What's new

Long march begins

No doubt this long march will create a lot of instability in the country.
We should realize that this long march is not against one man or against a Single Party, but it is against the democracy for which we have struggled alot. Political leaders like nawaz Shareef and Imran Khan are once again using these lawyer movement for their own political needs.
May God save this Nation :cry:

I would like to see a long March against politicians and political parties.

No doubt this long march will create a lot of instability in the country.
We should realize that this long march is not against one man or against a Single Party, but it is against the democracy for which we have struggled alot. Political leaders like nawaz Shareef and Imran Khan are once again using these lawyer movement for their own political needs.
May God save this Nation :cry:

I am sorry....But this does not makes sense....

Long march is just another way of protesting.....and last I checked protests are the part and parcel of "Democracy".... Only Democracies allow public protests....

and dont tell me that all the people who protested against war in Iraq all over the world including USA and EU... did it to topple their respective Govts.

Long march is a pressurizing tactic. No doubt any pressure group and lawyers are a pressure group, has a right to protest. Lawyers movement, as long as it was lawyer’s movement, had a noble cause in supporting right of the judiciary to say’ NO’ to political pressure influencing their judgments.

However, the movement was hijacked by the political parties; especially PML (N). All other methods had failed to mobilize the masses. Nawaz Sharif saw this as an opportunity to remove his arch enemy Musharraf. There were more chants “Go Musharraf go” then about judiciary in all the rallies.

The situation has since changed as most of the judges have been reinstated. Now it only for Iftikhar Chaudhdry.

Suppose after Iftikhar Chaudhry is reinstated, he declares NRO invalid. This will automatically disqualify Zardari to hold any office. A nice coup for Nawaz Sharif. The stakes are therefore very high. I am however surprised to see a very important member of the PPP; Aitzaz Hassan ostensibly working against the interests of Zardari. One would think that Aitzaz is waitng for the disqualification of Zardari to offer himself as president?

Protest is the right of anyone disagreeing with gov’t policies in a democracy. Don’t know if attempt to bring down an elected gov’t by a pressure group will qualify as democracy, but it is definitely politicking and politics is all about power.

Nawaz shareef is a hypocrite,disguising all of us in the form of a loyal leader.He promised during the elections and it was his slogan throughout the election campaign that he would restore the judges along with other forces.But the question arises why he is not favoring those judges who never took oath on P.C.O while Iftikhar chaudhry took the oath on P.C.O. Why nawaz shareef is playing double game?

//I am sorry....But this does not makes sense....
Long march is just another way of protesting.....and last I checked protests are the part and parcel of "Democracy".... Only Democracies allow public protests//

Ofcourse there might be possibility of long marches and these can play a very positive role to put your ambitions in front of the government but the recent trend of these long marches don't allow us to become a part of these "personal profit marches".
Nawaz shareef is threatening the present government to agree with him,otherwise nawaz shareefs political career would be ruined as his slogan was "free and fair judiciary".
Which the government has done but in a different way, nawaz shareef was bent on the restoration of iftikhar chaudhry,but he was not liable to be restored as he took the oath on P.C.O.

Why nawaz shareef is not taking keen interest for the restoration of those judges who never took oath on P.C.O?????

I just want to clear one thing here that NAWAZ SHAREEF is just create a propagnda against democracy. why he is not replying governmnt abt DR A.Q khan release? 80% judges already restored. why he is creating propagnda ? just for CJ ???

or he not want peace in country?

Y LONG MARCH? for whome? for CJ or against Democracy?

Why he is not happy . all the time CJ CJ CJ CJ . wat da hell is this. CJ is not a solution of Democracy in a country. look at PPP Governmnt all parties work for country . not Mr.Nawaz Shareef he just work for Chief justice.

You cannot deny or undermine the CJs contribution to Pakistan.

The least you can do is give him credit for bringing a quiet revolution in Pakistan in the midst of which people are atleast aware of "insaaf" and the rights crooks such as Zardari and b****** "lottas" like Doggar have been denying them.

Secondly, if it werent for CJ, Musharraf and his cronies would still be around, and leaders who shouldve be milking cows wouldve been your representatives. Not that the current forty theives are any better, atleast we are moving in a positive direction that will eventually strenghten our institutions.

Btw, there is a reason why of all the people in recent history, our CJ was awarded the Harvard Medol of Freedom.

Nawaz Sharif has always wanted to completely free A Q Khan and he was the most respective scientist during his reign he has provided Pakistan with a large industrial setup similar to that of Ayub Khan.

If you have a misconception that he hijacked the lawyers movement for his own election campaign you should remember that he was the first person to say all the way back in 2007 how pro lawyer movement he was.

Their are still lawyers out their who haven't taken oath under the P.C.O and Nawaz is not arguing particularly for the sake of C.J he is arguing for the sake that such actions do not take place again.

In all fairness if you think that he would like a mini coup to reinstate himself then he could have simply shaken hands with PML-Q again and been the strongest party in the Punjab Baluchistan and National assembly and then voted no confidence.

Who would be in power if a long march was held and the politicians step out don't give me idiocy on Musharraf because he may have been pro Pakistan but he was against the system that works in most parts of the world, its like an A.C needs a few cycles to get into proper action.

You can read on my views of what should happen to Pakistan on this thread

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/17806-if-i-were-incharge-pakistan-today-post245957.html

Personally if anyone has a problem against N.S. he can pose a better candidate but I can't seem to understand why him in particular if anyone is given the oppurtunity he is likely to loot the country.

I think N.S. is a good politician but I don't think that politics is a good thing.
The reason why I think he is the least evil for our country is because he is an industry man his ultimate gain is if the industry thrives he is no landlord who is happy with higher commodity rates and high prices for everything and uneducated people because a lack of spending power hurts his business and effects his growth he is someone who imposed many tax reliefs on many sectors. He started and developed many projects that can help the industry specially the road network of our country.

He is just as human as we are and if he keeps his money in a foreign account to earn money off interest rates it helps him and he has every right to do so he is a steel magnate who has shown progress matched by fellow steel industry men. If someone owns a thriving business he may evade taxes but that is the practical theory behind all the super rich businesses. He needs to educate people to expand his empire he needs to create jobs to keep his business flourishing he needs to help industrialists with associated business because he needs respect in the business community and examples can be seen of Industrial setup during his reign all the jobs that were created in many regions provinces were given budgets Sui power project was expanded and the reason for his downfall was the fact that he had had a war against India and taken hold of Nuclear power and even showed his prowess by giving Inida a solid response after their successfull tests.

To all those who are so pro Musharraf let us remember he was the one leader who went to India made deals with them allowed Indian channels to reopen broadcast in Pakistan for sure I can see the mentality of all pro Musharraf people who probably can't wait to get the next glimpse of Star Plus after getting the forum in my opinion the very reason our society began to lose its Identity was because they were watching Indian drama's and movies. All Marchall Law administrators gave to this country can be seen, people captured thanks to the Dhaka fall (general Yahya) after the war handing land over to India by Bhutto who was also a cheif marshall law administrator, helping create the Taleban and Al qaeda thanks to Gen Zia and then openly stepping into a lost cause thanks to Musharraf. I feel that they may have done temporary good to this country but they did permanent bads.

N.S. tried working with Zardari when it didn't work he went into oppsition the reason why Punjab is being unable to progress is because of Governor Taseer and his constant denial of any rule to pass out in Punjab.

The reason as you can see why PML-Q and PPP are making an alliance is to get hold of power but they openly admit they are doing so because of the harrasment of Nazims who have been told off for not having things done. After all they seem to be working at a hundred percent isn't it?

I think that before levelling arguements people need to think sensibly and properly rather than banging on and on without looking on both sides.

Has national strike ever hurt democracies in the past no infact they have been made to come out stronger and better from them because these movements makes people aware force them to reason and learn more specially those who have the ability to read.

by the way I was reading old posts where people swear and curse N.S. I wish I could answer them all but only if the arguements wouldn't be like why doesn't he give all his money in Pakistan which is a load of tosh.

Punjab lawmakers’ houses raided, activists being hauled up

Updated at: 1157 PST, Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ISLAMABAD: Overnight large-scale raids and arrests all across the province of Punjab continued unabated for thwarting the impending long march and sit-in in the federal capital city here.

Scores of political workers and lawyers were arrested. The government of Punjab has clamped section 144 in the province including the capital city Lahore, while it has been decided to deploy Rangers in the big cities/towns. Lists of political activists and lawyers have been prepared and their houses are being raided for arrests.

Police sources told that national assembly members—Bilal Yasin, Chaudhry Naseer Bhatta, former provincial minister Chaudhry Abdul Ghafoor, while Punjab assembly members—Khawaja Imran Nazir and Shamsa Gauhar’s houses were raided for arrests.

In Raiwind, several activists of ML-N and JI were arrested during the crackdown unleashed by the police. Several ML-N activists, local leaders and workers were also arrested in raids at Kasur and Khadian, while the Islamabad/Rawalpindi ML-N local leaders had gone underground on tip-off of the crackdown.

Police sources told that the Islamabad houses of ML-N leader Zafar Ali Shah, Dr. Tariq MNA and Anjum Aqeel were raided, but they were not present at their residences, while the police hauled up Dr. Tariq’s brother.

Rawalpindi lawyers’ leader Justice (Retired) Tariq Mahmud, ML-N leaders—Hanif Abbasi, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Ziaullah Shah, Shabab Milli president, Syed Shahid Gilani, JI leader Dabir Ahmad Khan’s houses were also raided, but they were not present at their residences. Human Rights activist, Tahira Abdullah was released after being kept into custody for three hours.

Punjab lawmakers’ houses raided, activists being hauled up - GEO.tv

Army deployed in 30 Punjab districts

Updated at: 0123 PST, Wednesday, March 11, 2009

LAHORE: Punjab government on Tuesday resolved to deploy army in as many as 30 districts of Punjab province while rangers will be deployed in 11 districts in face of lawyers’ long march commencing from March 12, sources privy to police revealed.

According to Punjab interior department, both army and rangers’ troops will likely to be deployed in some districts whereas army and rangers personnel will commence joint flag-march from March 12 in districts declared sensitive.

According to sources, government has decided to keep, the ‘A Class’ leadership belonging to opposition political parties and lawyers, confined in their houses while ‘B and C Class’ leadership will be kept behind the bars.

Punjab police received lists carrying names of political leaders together with activists and lodged series of raids at their houses while several arrests were also made following those lists, sources said.

Section 144 was imposed in several cities of Punjab on Tuesday for three days with effect of Wednesday and those cities include Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Sheikhupura, Pakpattan, Dera Ghazi Khan and Gujrat declaring that under the aforesaid section, no protest march or gathering of people at one place would be allowed.

Meanwhile in Faisalabad the lists, carrying names of the activists and leaders of opposition political parties as such PML-N, Tehrik-e-Insaaf, Jamat-e-Islami, lawyers leaders, were sent to respective police stations on late Tuesday for nabbing them, sources informed media saying, “political workers have begun to hide for fear of detention.”

Latest in this connection, plain clothed police officials raided on houses of President High Court Multan Bar Association Mehmood Ashraf Khan and General Secretary Rana Naveed however no arrests were made.

District Nazim Mian Amir Mahmood said that the decision to impose section 144 was taken, in view of the security fears and to maintain law and order situation.

Army deployed in 30 Punjab districts - GEO.tv

Back
Top Bottom