmarine,launched STMs

Any info on MIRV on Agni V?

There was a thread on this forum not so long ago where DRDO said Agni V can carry 3 warheads.

There was a thread on this forum not so long ago where DRDO said Agni V can carry 3 warheads.

Should be TNWs...RVs weigh around 400 kg
So 3 x 400 = 1200 kg still less than 1.5 tonne capability of A 5

Should be TNWs...RVs weigh around 400 kg
So 3 x 400 = 1200 kg still less than 1.5 tonne capability of A 5

Probably, TNW, but thats what I read...I am not able to find that link though.

Probably, TNW, but thats what I read...I am not able to find that link though.

RV mk 4 used Agni III weighs around 400 kg,and houses a 200 kT TNW,and diameter is really small,that they use a payload adapter to connect it to the missile..

RV mk 4 used Agni III weighs around 400 kg,and houses a 200 kT TNW,and diameter is really small,that they use a payload adapter to connect it to the missile..

Tessy Thomas stated in the past that several new technologies were tested in Agni 4. I believe one of them could be MIRV preparedness. MIRV is nothing but self propelled warhead(so some weight compromise there). Regarding the Agni 4 and Agni 3, 5 context, multiple final stages of Agni 4 with the warhead can be fixed over Agni 3, 5

That would explain why Agni 3 was showing a payload capacity of 2500kgs and Agni 5 1500kgs. Also it would explain the range reduction for these missiles.

Back
Top Bottom